The Kennels Choice - Second Choice Goalkicker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

£©

Taxed By £©
Reaction score
El Masri's walking up the tunnel. It doesn't seem to be a serious injury, but they'll keep him off for the rest of the game as precaution. Who will take his place as the goalkicker?

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri (DVC) (GK1)
3. Andrew Emelio
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Corey Hughes
10. Willie Mason (VC)
11. Sonny-Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan (C)
13. Reni Maitua
-------------
INTERCHANGE
-------------
14. Chris Armit
15. Ben Roberts
16. Jarrad Hickey
17. Nick Kouparitsas

18th Man. Lee Te Maari

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
I think Roberts if he is playing but if not, then Sherwin

D

DJ ALMO

Holdsworth is a great goalkicker better then roberts and sherwin imo.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sherwin is a freak of a kicker. I think he would have been preferred in 1st grade had he been a regular.

Roberts is also a class player. There is something about left foot kickers that just seems so pure and fluent. Havent seen to much of DJ kick but i remeber him hooking the crap out of 1. Dj has a long kick on him.

Anything with in the 25 meter line I would go with haz. 30+ meters I would go with Dj. Hazem has a tendancy to miss long kicks right infront. I think he tries to kick it too hard or something and it swings away.

A

Abz

Shifty! The guy is amazing. I remember a few years ago against manly (a night match mind you) Brent Sherwin stepped upto the plate to kick a goal right on the sideline, so he was a good 39 metres away from the goal posts. He kicked it leather perfect. El Masri was still on the park, but wasn't up for taking that shot for some very mysterious reason. Definately Shifty as backup. Also, in 2005 when El Masri was out for the season after the Broncos friday night game which we won 29-22, everyone thought the kicking would be a problem with us as we didn't choose Jamaal Lolesi for the kicking duties. Sherwin stepped upto the plate and it wasn't a problem :D

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shifty! The guy is amazing. I remember a few years ago against manly (a night match mind you) Brent Sherwin stepped upto the plate to kick a goal right on the sideline, so he was a good 39 metres away from the goal posts. He kicked it leather perfect. El Masri was still on the park, but wasn't up for taking that shot for some very mysterious reason. Definately Shifty as backup. Also, in 2005 when El Masri was out for the season after the Broncos friday night game which we won 29-22, everyone thought the kicking would be a problem with us as we didn't choose Jamaal Lolesi for the kicking duties. Sherwin stepped upto the plate and it wasn't a problem :D
I remeber that game.

Hazem had a cork in his tight. Spewing because he had something like 7 or so kicks in the game.

Sherwin slotted one from the sideline.

T

tallis12

I would pick shifty as back up probably just cause hes shown he can do it.;)

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think shifty is a given to be a backup to El Masri, he kicks alongside him at training all the time and has proven that he can do it in a pressure situation many times before.

Are we going to have a poll for a third choice goalkicker next?

H

harryharris

Didnt Holdsworth do a bit of goal kicking at the Dragons? I'd go for him but hopefully we wont have to worry about this.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
roberts,
sherwin,
holdsworth
and lee te marri

can all kick
so we have a few options here

Status
Not open for further replies.