Opinion The Kick was in!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Embarrassing conversion gaffe sees Adam Keighran 'missed' conversion stand

There was an embarrassing gaffe during Thursday night's NRL clash between the Canberra Raiders and Sydney Roosters with an Adam Keighran conversion seemingly wrongfully awarded.

In the first half touch judges behind the goal posts stuck up their flags to signal a successful conversion by Keighran which levelled scores at 12-12 following an Angus Crichton try for the Roosters.

However at half-time league legend and accomplished goalkicker, Andrew Johns, was stunned the questionable conversion attempt was awarded.

"It misses," Johns said on Nine's half-time show.

"Either I'm cross-eyed... it misses. I'm not cross-eyed am I?"Kick.jpg

With his left foot, botting it from the left sideline, Keighran's attempt sailed from right to left before fading hard as it neared the left upright. From the view behind the Roosters star, the ball appeared to miss, but from behind the goal, the vision was less conclusive.

Keighran had a very strong game for the Roosters, with a hat-trick to add to two penalty goals and two conversions before he was relieved of his kicking duties in the second half by Siosiua Taukeiaho.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched the video & took a screenshot from their footage. I've been critical many times of the officials & I hate the Roosters, but they got this one correct.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how the fuck in this day and age can they not know if the ball went through the posts or outside the posts.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a goal. Only getting attention because people think anything Joey says must be gospel.....

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's a single frame where you can very clearly see the post obscures the ball, especially a black band of marking on it. I don't blame Johns for thinking it missed because of how much it swung, but it did just creep inside.