The Jamal to Newcastle Knights Speccy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to a Bulldogs staff member today......asked him what he thought of him staying...his exact response was.... Ï think we're gonna lose him"

doesnt sound good....... :(
If we can keep him great. I am sure we have offered him a very good deal.

But if money is his only vice & doesn't want to stay then you don't want him. Only players who want to bleed blue & white are welcome!

Life will go ahead either way. No player is bigger than the club. I just wish it could be sorted out soon. So all can get on with 2011.

BullWinkle

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ok so here's how JI will be looking at this. Risk Vs Reward
Risk: Joining Knights - worst supporters ever. Samurai swords on sale at Newcastle markets. Under-performing team. Coaching uncertainty. Potential damage to rep by seeming money hungry.
Reward: $$$$$
Risk: Re-signing with Dogs: Less contract $$$$.
Reward: Club KNOWN to develop potential, marketability in extremely popular club, contenders (this year), Greenberg, age - he'd be smart to sign 2 yr deal as his $$$ value will skyrocket when he gets more Origin/Aus jumpers.
TL;DR - He'll re-sign.

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what position the person holds, but definitely not a cleaner ....

Scooby doooo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Idris was staying we would know the second the dogs threw out the offer or very soon after... Idris knows fans will have a feeling of resentment towards him and he knows that so announcing will be a very hard thing for him to do... Tinkler has Bennet on his hit list and he will get him at any cost... Newcastle will rort the salary cap harder than melbourne ever did and will be a force for years to come... Eventually all clubs will be privatised it's only a matter of time.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Titans hope TV deal will lure Idris north

Danny Weidler
April 3, 2011
THE Titans are poised to offer Jamal Idris his own children's television show as part of a million-dollar-plus deal to draw him to the Gold Coast. And should he join the club, its star player, Preston Campbell, has predicted it would help to make him an Australian captain one day. Idris has made no secret of his desire to act and has been associated with the Nine Network over the past 12 months through The Footy Show. The Titans are taking it a step further. ''As part of our desire to get Jamal here we are proposing him as a host for his own television show which we are going to put together,'' Titans boss Michael Searle said. ''Our fan base is dominated by the four-to-18 age bracket and Jamal has enormous appeal in that area. We plan to produce a pilot show for Jamal and aim to get a network involved. A fallback would be to give him an internet television show which we would produce.'' Campbell met Idris two weeks ago and is impressed by the young Bulldog. ''Jamal isn't just a leader for indigenous players, he has the potential to be an Australian captain and I think that he could reach that potential if he was to join the Titans,'' Campbell said. ''The culture of this club and the way the Titans put an emphasis on the community is unlike any other team in the NRL, and Jamal would grow as a person and a player in this environment.'' Campbell indicated he would quit the game at the end of this year but that he would like to remain close to Idris. ''The way I am feeling right now, it's the end of the road for me,'' he said. ''But I wouldn't be lost to the Titans and if Jamal came here I would like to be his mentor. I hope that I could teach him some things and take him under my wing. But I also think that I could learn a lot from him, that's how impressive he is. The work that the Titans have done with my home town has been great and I think that Jamal could do something similar with his home town of Forster.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eal-will-lure-idris-north-20110402-1cscs.html

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Jamal tv show. I dont see it. Jamal Captain of Australia, not ever likely. Why would Jamal leave us to make a goose of himself on tv?

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
If Idris was staying we would know the second the dogs threw out the offer or very soon after... Idris knows fans will have a feeling of resentment towards him and he knows that so announcing will be a very hard thing for him to do... Tinkler has Bennet on his hit list and he will get him at any cost... Newcastle will rort the salary cap harder than melbourne ever did and will be a force for years to come... Eventually all clubs will be privatised it's only a matter of time.
Id be very surprised if any club would be that stupid.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
gggrrrrr I don't like this. Why do they sound so desperate to have him. Is he really worth all this fuss to a club?

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Jamal is worse that a street hooker. If he actually wanted to stay he would have signed as soon as the offer was made. No he's trying to get all the clubs to throw more cash into the hat. He can f*ck off

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
All this speculation is fuct and it will start affecting the team if a decision isn't made promptly. TG needs to give him an ultimatum because the longer this drags on the less likely we are to keep him or find a suitable replacement. The fact we have been looking at other options in case he goes is a little sickening and all this self attention is starting to remind me of someone.... I will be devastated if we lose him. Sign now Jama the dogs are headed for big dynasty.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the fk is is that the daily grind of NRL football not enough for these g units. We seem to cop them all. Mason and his boxing crapola, SBW and his boxing/rugby/mundine ass licking, and now Idris as an actor.

Why is is that non of the white boys don't do this shyt. It's like if you're black or indigenous, you have a special dispensation to be a fk wit, and another set of rules.

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The more this goes on the more I'm Getting turned off him..... The media have over done this kid... his good but he is far from worth this hype.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
let him go, who cares. the club can only offer what it can afford, there are others coming off contract idris isnt the only one the club has to consider.
he will be a loss to the club if he goes, but he is replaceable

P

Paint.

Why the fk is is that the daily grind of NRL football not enough for these g units. We seem to cop them all. Mason and his boxing crapola, SBW and his boxing/rugby/mundine ass licking, and now Idris as an actor.

Why is is that non of the white boys don't do this shyt. It's like if you're black or indigenous, you have a special dispensation to be a fk wit, and another set of rules.
lol @ mason and sbw being black

Status
Not open for further replies.