Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great starting lineup. Worry about the bench a little if I'm honest but hopefully the win won't depend on that ...

C'mon boys

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck sake Keita does his groin in the warm up

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FFS. Really didn't need Keita out also. Waiting on to see if he's badly injured or not ... He's got a week and a bit to recover for Spurs as we need him! Crazy our luck wth injuries this year ..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're going through the motions a little bit. Really should be a few up. Their keeper has made a few handy saves. Think Mo is actually looking OK for once, would love to see him get a few more. Gomez lovely.

Firmino looks tired ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Special team this. Just special.

The amount of injuries. The amount of games. We keep fighting. We keep getting results.

Special team. Long may it continue.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tell you what. Jordan Henderson has had his knockers, especially one person on here. But if you watched that game and didn't see what an excellent player he is and how crucial he is for us then you've gotta stop wathing footy. He's driving this team. Yes, there are many captains on that field but he's driving it. Let's just hope he manages to stay fit as we need him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
2-3 weeks out me thinks.
Routine win against Sheffield. We play Everton next in the the FA cup , followed by Spurs , Scum Utd and Wolves in the PL.
Still disappointing. I'm really getting sick of Ox and Keita getting injured all the time, almost want to ship them off and look at different options.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still disappointing. I'm really getting sick of Ox and Keita getting injured all the time, almost want to ship them off and look at different options.
Yeah, it's hard to take as we really need both of them fit now. Same can be said about Matip and Lovren if I'm honest. Both injured way too often. Hope to god all of them now stay fit for the rest of the season ... when they come back!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thought I might just leave this here:

Jurgen Klopp: “Jordan Henderson is exceptional. Yes, he is outstanding. Absolutely incredible. I do not take that for granted for one second. Is Hendo the perfect football player? No. Do I know anybody who is? No. Is he is unbelievably important to us? Yes.”

“If anybody who is with us still doesn’t see the quality of Jordan Henderson, then I cannot help them.”

Definitely 1st player he'd replace ...

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tell you what. Jordan Henderson has had his knockers, especially one person on here. But if you watched that game and didn't see what an excellent player he is and how crucial he is for us then you've gotta stop wathing footy. He's driving this team. Yes, there are many captains on that field but he's driving it. Let's just hope he manages to stay fit as we need him
I found myself thinking “wow Hendo’s having a wow of a match, and how good has he been for us this year” ...watching him today and recently!!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it's hard to take as we really need both of them fit now. Same can be said about Matip and Lovren if I'm honest. Both injured way too often. Hope to god all of them now stay fit for the rest of the season ... when they come back!
Ox , Fabinho, Matip and Lovren should be fit and available in 10 or so days. All 4 are training, they’re just not at the physical level Klopp wants them to be right now. So if we can avoid any further injuries in the next couple of weeks we should be close to full strength. We’ve also strengthened with the sign8ng of Minamino . Having said that, there’s no way Matip or Lovren should be replacing Gomez the way he has played in the last 4 games. He’s been one of our best .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ox , Fabinho, Matip and Lovren should be fit and available in 10 or so days. All 4 are training, they’re just not at the physical level Klopp wants them to be right now. So if we can avoid any further injuries in the next couple of weeks we should be close to full strength. We’ve also strengthened with the sign8ng of Minamino . Having said that, there’s no way Matip or Lovren should be replacing Gomez the way he has played in the last 4 games. He’s been one of our best .
Yes, good points actually. Just gotta get through these next couple of weeks. Also have the 2 week winter break in February too so that should bring some much needed relief.

I'd rest Gomez, Robbo, Firmino, Mane, Hendo at the very least on Sunday. Though I can't see him resting Hendo.

Agree about Gomez. He's really playing well now and actually looking better than virgil at times. If only we could have centre halves that didn't get injured!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I found myself thinking “wow Hendo’s having a wow of a match, and how good has he been for us this year” ...watching him today and recently!!
He's been really really good. Always felt that he was undervalued, but anyone who had their doubts surely they would've gone by now. When Fabinho got injured we all worried, but Hendo stepped in and really stepped up. Incredible by the captain. He's been the mainstay of this squad and for good reason.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
MINAMINO DEBUT HYPE!

Will be interesting to see where he plays and who plays, hopefully Elliott and Jones get a start.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
MINAMINO DEBUT HYPE!

Will be interesting to see where he plays and who plays, hopefully Elliott and Jones get a start.
Can see us resting A LOT of players. Allison, Robbo, Trent, VVD, firmino, Salah I'd like to see hendo rested too if I'm honest

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can see us resting A LOT of players. Allison, Robbo, Trent, VVD, firmino, Salah I'd like to see hendo rested too if I'm honest
Yh Klopp will probably do that. Bit worried about central defence though, would be good if one of Matip or Lovren were fit so we didn't have to play with two inexperienced defenders.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh Klopp will probably do that. Bit worried about central defence though, would be good if one of Matip or Lovren were fit so we didn't have to play with two inexperienced defenders.
. Imagine nat Phillips and Gomez at centre of defence so that isn't too bad. Would prefer Gomez was being rested also. Can't afford an injury there. Milner out left.

Midfield will be interesting. Hendo, Jones and Lallana. Think they'll do alright. Just can't have an injury to hendo!

Imagine Elliot will play out on right? Decent lineup, just hope Gomez and Hendo stay injury free ....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
. Imagine nat Phillips and Gomez at centre of defence so that isn't too bad. Would prefer Gomez was being rested also. Can't afford an injury there. Milner out left.

Midfield will be interesting. Hendo, Jones and Lallana. Think they'll do alright. Just can't have an injury to hendo!

Imagine Elliot will play out on right? Decent lineup, just hope Gomez and Hendo stay injury free ....
Yh it might be good to play Gomez as we have pretty much a week until next game and he can spend some time as the senior player in the backline.

I'm thinking..

Brewster
Origi, Minamino, Elliott
Milner, Lallana
Larouci, Phillips, Gomez, Williams
Adrian

Thinking Brewster will get a start even though Jones is more deserving...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh it might be good to play Gomez as we have pretty much a week until next game and he can spend some time as the senior player in the backline.

I'm thinking..

Brewster
Origi, Minamino, Elliott
Milner, Lallana
Larouci, Phillips, Gomez, Williams
Adrian

Thinking Brewster will get a start even though Jones is more deserving...
He'll play one of Gomez or VVD. Even tho Gomez more likely to get injured Virgil needs a rest.

Think Brewster just came back from injury so not sure if he'll start? Decent call tho. That midfield would worry me but feel we'll still beat them