Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Henderson is a really good player. We lost the league last year because he missed the final 3 games. Have you seen how much the Man Ure players get paid? He certainly is worth 100k a week compared to what others are getting.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Henderson is a really good player. We lost the league last year because he missed the final 3 games. Have you seen how much the Man Ure players get paid? He certainly is worth 100k a week compared to what others are getting.
Any particular players you're talking about? Any figures to go with it? Besides our top players who have earned it because of their performances throughout their career

Yes, whilst some of the others are on somewhat ridiculous wages, you seem to be forgetting that they're Premier League winners who before last season have never finished outside of the Top 4 so their contracts would be justifiable

Here's one for you, Herrera is on roughly £50,000 a week, went to Anfield and outclassed Henderson

As is Carrick who is on roughly £80,000 and a very valuable part of our team, he has the Premier League medals and a Champions League medal to go with it

So tell me, what has Henderson done to deserve a £100,000 per week contract? What has made him so valuable? You point out to last season, but wasn't that on the back of Suarez carrying the team? Rodgers looks tactically inept since Suarez joined Barcelona

That's 3 years now in charge where Rodgers has failed to guide Liverpool to any piece of silverware, it's no coincidence..

Thumb me down if you want, but that's my honest opinion on Henderson who has held your club to ransom to get himself a better deal

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Forgot to add, if Liverpool give Henderson the £100,000 per week contract he desires then how much is Sterling worth?

Sterling has been asking for a £100,000 per week contract upgrade but Liverpool rightly haven't caved into the pressure of letting such a young player hold the club to ransom

If Henderson gets his contract, surely Sterling (advised by his agent) would want a much better paycheck?

That's the point I'm making, if the club bends over for one player, what's going to stop other players from trying to hold the club to ransom over future contracts

I commend Liverpool for their stance on Sterling, young player with ability who no doubt has a very bright future ahead of him but he's asking for a lot of money when he's still yet to perform consistently

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ashley Young= 118k
Darren Fletcher= 70k
Tom Cleverley= 70k
Luke Shaw= 80k

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Arsenal are doing what Liverpool are doing now and they were trophy less for 9 years.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Ashley Young= 118k
Darren Fletcher= 70k
Tom Cleverley= 70k
Luke Shaw= 80k
Ashley Young - is no doubt on a bigger paycheck than he should be on, signed on the back of his performances for Aston Villa but he is a Premier League winner and under LvG this season has started to show some real promise and he's actually in the process of contract renewal where he's happy to take a pay cut to stay at the club

Darren Fletcher - not sure why he's on the list, have you not seen him play before he suffered his illness? He was as vital as Carrick to the teams success until illness struck and spent a season or two on the touchline

Tom Cleverley - he's actually on closer to £40,000 per week so I'm not sure where you got the £70,000 figure from but he's still a Premier League winner and he did outplay Henderson and Gerrard on the weekend at Wembley so...

Luke Shaw - he's one of the players I mentioned who is on a bigger contract than he should be on, but the wages he's on also helped us sign him from Southampton when we had to battle Chelsea for his signature, but that's the price you pay for somebody who could easily become your club's leftback for the next 10 years and we'll only be able to judge whether or not he's worth the cash in a few years time

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Arsenal are doing what Liverpool are doing now and they were trophy less for 9 years.
Wait, I don't quite understand what you're trying to point out with this post

Are you trying to suggest they went 9 years trophy less because of player wages?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Henderson is better than all these guys by a lot. He's also our captain.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Big clubs have to pay big wages.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wait, I don't quite understand what you're trying to point out with this post

Are you trying to suggest they went 9 years trophy less because of player wages?
Yes. They lost how many players because they wouldn't pay them?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Are you serious?

Henderson got outdone by Herrera/Carrick @ Anfield, Cazorla/Coquelin @ Emirates and Delph/Cleverley @ Wembley

Suarez carried your side last season, he made Henderson look a lot better than he really is and Suarez also made Rodgers look like a genius

I did say in my original post that Henderson is still improving, but he's no way worth more than Carrick who has proven over the course of several season not on the back of one season

Terry took a pay cut to sign a new deal at Chelsea, he backed it up this season with strong performances which earned him a new deal worth a lot more

Make Henderson earn his contract, if he really wanted to stay at Liverpool then he would have signed the initial £80,000 contract

No player should be bigger than the club

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Yes. They lost how many players because they wouldn't pay them?
Who left Arsenal because the club wouldn't pay them?

I can only think of Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy and Samir Nasri

Out of the three of them, Ashley Cole is the only one who was a consistent performer for his new club

Is Samir Nasri really worth £160,000 a week?

Is Gael Clichy really worth £90,000 - £100,000+ a week?

You need to remember that during the earlier period of Arsenal's dry spell, they were paying off building a new stadium so cash would've been thin

Big clubs have to pay big wages.
Not really..

Paul Pogba - £23,000 (previous Juventus contract) / £85,000 (new Juventus contract)

Marco Reus - £75,000 (previous BVB contract) / £140,000 (new BVB contract)

Robert Lewandowski - £20,000 (previous BVB contract) / £60,000 (new BVB contract) - £130,000+ ( current Bayern Munich contract)

See, these players weren't one season wonders but instead backed up their performances consistently to earn themselves a new deal

A player is only worth as much as the club is willing to pay

Last edited by a moderator:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Are you serious?

Henderson got outdone by Herrera/Carrick @ Anfield, Cazorla/Coquelin @ Emirates and Delph/Cleverley @ Wembley

Suarez carried your side last season, he made Henderson look a lot better than he really is and Suarez also made Rodgers look like a genius

I did say in my original post that Henderson is still improving, but he's no way worth more than Carrick who has proven over the course of several season not on the back of one season

Terry took a pay cut to sign a new deal at Chelsea, he backed it up this season with strong performances which earned him a new deal worth a lot more

Make Henderson earn his contract, if he really wanted to stay at Liverpool then he would have signed the initial £80,000 contract

No player should be bigger than the club
Henderson was played out of position against Man Ure and Arsenal.

Terry took a pay cut because he had to now.How much was he earning at his peak?

Henderson isn't bigger than the club. Over 96% of the fans are happy to have him for 100k a week.

What team do you support?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
RVP, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, Cole and Fabregas. They are worth what clubs are willing to pay.

Don't compare Italian and German clubs to EPL and Spanish clubs when it comes to wages.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Henderson was played out of position against Man Ure and Arsenal.

Terry took a pay cut because he had to now.How much was he earning at his peak?

Henderson isn't bigger than the club. Over 96% of the fans are happy to have him for 100k a week.

What team do you support?
United through-and-through but I'm not bias when it comes to discussing football, quite enjoy a good argument

What position was Henderson playing in against Man United and Arsenal? Pretty sure he was playing in the midfield

Can't pull a figure on how much Terry would have been earning at his peak but he earned whatever he got paid because he was and still is one of the best defenders to have ever played in the Premier League

Which reminds me, Henderson is already 24 and still hasn't set the world alight to stand out from the rest of the pack to suggest he's worth big bucks

Henderson's entering the period where a player should be entering their peak, has shown glimpses but nothing to excite any other clubs to start bidding for his services if he's as good as you reckon he is

Bluewhiteangel said it best, there's heaps of players out there like Henderson

RVP, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, Cole and Fabregas. They are worth what clubs are willing to pay.

Don't compare Italian and German clubs to EPL and Spanish clubs when it comes to wages.
Didn't Fabregas leave to join his boyhood club of Barcelona? Pretty certain Fabregas didn't leave to chase the money or because Arsenal didn't offer him what he wanted

RvP stuck around for how long during the dry spell? He finally left because he wanted to win trophies, Man City offered him a lot more in wages but he knocked them back

You can't really say Arsenal went trophy less purely because of player wages, what about Wenger and tactics?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Anyways, been great chatting football but I'm off to bed

At the end of the day, it's our opinion whether or not Henderson is worth £100,000/week

G'night, have a good one

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol a Man Ure supporter is always biased against our club just like I would about your club. Man Ure supporters whole lives are based around trying to put Liverpool down instead of enjoying their success.

Yes you can't win when you keep selling your best players.

You have a good one also.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Geez, Liverpool are going to struggle to attract players like Lambert & Lallana without Champions League football next season.. :rolleyes:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We will struggle to sign players unless we get a coach who can attract players. That coach is Jurgen Klopp. bring him in and let him build a strong team. Rodgers , apart from making terrible signings is tactically inept and his excuses lately have become unbearable .
I once supported him but we are going backward. An opportunity is there for us to sign Klopp who will not only attract players but is a gun of a coach and very switched on tactically.