The Jamal to Newcastle Knights Speccy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
It's simple now, Idris swallowed Roberts money. Goodbye Benny =[
tbh after reading the paper today and KM saying he wants to keep hodko and keating together looks like roberts wont get a start all year and after the way they played on monday i think its justified i feal sorry for roberts but what do u do

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
after mondays performance we cant afford to lose him esp if he plays like that every week he was damn devestating
"if" being the operative word.

if he had played terrible in that 1 game, would you then say "let him go...he's not worth it"? it'd be foolish to say you wanna sign him up after only 1 game - regardless of how he played.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
"if" being the operative word.

if he had played terrible in that 1 game, would you then say "let him go...he's not worth it"? it'd be foolish to say you wanna sign him up after only 1 game - regardless of how he played.
i would still say keep him tbh lol kids look up to him hes good for our club

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Either way mate Roberts was gone, Dogs wanna keep Sezer
yeah but if he was chosen last week anything would of happened. But after Monday night the performance of keating, it's safe to say bye bye Roberts. It's not all bad i guess joining the Titans could be good for him partnering with Scotty Prince.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
would be alot of 3rd parties. he will stay if thats the kind of money we offer.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i hope the dogs re-sign him, but 1.2 mil??? i dont know maybe thats good if you look at it with a marketing view. but its a lot of money when you look at the salary cap...dogs should definetely not get into a bidding war over him. he played with our junior sides so it would be good to keep him long term. I would love to see the club focus this year on retention than recruitment.. Maybe if we loose ryan, hodgson and tandy we mite have enough in the salary cap. And the club needs to act now on kasiano and taupau.. i think it is a must that these two are signed long term.. anyway, please stay jamal..........

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
i hope the dogs re-sign him, but 1.2 mil??? i dont know maybe thats good if you look at it with a marketing view. but its a lot of money when you look at the salary cap...dogs should definetely not get into a bidding war over him. he played with our junior sides so it would be good to keep him long term. I would love to see the club focus this year on retention than recruitment.. Maybe if we loose ryan, hodgson and tandy we mite have enough in the salary cap. And the club needs to act now on kasiano and taupau.. i think it is a must that these two are signed long term.. anyway, please stay jamal..........
retention? we retained turner, Morris, Ennis, Stagg and Barba.

And locked up Hodkinson, Prtichard and Tolman for three years.

Don't know about you but i'm happy !

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
not bagging people but whoever said it must mean roberts, tandy etc gone it doesnt.

we wouldnt have alot under the cap right now but if you think about it paea wont warrant any upgrade to stay which i think he will.

ryan is off contract and if he stays he is excluded from cap mainly due to long service so he would be giving a few hundred under the cap EVEN if he stays. if he goes more.

tandy will most likely go in my opinion another 150-200k.

IF Roberts is let go then all of a sudden we have over 600k under cap, Idris would be on around the 200k mark as is. You can garantee that of the "400k" reported to Idris per year at least 100k is in 3rd party as him and Pritchard will be our marketable players and Pritchard is on 100k of 3rd partys and I highly doubt anyone besides Ennis would on our 3rd party deals.

We would probz still have CLOSE to 500k under the cap if Roberts, Tandy, Hodgson and Ryan(stay or go due to long service) after we upgrade Idris, which is good seeing Barba, Kasiano, Foster, Tauapau etc probz want upgrades and I think we still may need a prop to partner Tolman while Kasiano develops. If he was off the bench for a year or two he would fast become one of the best props going around I feel.

MAL75E

Man Of The Match
Reaction score
not bagging people but whoever said it must mean roberts, tandy etc gone it doesnt.

we wouldnt have alot under the cap right now but if you think about it paea wont warrant any upgrade to stay which i think he will.

ryan is off contract and if he stays he is excluded from cap mainly due to long service so he would be giving a few hundred under the cap EVEN if he stays. if he goes more.

IF Roberts is let go then all of a sudden we have over 600k under cap, Idris would be on around the 200k mark as is. You can garantee that of the "400k" reported to Idris per year at least 100k is in 3rd party as him and Pritchard will be our marketable players and Pritchard is on 100k of 3rd partys and I highly doubt anyone besides Ennis would on our 3rd party deals.

We would probz still have CLOSE to 500k under the cap if Roberts, Tandy, Hodgson and Ryan(stay or go due to long service) after we upgrade Idris, which is good seeing Barba, Kasiano, Foster, Tauapau etc probz want upgrades and I think we still may need a prop to partner Tolman while Kasiano develops. If he was off the bench for a year or two he would fast become one of the best props going around I feel.
foster already resigned in the off season

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

Yeah but also Morris and Ennis new contracts start from next season and they also now on bigger coin

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think $1.2 million is a bit much, but then again, SKD signed a 4yr $1.4 million deal just last week, which equates to $350K per year.
Some of you might think that SKD is a better player, I personally don't.
Also, Idris will make the dogs that extra money in merchandise, and publicity is a big factor.
So, $400K per year doesn't sound that bad then.

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
I honestly hope he stays.

Love wathching him trample the opposition and he lifts the team with big hits!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
WOW that is BIG money if true and if he rejects an offer like that then it would be for the family ties at Foster. We need to lock him up NOW and TG has responded accordingly. He is a future superstar. Same as what SBW was on I believe.

Can anyone provide a link to verify this offer from TG???

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WOW that is BIG money if true and if he rejects an offer like that then it would be for the family ties at Foster. We need to lock him up NOW and TG has responded accordingly. He is a future superstar. Same as what SBW was on I believe.

Can anyone provide a link to verify this offer from TG???
SBW whilst injured a lot...was still a better player than Jamal though...

Idris has yet to win us a game the way SBW did

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW whilst injured a lot...was still a better player than Jamal though...

Idris has yet to win us a game the way SBW did
I do realise that champ he is no SBW and they are different players, I was pointing out the similarities in this proposed offer (still to be verified by link)

I am not debating the difference in the two players, however I will say this. SBW is a dog c unt and Jamal is still realising his full potential

Get over SBW

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.