Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're implying that if another striker was playing instead of Messi that he wouldn't score goals. Suarez scored one today too. I'm not arguing that Messi is a huge part of Barca's success, but so are the other 10 players in the team.
No I’m not implying that others won’t score. What I’m saying is he lifts Barcelonas as a team with his quality. Whether it’s his dribbling and running at defenders, his distribution, his positioning, his free kicks, his finishing.... its world class. Messi wins matches and he is the difference .

Take him out of that Barca team and they lose much of their guile and attacking potency.
Better still, if Liverpool had Messi today who wins?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No I’m not implying that others won’t score. What I’m saying is he lifts Barcelonas as a team with his quality. Whether it’s his dribbling and running at defenders, his distribution, his positioning, his free kicks, his finishing.... its world class. Messi wins matches and he is the difference .

Take him out of that Barca team and they lose much of their guile and attacking potency.
Better still, if Liverpool had Messi today who wins?
That's hard to say really. I know Messi has a lot of great qualities but do Liverpool have the same quality midfielders who can give Messi these opportunities? Remember in the 2010 World Cup, Spain won because the likes of Xavi and Iniesta were available to push their strikers forward. That same World Cup, Argentina who had Messi didn't do much.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's hard to say really. I know Messi has a lot of great qualities but do Liverpool have the same quality midfielders who can give Messi these opportunities? Remember in the 2010 World Cup, Spain won because the likes of Xavi and Iniesta were available to push their strikers forward. That same World Cup, Argentina who had Messi didn't do much.
Not sure if you watched the game today but Messi wasnt given any quality ball.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck what a result!

What happens when you don’t take your chances.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need a clinical striker to rotate with our current front 3.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck me....Salah carried off on a stretcher. This is a cruel season for us...not to mention it’s 2-2 and that leaves us with Mane and Sturridge up front

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck I feel sick yet somehow we got the win lol

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Phew. That’s was close.
We’ve forgotten how to to lose in the Premier league and that’s why we bagged those 3 points. It wasn’t pretty but sometimes these grinding wins give you the energy and will to continue .
We’ve at least taken the title race to the final day.
If Leicester play with the same conviction Newcastle did today, they will trouble Man City.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No matter what the title will be on the line the last day of the season. If we beat Wolves then Man City will need to win their last 2 games.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I struggled with my emotions this morning, no better drama than a soccer match

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We deserved to lose because of our conservative team selections.
Sorry to go back to this but ...

We had 3 clear cut goal scoring opportunities. More than any other team in cl had got against Barca. We lost a key player in the first 20, our star striker was injured.

Honestly think we were the better team in many ways, tho obviously the result doesn't show that. People point finger at mo and his miss but I'd say Milners was bigger.

Call me crazy but ... I think we'll go through

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I struggled with my emotions this morning, no better drama than a soccer match
Great win by the boys. True mark of where we we're at and how far we've come. What a team

Strongly believe leister will get a result Monday.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great win by the boys. True mark of where we we're at and how far we've come. What a team

Strongly believe leister will get a result Monday.
Tomorrow morning is it, c'mon Leicester! I'm taking the day off work just to watch it

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time to forget about champions league fellas, and throw all your eggs in the premier league games and hope city drop points
Bit quiet from you since that heroic draw against the mighty Huddersfield