Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How many free kicks can the ref give Chelsea and not give us? They dive and they get a free kick. They tackle us and the ref says play on.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many free kicks can the ref give Chelsea and not give us? They dive and they get a free kick. They tackle us and the ref says play on.
While I agree we played into CHelsea's hands. Brilliant game from there and fair play.

We dust ourselves off and go on.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We played well for most of the game. We kinda fizzled toward back end of the game .They defended very well , that’s Chelsea’s strength these days. They are hard to score against. We didn’t really create clear cut chances but a few shots which their keeper had to deal with . Mane could have played better . But got to give credit where credits due they defended well.
Its 2 points dropped for us against a very well organised defensive side.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thought Elliott was good, tho I'd start Thiago next time.

We'll be ok. Not the result we wanted but we did ok.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not enough creativity there in the second half. What options did we have, he brought on Thiago to find a way through and that didn’t change anything. Teams playing deep will still trouble us this year. Chelsea look strong and will be up there challenging no doubt, deeep squad will serve them well.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That bald prick is either blind or does not understand the rules. The bald prick had to go to VAR for a blatant handball on the line.
He’s actually from Manchester so that tells you everything that you need to know…

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not enough creativity there in the second half. What options did we have, he brought on Thiago to find a way through and that didn’t change anything. Teams playing deep will still trouble us this year. Chelsea look strong and will be up there challenging no doubt, deeep squad will serve them well.
Brought Thiago on too late. Personally would've brought Ox on as he opens things up and can shoot from distance.

As I said. Not the end of the world but not a heat result for us

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez couldn’t put away a 10 man out fit, and only goal against them from the penalty merchant salah
I’d be very disappointed to be held to a draw against 10 men and my only goal come from a penalty at home

Amazing defence effort by Chelsea, huge effort
That might be the making of that team
Mental, the mentality of that team to defend like they did with a man down against LiVARPool at anfield just wow
And 2 of their top players injured, absolutely mental effort from Chelsea
They look like the real thing wow

12v10 most of the game too

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bad performance. Really need to recruit an attacker, Mane was fucking horrible and lost the ball 836262847362 times ffs. Klopp probably should've started with players like Jota, Kostas and Keita who have been in form.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Btw I fell asleep 5 minutes into the game and had to re-watch it just then lol.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Geez couldn’t put away a 10 man out fit, and only goal against them from the penalty merchant salah
I’d be very disappointed to be held to a draw against 10 men and my only goal come from a penalty at home

Amazing defence effort by Chelsea, huge effort
That might be the making of that team
Mental, the mentality of that team to defend like they did with a man down against LiVARPool at anfield just wow
And 2 of their top players injured, absolutely mental effort from Chelsea
They look like the real thing wow

12v10 most of the game too
Says the man whose team drew with Southampton .
I doubt you even watched the game because if you did you would have seen the referee was rubbish and wouldn’t blow anything . VAR saved his sorry ass with the handball on the line.He let many many fouls go for them . Foul stats for the game , in 90 minutes Chelsea committed just 3 fouls to our 12.pffft . That’s because he wouldnt pull-up their many fouls .
One team came to attack and the other came to defend.
12-3 corners and 25-6 shots and the bulk of possession in our favour
Did we play well ? yes .
Could we have played better ? Yes, our passing could have been quicker and some players in the final 3rd were below par.
Chelsea are a team that now base their game on defence, they managed to win the CL that way by getting a goal and then nullifying the oppositions attacking ability .They have had something like 32 clean sheets since Tuchel has come . They are the PL version of Atletico in how they play.
They are not easy team to play against even when they go a man down because they know how to defend.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bad performance. Really need to recruit an attacker, Mane was fucking horrible and lost the ball 836262847362 times ffs. Klopp probably should've started with players like Jota, Kostas and Keita who have been in form.
Kostas offers more than Robbo going forward, we focussed all our attacks down the right side. I can see why he went for Robbo though as he has more experience in such big games and is a better defender. But Kostas has a better delivery
I too expected Jota to start and was surprised to see him on the bench .
Keita should have started ahead of Henderson, not only because he is good form but his would have been suited for this game. You need players in the middle that can dribble and drive at the opposition to open up their defence .
Anyway, we didn’t play too bad, we were just below par in the final 3rd trying to breakdown a team with 7-8 players ina no around the box at times.
Mane should have been hooked around the 70 mark .

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Says the man whose team drew with Southampton .
I doubt you even watched the game because if you did you would have seen the referee was rubbish and wouldn’t blow anything . VAR saved his sorry ass with the handball on the line.He let many many fouls go for them . Foul stats for the game , in 90 minutes Chelsea committed just 3 fouls to our 12.pffft . That’s because he wouldnt pull-up their many fouls .
One team came to attack and the other came to defend.
12-3 corners and 25-6 shots and the bulk of possession in our favour
Did we play well ? yes .
Could we have played better ? Yes, our passing could have been quicker and some players in the final 3rd were below par.
Chelsea are a team that now base their game on defence, they managed to win the CL that way by getting a goal and then nullifying the oppositions attacking ability .They have had something like 32 clean sheets since Tuchel has come . They are the PL version of Atletico in how they play.
They are not easy team to play against even when they go a man down because they know how to defend.
Southhampton had 11 men….. lol

Anyway, Chelsea didn’t go there tot defend they were attacking until they had a player sent and had no choice but to defend
Be silly to keep attacking with a player down but even as a liverpoool supporter you must admire the defending with a player down at anfield
Incredible effort
You guys have a lot of hardworking midfielders but none that can open a team up, if your front 3 fail to do that you guys struggle to create from you midfield
FSG really needed to open their purse
I thought you guys would beat Chelsea, and with a man down should of killed em at home
Anyway on to the next game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kostas offers more than Robbo going forward, we focussed all our attacks down the right side. I can see why he went for Robbo though as he has more experience in such big games and is a better defender. But Kostas has a better delivery
Keita should have started ahead of Henderson, not only because he is good form but his would have been suited for this game. You need players in the middle that can dribble and drive at the opposition to open up their defence .
Anyway, we didn’t play too bad, we were just below par in the final 3rd trying to breakdown a team with 7-8 players ina no around the box at times.
I don't think it matters who plays midfield, there's a tactical decision being made by Klopp and it limits the attacking freedom in that role. Elliott picked up some good positions occasionally and looked threatening but a lot of the time he was pushed out wide and making overlapping runs with TAA tucking inside. TAA, Salah and Elliott...I'm not sure if it's going to work with the three of them? Maybe it might just take time for them to build combinations.

Honestly idk wtf we do with Mane, he looked good during preseason and he looks rapid in the training videos but fucking hell he was useless on the ball today. Just fucking standing with the ball at his feet, slowing down play, taking the wrong option over and over again, failing to beat his defenders...just awful. Klopp should've throw Taki on for him earlier, give him an opportunity to show that he can be an option for us moving forward. Anyway we defenitely need buy somewhat established attacker.

On a positive note it's good to see Klopp starting Elliott and trusting him in such a big game, he did make some poor decisions but at the same time he covered the most ground of any player. Big achievement to see him adapt to the midfield role within basically a pressing. Maybe it's a sign that Klopp is trying to change things? Maybe give him more freedom once he settles in or the combinations build like I mentioned earlier? If only his early shot went in..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our set pieces also needs to improve, we should creating more chances from them even if they're scrappy like in the lead up to the James red card. On corners Robbo drills it into the first man while TAA is inconsistent as fuck and all over the place. Elliott whipped one in perfectly, Kostas also looked a lot more dangerous with his in previous week's.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we played quite well that first half. Defensively sound tho went to sleep for their goal which was a beauty.

Mane just seems off it. Would be nice seeing true competition for him.

Felt we were lacking quality from Trent and Robbo. Have always relied on those two to produce assists but both weren't on it

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our set pieces also needs to improve, we should creating more chances from them even if they're scrappy like in the lead up to the James red card. On corners Robbo drills it into the first man while TAA is inconsistent as fuck and all over the place. Elliott whipped one in perfectly, Kostas also looked a lot more dangerous with his in previous week's.
Totally agree. Dreadful set pieces in all honesty