Official The Katoa cold call which led to a fresh start at Belmore.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really want to believe that we are on the way to that place again. Comeradere and teamwork are the foundations of a good team. Too many egos and it wont work. So we build the platform and then build on that. This is what it appears we are doing to me.
the morale is there... and we saw how the guys were turning up for each other at the back end of the season... I think Dean has done a good job in that regard... you see other teams at the bottom of the table and they don't look like they want to be there.. heck even the Broncos who were playing semi finals were more intent on playing the pokies.. we're still at least a couple of years from being a genuine force, but we're definitely moving forward

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the morale is there... and we saw how the guys were turning up for each other at the back end of the season... I think Dean has done a good job in that regard... you see other teams at the bottom of the table and they don't look like they want to be there.. heck even the Broncos who were playing semi finals were more intent on playing the pokies.. we're still at least a couple of years from being a genuine force, but we're definitely moving forward
Yeah that's exactly right. Once we have restored our culture and values, we will have a very tight knit bunch of guys who have a strong belief in the guy next to them doing their job. From this our confidence will grow, results will begin to favour us, and we will become an attractive brand/team that top players will once more want to play for.
I understand that people want results after so many lean years, but this the way we need to do it. You cant build anything without a solid foundation.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's exactly right. Once we have restored our culture and values, we will have a very tight knit bunch of guys who have a strong belief in the guy next to them doing their job. From this our confidence will grow, results will begin to favour us, and we will become an attractive brand/team that top players will once more want to play for.
I understand that people want results after so many lean years, but this the way we need to do it. You cant build anything without a solid foundation.
that's right.. I'm not saying this because of bias.. but players will see what our guys are doing, and know that it's a place you'd want to play... heck even supporters of other teams were on our bandwagon hard at the end of the season, especially on Reddit... buying one marquee player is nice and all.. but I think we're in a really good position to go to another level... sure the attack needs much improvement, but the way the guys grind teams down, and defend, is just as important, if not more important when it comes to the big games... and we see so many big games and even this year's grand final coming down to defence/ attitude

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that's right.. I'm not saying this because of bias.. but players will see what our guys are doing, and know that it's a place you'd want to play... heck even supporters of other teams were on our bandwagon hard at the end of the season, especially on Reddit... buying one marquee player is nice and all.. but I think we're in a really good position to go to another level... sure the attack needs much improvement, but the way the guys grind teams down, and defend, is just as important, if not more important when it comes to the big games... and we see so many big games and even this year's grand final coming down to defence/ attitude
Were on our way. If you build they will come right?!
For me, a fantastic work environment with slightly less pay, is far better then a job with better pay, but a poor work environment. Especially in a team sport like this.
Imagine you are a coach having to manage all of these off tilt egos, while making them lay well together and perform as a team. Tough gig. But if you create a good environment that they feel happy and secure in, then your job is a whole lot easier.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Were on our way. If you build they will come right?!
For me, a fantastic work environment with slightly less pay, is far better then a job with better pay, but a poor work environment. Especially in a team sport like this.
Imagine you are a coach having to manage all of these off tilt egos, while making them lay well together and perform as a team. Tough gig. But if you create a good environment that they feel happy and secure in, then your job is a whole lot easier.

yep... and despite a few crappy years/ a few dodgy operators, it's still a strong club.. and that's reflected with how a relatively new/young team who were being mauled every time they took the field, predicted to not win a single game, ended up winning just as many games at the back end as some of the top 8 teams.. even beating some of said teams who had much to play for... there is pride in the jersey and that will be the building block for our return to being a finals footy team