Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
at his best, I believe Maradona played the highest level of football ever... but he was a confessed cocaine user for which he got banned in the early 90's, he used a banned performance enhancer that got him thrown out of the 1994 World Cup, had links to the Neapolitan Camorra mafia, was a very public supporter of Fidel Castro, consistently f*+#ed prostitutes and other women, abandoned his bastard child born to his sister's friend in Naples in 1986 and did not acknowledge his son for decades, shot at media with an air rifle, was involved in a full on melee in a match vs Athletic Bilbao etc.

best not use off field flaws when judging on field abilities
It's hard seperating off field antics with true talent on the pitch. Should we seperate it?

You mentioned Maradonna, but would he be able to get away with all that shit he did in modern times? It's not that simple really, but that being said every player has skeletons.

Heard a heap of stuff about Stevie G which absolutely shocked me, and he's obviously the biggest legend of all time ... at Liverpool anyway.

But, at the end of the day they're there to play football so we can't judge them on what happened off it. Well, it shouldn't get in the way of deciding their onfield abilities as you say.

It's clear that I don't like the whole Ronaldo rape thing, but at the end of the day he's an absolute phenonemal player. Out of this world how good he's been for how long. So, as a player he's outstanding.

Guess it's not that simple anymore though, as these guys are world-wide icons so the expectations are higher for them. They're role models, and if they get away with shit then why can't others?

It's a hard one though.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Curtis Jones injured playing for England Under 21’s. Out of the Watford game.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fabino and Alisson out also.

Bloody internationals.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kelleher

TAA
Robertson
Matip
VVD

Henderson
Milner
Keita

Salah
Mane
Jota

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would play 4-2-3-1 but let’s see what Klopp does.
I think Klopp might do it, he trusts the front 4 but I'm unsure if he trusts many of our midfielders right now. Surely Ox is due a good game... :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okay, what if we played Matip DM? He played there years ago and I think he's good enough on the ball to play in midfield? LETS DO IT KLOPPO

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okay, what if we played Matip DM? He played there years ago and I think he's good enough on the ball to play in midfield? LETS DO IT KLOPPO
I don't think there's a need to panic tho.

Play Hendo DM then Milner and Keita in front

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say no to him or VVD playing there with Gomez stepping in at CB.