Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
So every time I thumb you guys down or even swear at yous you're going to report me to the mods to try and get me banned?

No wonder other fans hate yous and have no respect for you. Always the victim

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well I'm starting to worry about the Arsenal / Chelsea fans in here and the real possibility of him jumping on their bandwagon very soon. LVG is not giving Osman/Ozil any joy at the moment.
Why you worried about us Gunners on here? We are all humble and don't talk shit.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Why you worried about us Gunners on here? We are all humble and don't talk shit.
You didn't get what he means Assassin.

Great game for Liverpool! Sterling missed an absolute sitter, but great goal from him earlier as well as Moreno's goal!!!!

Balotelli very unlucky to get his goal but very happy with his performance today.

Let's see if we can put another in!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You didn't get what he means Assassin.

Great game for Liverpool! Sterling missed an absolute sitter, but great goal from him earlier as well as Moreno's goal!!!!

Balotelli very unlucky to get his goal but very happy with his performance today.

Let's see if we can put another in!!
Got a feeling Balotelli will fit in well.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Got a feeling Balotelli will fit in well.
PS Thanks for raping Spurs for us lol
Balotelli will definitely fit in well.. you can already see his complete makeover in attitude. Tracking back and defending, his workrates were enormous today and deserved to get a goal. I think he really knows that LFC is his last chance.

I'm pretty sure everyone wanted Spurs raped. Talks about "in-form team of the comp" and "title contenders" made me laugh. We gave them the wake up call everyone wanted to see :grinning:

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Rodgers on Balotelli:

Rodgers was certainly happy with his new recruit’s performance before his withdrawal after an hour.

“I thought the two boys up front with Raheem in behind worked really well,” Rodgers said. “He was very good. I think you all saw Mario’s workrate, pressing and effort out there today. He was disappointed not to score.

“He’s a good guy and a good man. If you take away the circus around him, control the background noise and get him to solely focus on football, you can see his quality.

“It’s the first time ever he’s marked at a corner. I’m being serious - an international player. We were working on corners in training and he said ‘I’ve not marked at a corner before’. I said ‘you do now’. You need to treat him as an adult.”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So every time I thumb you guys down or even swear at yous you're going to report me to the mods to try and get me banned?

No wonder other fans hate yous and have no respect for you. Always the victim
This comment has been noted, and discussion between moderators pending.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We bounced back very well from the Man city loss. Balotelli to open his scoring account next match

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did that post get reported?
why don't you report to the mods your blatant trolling and thumbing down. Look at how many thumb downs you've given me and others. No wonder they reciprocate by thumbing you down.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
We bounced back very well from the Man city loss. Balotelli to open his scoring account next match
Damn straight we did, especially Moreno, he had a blinder! Hopefully he does, it'll do wonders for his confidence and maybe get him on a roll..

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Damn straight we did, especially Moreno, he had a blinder! Hopefully he does, it'll do wonders for his confidence and maybe get him on a roll..
What a goal by Moreno by the way...spurs sat off him though and some1 should of really went too him...but great finish and run...robbed Townsend hard!
Balotelli was good too...missed some good chances... any other day he probably scores a hatrick...
i hate u scousers...but at least u put spurs back in their place so they realise they are nothing but a mid table team...not championsleague worthy

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
why don't you report to the mods your blatant trolling and thumbing down. Look at how many thumb downs you've given me and others. No wonder they reciprocate by thumbing you down.
We are currently looking into a few options, including possible banning of users from certain thread/subforums if this behaviour continues.

If you keeped getting thumbed down and you feel it is unnecessary, then advise mods as well.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I wasn't trolling, I didnt do or post anything before you started by mentioning me in your post by baiting me with your mate doggiesutd insulting me and then I posted this to defend myself.

**** OFF! Im not a Man Utd fan. I don't know who the cheeky mod is that is changing my custom title and I cant change it which sucks...
And then your fellow friends and doggiesutd started to respond by abusing me for no apparent reason then I responded then you guys didnt like my posts and reported it to the mods which I now copping it for no reason.

I havent abused or mocked you lot but dont worry its ok, you guys get a free pass to abuse and insult me all you like with the mods allowing it.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
*** THIS PAGE IS CLOSED UNTIL I'M SATISFIED THIS POST HAS BEEN READ ***

I've been a user here for close to 6 years.
I've been a mod off-and-on for close to 4 years.
This thread pre-dates my arrival.

THIS one thread, is the single biggest cause of ongoing work in the entire forum.
It generates reports 10x greater than any other.

Every time a mod gets a report, it is 'required' to be read. Action may or may not be taken afterwards, but listen to me when I say this ... EVERY report gets read and once you make one, it's available to ALL mods. Before making any determination, we take multiple factors into account. Context of post, previous behaviour history, the likelyhood of creating a flame-war if it's allowed to continue ... etc, etc, etc.

Over the course of the last 2 years, we've noted an escalation in reports from this ONE thread, largely due to the actions of ONE user.

I don not speak for all mods when I say this, but personally I'm so f*cking fed-up with seeing reported posts, if I had my way I'd close the thread forever.

But ... clearly, that's not an outcome the majority of sane users want, and you could make the argument it'll create more work in the long run.

So let's look at our options ...

(a) Ban/infract/punish the user : A quick look at the users last 100 posts dating back one month shows only 5% related to this thread. One one hand, there are warnings that can be issued for content within, but given the lax nature of policing swear-filters, infractions seem an overkill. On the other hand, this idea that the user in question is a constant troll is not accurate. The reality is, they just seem to be when it comes to this ONE thread.

(b) Close the thread : This is a last-choice option. We have other similar threads for other teams. It we close this, it stands to reason it'll just get re-opened later on by someone "new", and we can't argue that closing ALL football teams super-threads is justifiable given issues only seem to occur in one out of many similar threads. A grossly unfair option we're not willing to take. (For the record, I support Nottingham Forest, so now allegiances exist here protecting any one club's thread)

Which leaves just one final option ...

(c) ONGOING MONITORING : Given the user in questions recent history and their 'change of spots', so to speak ...

- The user in question will be instructed NEVER to visit the thread again. Given their recent decisions and the nature of ongoing reports, "zero tolerance" now applies and they are simply not welcome in it.

- The user in question will also be instructed that any breach of this rule will result in an immediate one-week ban, over and beyond the normal infractions process. Politeness is no excuse. Intentions are irrelevant. The equation has been reduced to it's simplest elements ... STAY THE F*CK OUT ... FOREVER ! .... We can view who is in which thread at any given time. If this users name appears in the visitors list, "BAM !", insta-ban on the grounds they are an ignorant douche who can't listen to simply instructions.

- A requirement will be placed on all active fans in this thread to take ownership of it moving forward ... DO NOT mention the user in questions name, or post anything that will potentially result in them making a response. If you never mention them again, and pretend they vanished, they can't come running in here to defend themselves from any perceived attack, because it simply wont exist. If you see the user in question in here again, REPORT "IT" and nothing else !

In summary .... IT ENDS TODAY, GENTLEMEN !!!

If we chose to, we could wipe out 75% of mods ongoing workload with a few quick clicks of a mouse. Time spent on issues like this means less time enjoying LOL's, talking about the Bulldogs and interacting with the dozens of funny bastards that frequent here. It erodes your ability to 'enjoy' the forum, and why ? ... Because a couple of idiots can't control their impulses.

At the end of the day, we don't care about your thread, and we could certainly do without the ongoing work.

But contrary to popular belief, we ARE more-than-reasonable people. It stands to reason if other football teams fans get to have a super-thread, so should this team, and the actions of a few unhinged loose cannons shouldn't result in the wholesale closure of it.

PS : Thumb this post (any colour, I don't care), and when the count gets to 12, I'll re-open this thread.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
TO CELEBRATE THE RE OPENING OF THIS THREAD HERE IS A VIDEO FROM UNITED FANS

[video=youtube;ObsLV-eDN8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObsLV-eDN8M[/video]