Cotric

Wingers
okenbor
Reimis
Crichton
DWZ

Fullback
meaney

Some of those players can slot into other roles. i think RFM will be a good prop and the wingers and FB can interchange.

But my analysis shows that we are severely lacking:

A backup centre (losing Holland,lafai,montoya,harper and only gaining cotric)

I just think we bring up schoupp here now that Hollands retired, he had so much buzz around him as the best teenage centre in the game, so i dont understand why we havent used him as hes 19 and 20 next year. Will be cheap cheap.

I also see the need to for a genuine premium prop. I wanted Pangai, but looks like he is staying, but we need an enforcer as critically as we need a hooker. Even if we get one, i think we will still need RFM and toomaga to fill in. perhaps we can coax another team to relieve salary cap pressure this way.

Now we at 25.

We know we need a hooker, no brainer.

2 spots left.

how are we playing it kennel?
Theres doorey, but it seems we have a glut of back up back rowers and this is a problem, even though we were hit this year with injuries and sex offences and needed every single one, the numbers are ok but balance simply isnt right to go one more rookie. we have one too many depth players i think when we need a marquee. As it stands, we only have one-Elliott. We need 2. But this will mean offloading a britt or someone for a marquee.

Theres also a need for another good half, especially with our blake green issues.

but then we have this albert Hoppa and staines talk and shit gets real.

The other thing i notice is we have one too many wingers. Averillo and meaney could also be classified wings. What a stupid idea it was to sign crichton for THREE years? Signing staines wouldnt be an issue if he werent there.
And here we have ppl trying to go for JAC !

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need points . I’d lean toward Alex Johnson in a backline with Cotric , Hoppa and Okenbor....with Meany at fullback there’s points there.
I reckon a Benji for 12months to mentor the halves.
so AJ and Benji for the 2 additional spots for mine.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Will that not leave it shiort in the certres and forwards?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
worth its own thread.

ok, squad of 28 next season.

23 on the books.

Props:
Ogden
Napa
Thompson (?)

Back rowers
Renouf
Britt
stimson
Jackson
RFM
Chris smith
Elliott

Hookers
Katoa
jmk

Halves
green
lewis
Wakeman
Averillo

Centre three quarters
Hoppa
Cotric

Wingers
okenbor
Reimis
Crichton
DWZ

Fullback
meaney

Some of those players can slot into other roles. i think RFM will be a good prop and the wingers and FB can interchange.

But my analysis shows that we are severely lacking:

A backup centre (losing Holland,lafai,montoya,harper and only gaining cotric)

I just think we bring up schoupp here now that Hollands retired, he had so much buzz around him as the best teenage centre in the game, so i dont understand why we havent used him as hes 19 and 20 next year. Will be cheap cheap.

I also see the need to for a genuine premium prop. I wanted Pangai, but looks like he is staying, but we need an enforcer as critically as we need a hooker. Even if we get one, i think we will still need RFM and toomaga to fill in. perhaps we can coax another team to relieve salary cap pressure this way.

Now we at 25.

We know we need a hooker, no brainer.

2 spots left.

how are we playing it kennel?
Theres doorey, but it seems we have a glut of back up back rowers and this is a problem, even though we were hit this year with injuries and sex offences and needed every single one, the numbers are ok but balance simply isnt right to go one more rookie. we have one too many depth players i think when we need a marquee. As it stands, we only have one-Elliott. We need 2. But this will mean offloading a britt or someone for a marquee.

Theres also a need for another good half, especially with our blake green issues.

but then we have this albert Hoppa and staines talk and shit gets real.

The other thing i notice is we have one too many wingers. Averillo and meaney could also be classified wings. What a stupid idea it was to sign crichton for THREE years? Signing staines wouldnt be an issue if he werent there.
And here we have ppl trying to go for JAC !
"I just think we bring up schoupp here now that Hollands retired, he had so much buzz around him as the best teenage centre in the game, so i dont understand why we havent used him as hes 19 and 20 next year."

For the fiftieth time, we CANNOT play Schoupp because he is not in our top 30 nor is he a development player. For him to play would mean that we had to have had several injuries in his position. Then we would have to go to the NRL & say we want to play him & they would come back & say why don't you play Doorey in the centres or some crap like that (which they have said to other clubs before). Then if the NRL actually agree to let him play, we get a salary cap fine for playing someone outside our squad.

It's a dumb system, but it's the one that everybody has agreed to if not reluctantly.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
"I just think we bring up schoupp here now that Hollands retired, he had so much buzz around him as the best teenage centre in the game, so i dont understand why we havent used him as hes 19 and 20 next year."

For the fiftieth time, we CANNOT play Schoupp because he is not in our top 30 nor is he a development player. For him to play would mean that we had to have had several injuries in his position. Then we would have to go to the NRL & say we want to play him & they would come back & say why don't you play Doorey in the centres or some crap like that (which they have said to other clubs before). Then if the NRL actually agree to let him play, we get a salary cap fine for playing someone outside our squad.

It's a dumb system, but it's the one that everybody has agreed to if not reluctantly.
What contract is he on!? Thought he was the same as Doorey.
Cousins they have just elevated him into the thirty once Harper and CHN went off as opposed to getting Lafai, who's limited to say the least ?

Also, it should still be ok for next year to elevate him regardless. Dogs could elevate you and I if they wanted. Which they probably will think about knowing them

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What contract is he on!? Thought he was the same as Doorey.
Cousins they have just elevated him into the thirty once Harper and CHN went off as opposed to getting Lafai, who's limited to say the least ?

Also, it should still be ok for next year to elevate him regardless. Dogs could elevate you and I if they wanted. Which they probably will think about knowing them

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
TOP 30 SQUAD: Jake Averillo, Dean Britt, Jack Cogger, Christian Crichton, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Morgan Harper, Kerrod Holland, Will Hopoate, Josh Jackson, Sione Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Marcelo Montoya, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Chris Smith, Reimis Smith, Joe Stimson, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Renouf To'omaga, Brandon Wakeham, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 3 (Okunbor, Lafai, Thompson) but minus Harper

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD: Matthew Doorey, Tyrone Harding, Tuipulotu Katoa, James Roumanos, Sebastian Winters-Chang.

From what I have found there is 29 + dev players

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
TOP 30 SQUAD: Jake Averillo, Dean Britt, Jack Cogger, Christian Crichton, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Morgan Harper, Kerrod Holland, Will Hopoate, Josh Jackson, Sione Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Marcelo Montoya, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Chris Smith, Reimis Smith, Joe Stimson, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Renouf To'omaga, Brandon Wakeham, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 3 (Okunbor, Lafai, Thompson) but minus Harper

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD: Matthew Doorey, Tyrone Harding, Tuipulotu Katoa, James Roumanos, Sebastian Winters-Chang.

From what I have found there is 29 + dev players
But what you saying boi

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That list hasn't been updated. I do believe they pushed Doorey up into the top 30 for the remainder of the season.

Jackson Topine and Aaron Schoupp are in the bubble training so likely that they are on development deals for at least remainder of 2020.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need a front rower who is a leader.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Toomaga is a prop. RFM shouldn't be in the 2nd row

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
That list hasn't been updated. I do believe they pushed Doorey up into the top 30 for the remainder of the season.

Jackson Topine and Aaron Schoupp are in the bubble training so likely that they are on development deals for at least remainder of 2020.
We are blessed to have Jackson Topine and Aaron Schouup they are going to fuck ***** up