Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's a great pic! How did he go in the game though?
Only got to watch the first half and some highlights, will probably watch the rest tonight if the footy is boring. He didn't look great but he wasn't bad, you don't really get the sense of nervousness like you did with the Karius and Mignolet so that's a positive.

Him getting a massive reception last game and making the winning save in the PS would've been massive for his confidence and the supporters confidence in him, really good start for him considering he only signed about a week ago and was basically no chance of playing right now lol.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Liverpool gk being penalty shootout heroes and Istanbul, name a more iconic duo.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another European trophy in the cabinet. We weren’t great but the fact that Adrian’s save won us the super cup will give him and his teammates confidence.
Ox is far from ready and it showed in the 1st half. Matip was average also.
It wasn’t one of our better performances but we prevailed.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll bite:

Why are there so many fucking trophies in soccer?

I get the Premier League, the Champions League and the FA Cup... but past that, as a casual observer, there are some pretty random prizes up for grabs. Isn't this like the winner of the NRL taking on the QLD Cup Champs?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More major trophies than ManUre now!

Queue the ManUre trolls to come and say “but but we’ve won more when you include the community shield”

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Adrian in doubt for the Soton game with an ankle injury he picked up from a fan that ran onto the field and celebrated with them. Apparently the fan slipped and kicked him LOL.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like he slipped, be disappointed for Adrian if he missed games when Allison is out
Looks like it hurt too
It's okay we have Milner

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tell me. How many replacements are allowed in the community shield?
I’m just showing you that the fixture is a competitive match as recognised by the fa and uefa
And the super cup is not a major trophy by uefa
That is all...
I can’t change those facts
Have a good day

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m just showing you that the fixture is a competitive match as recognised by the fa and uefa
And the super cup is not a major trophy by uefa
That is all...
I can’t change those facts
Have a good day
That’s cool.

Super Cup >>Community shield

The article you’ve quoted says it’s not one of Europe’s “major competitions”, whilst recognising it a a european “honour”. Which is true, it’s not the CL or Europa league!

The community shield is a competitive fixture, but played under rules where coaches can use 6 replacements. So its standing is as an honour is compromised in comparison to anything else. ManC last year we’re lauded for winning the treble...not the quadruple.

Anyhoo, I’m sure we could go on and on! Enjoy the new season...hopefully not too much ;) Cheers!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Legit can't even execute basic passes yet some how we're ahead