The Jeremy Marshall King appreciation thread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol I know you love being different but you are so wrong on this .
What am I wrong about? Explain to me. You’re saying Reed isn’t behind both Harry Grant and Ben Hunt in the awls pecking order? You saying JMK hasn’t been playing better footy this year? Because JMK is on 6 Dally m points from his first three games and will probably earn another 2 or 3 from last night’s effort. He has definitely been better than Reed so far this year.

Reed is a solid player, but will never be top tier, Fam. Not an A+ player.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What am I wrong about? Explain to me. You’re saying Reed isn’t behind both Harry Grant and Ben Hunt in the awls pecking order? You saying JMK hasn’t been playing better footy this year? Because JMK is on 6 Dally m points from his first three games and will probably earn another 2 or 3 from last night’s effort. He has definitely been better than Reed so far this year.

Reed is a solid player, but will never be top tier, Fam. Not an A+ player.
Bring Ben hunt or grant to the dogs they won’t do anything more than reed has. Look at Parra they are struggling without reed, from grandfinal to coming second last on the table.
St.George has also been smashed twice with big scores.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys make out Mahoney is doing much more than he is. He’s only doing what any decent hooker is expected to do.
Which is something JMK couldn’t do for 5 seasons with us.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bring Ben hunt or grant to the dogs they won’t do anything more than reed has. Look at Parra they are struggling without reed, from grandfinal to coming second last on the table.
St.George has also been smashed twice with big scores.
Grant (or Ben Hunt for that matter) would do much more for the Dogs than Reed has. They are both better all round players. All Reed gas going for him is his service and kicking game. His defence isn’t even that good. Sorry, Fam… but Reed is overrated and you’ve bought into the hype.

The Dogs were playing better footy with JMK in the team (once Potter took over). We’ve beaten the Tigers and two teams that had been decimated by injury. Our record makes us look better than we are.

As for Parra, they’ve had a bad start but will get back on track.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Which is something JMK couldn’t do for 5 seasons with us.
I can guarantee if Reed had debuted and played his early footy under Pay and Barrett, he’d be a lot worse.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can guarantee if Reed had debuted and played his early footy under Pay and Barrett, he’d be a lot worse.
I thought we should have kept JMK for his versatility would have been a cheap 14 And backup 9. Shame we didn’t keep him but you can’t honestly say his service from dummy half was the coaches fault for all those years?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Grant (or Ben Hunt for that matter) would do much more for the Dogs than Reed has. They are both better all round players. All Reed gas going for him is his service and kicking game. His defence isn’t even that good. Sorry, Fam… but Reed is overrated and you’ve bought into the hype.

The Dogs were playing better footy with JMK in the team (once Potter took over). We’ve beaten the Tigers and two teams that had been decimated by injury. Our record makes us look better than we are.

As for Parra, they’ve had a bad start but will get back on track.
No comment lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I thought we should have kept JMK for his versatility would have been a cheap 14 And backup 9. Shame we didn’t keep him but you can’t honestly say his service from dummy half was the coaches fault for all those years?
Well, it has certainly improved over the past 9 months or so… so yeah, I can say that. What do you think will happen if a half is moved to hooker and constantly told the wrong things?

Funny how everyone uses our soft forwards as an excuse for Reed, but our forwards were getting dominated when JMK was here too. Still, he managed to present a running threat.

I’d have loved to see JMK stay, but he’s too good for 14. Reed was surplus to requirements. You all complain about Flano…. Well if he’s that bad, we could have used Reed’s money to buy a halfback.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, it has certainly improved over the past 9 months or so… so yeah, I can say that.

Funny how everyone uses our soft forwards as an excuse for Reed, but our forwards were getting dominated when JMK was here too. Still, he managed to present a running threat.
Only took him 5 seasons to pass. Great stuff by a pro athlete.

Reed is playing with a worse pack then JMK had In his Canterbury days due to injury but he’s got us to 3 wins by round 6. It usually took JMK till round 15 to get us 3 wins.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Only took him 5 seasons to pass. Great stuff by a pro athlete.

Reed is playing with a worse pack then JMK had In his Canterbury days due to injury but he’s got us to 3 wins by round 6. It usually took JMK till round 15 to get us 3 wins.
Lol Reed had an absolute shocker last week and almost lost us the game and all of a sudden he “got us to 3 wins”. Reed didn’t get us to three wins. We won the lottery by getting Melbourne at their weakest and beat the winless tigers. The Cowboys win was due to the efforts of Reynolds, Burton, Preston, Waddell and King… not the bloke who missed 10 tackles, made errors and gave away penalties.

Pro athletes need the right coaches to get the best out of them… especially if they are learning new things. If you don’t get this, you don’t get sports.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol Reed had an absolute shocker last week and almost lost us the game and all of a sudden he “got us to 3 wins”. Reed didn’t get us to three wins. We won the lottery by getting Melbourne at their weakest and beat the winless tigers. The Cowboys win was due to the efforts of Reynolds, Burton, Preston, Waddell and King… not the bloke who missed 10 tackles, made errors and gave away penalties.

Pro athletes need the right coaches to get the best out of them… especially if they are learning new things. If you don’t get this, you don’t get sports.
Yeah I’m amazed it took him 6 years to give good service guess Wayne knows how to pass off the ground …

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every week, same old dull boring shit, let’s bait the Bulldogs fans again by the same old @Flanagun Dolphins and @Nasheed Souths fans … yadda yadda yadda ..

Go troll on your own sites ..

Image1680954228.963980.jpg

Last edited:

mandingo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Speak to any parra fan when Reed was playing behind a much better pack and he frustrated them to no end, had good halves in Brown and moses and neither would get the ball when they actually wanted it and would always go the wrong way playing for himself. Never ran when it was needed so all these excuses about it being either the forward packs fault or the halves fault is a myth if anything it helps him look good because je does the odd good thing with the ball with his free rein. Once we have a good pack and some halves he will frustrat all of them and thank God so far teams haven't fully targeted us upthe middle going after this bloke

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
At least we didn't let Cook go for Lichaa this time. That was a fkup.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
At least we didn't let Cook go for Lichaa this time. That was a fkup.
JMK reminds me a lot of Cook.... but Mahoney doesn't remind me much of Lichaa.... Lichaa could tackle.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
2 hours until it's JMK time, baby! Can't wait to watch a real hooker doing what he does best instead of the imposter playing for us at the moment. Is anybody as excited as I am right now?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good on jmk. Knew he’d kill it.
Playing behind a top forward pack helps a lot.