Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taki really impressed me. Never stopped running
He seemed to be really enjoying himself too. Has really come out of his skin. Think Sancho has mentioned before, and I agree that he'll be getting a look in in front of Firmino soon enough based on his current form.

Wonderful position to be in.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taki has really found his feet, looking a lot more confident and comfortable in the side. Hope he gets a decent run even if it means Bobby gets a little less game time. Jones also looking very good..our midfield is absolutely stacked.
Yes. Jones is looking great. Honestly expect OX to leave in the winter window as can't see how he's going to get a look in when he comes back from injury. Yes. Gini is leaving next year but ...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Curtis Jones is way too good to be 8th choice CM. I'd sell Ox now and let Wijnaldum/Milner leave at the end of the season.

Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Keita & Jones are good enough moving ahead from next season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes. Jones is looking great. Honestly expect OX to leave in the winter window as can't see how he's going to get a look in when he comes back from injury. Yes. Gini is leaving next year but ...
Jones will only get better training and playing alongside Thiago, should help Keita also. You're right about Ox, just hasn't kicked on at all and he's going to have a hard time breaking into the team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Curtis Jones is way too good to be 8th choice CM. I'd sell Ox now and let Wijnaldum/Milner leave at the end of the season.

Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho, Keita & Jones are good enough moving ahead from next season.
Don't think we need to sell anyone now as i doubt we would actually go out and buy a replacement. Jones has probably jumped ahead in the pecking order anyway...maybe Ox can cover RB if Williams keeps putting in performances like this morning lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Ox being injured we wouldn't get the price we want for ox. Not now anyway

Loving jones' swag. Got an arrogance about him, and love it. Really think he'll develop into something special at the club.

Got a feeling that milner will step into a coaching position at liverpool at the end so we'll extend him time with us as long as he wants

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't think we need to sell anyone now as i doubt we would actually go out and buy a replacement. Jones has probably jumped ahead in the pecking order anyway...maybe Ox can cover RB if Williams keeps putting in performances like this morning lol
Neco was terrible in all honesty but he's young. Remember Trent had a few shockers defensively when he started, and even now he has the odd game. The way we play means our wide backs are more exposed, so the midfield should be supporting more. Neco didn't get that support yesterday but ... He still made some terrible mistakes

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I'd say we'd need one more. Two for every position and all of that, and think we still need an extra midfielder, whoever that may be

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allison injured is the word. Thiago also potentially not playing tomorrow ...

Hmmm, definitely not good news with Hendo also out. Really think it'll be an extremely tough match against Arsenal so without those 3 will make it much harder.

But ... still feel we can get a result out of it. That's for sure.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pepe and City are about to bring the total they've spent on defenders to over 400m pounds. Absolutely mental considering how badly their defence has been this past year or so.

Long may it continue!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Allison injured is the word. Thiago also potentially not playing tomorrow ...

Hmmm, definitely not good news with Hendo also out. Really think it'll be an extremely tough match against Arsenal so without those 3 will make it much harder.

But ... still feel we can get a result out of it. That's for sure.
Yes they're both almost defenitely out. Fuck.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes they're both almost defenitely out. Fuck.
Well. This team loves playing with their backs against the wall.

Gomez is back which is a massive plus but it's Allison out or more Adrian playing that's a worry. Screwed our CL last year with some shocking mistakes but it must be said he made some top saves in our cup game mid-week.

Should be a cracker game as Arsenal are really in good form

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rumours going around that Allison and Thiago have given negative COVID tests clearing them to play tonight. Hope that's true!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allison starts. No Thiago. Happy with that.

Going to be interesting. Huge game for the boys. Get this win and you never know.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wtf was that haha
Fucking hell. We like the stupid mistakes at the back.

Getting away with it for now but ....

Otherwise we're excellent. Really excellent. Only halfway though and need another goal or two judging by our capability to screw around with it at the back. Big half ahead

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta big up Keita actually. Bags of talent, but is so much more disciplined this year with his play and pressing. We've always talked about Klopp only really trusting certain individuals in that midfield for big games, and he was never one of them. But now his tactical side of things has improved out of this world.

An injury free year for him and I'd expect us to win many things.