sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
knights salary cap scandle in 2013 can see the headlines now,

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tinkler's comment about Jamal

What about Jamal Idris. Would you like to see him in Knights colours?

Show me an NRL coach that doesn't want Idris and I will show you a liar.

Courtesy of Fox Sports

I think we underestimate how could Jamal is going to be he may miss tackles that lead to tries and rush up in Defence but he is only 19 and Learning. His athletic abillity and skill is not matched by many if any in the NRL he is still learning the game and he should of been signed before Josh Morris. What Jamal does off the field could be as big as what he will do on it.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%.. his still young and learning new things each day, Yes last year he wasn't that great but was the whole team any good together? 2011 is a new year, a new season and i can see him being a better player.

What he does off the field is really good, he loves the people and fans, this will all count at the end and on the field he will just get better.. What so after one "trial" everyone says his crap? who takes trials seriously? honestly wait until the season starts for us to know what he is really capable of..

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So because some obese rich dude makes s comment it means we should throw the salary cap at jamal? I'd love to keep him but not if it's going to cost us proven players in the long run, we should be able to afford him though I'm sure we could shed abit more deadwood from the nsw cup Halatau is a player that comes to mind

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we underestimate how could Jamal is going to be...
Nobody under-estimates how good Jamal CAN be. At least I'd like to think nobody.

It's about whether or not Jamal WILL actually reach that potential. There have been many players over the years come and go with potential to be the best in the business, but the reality is, not all of them do.

I'd like to think Jamal has a high chance of being one of the rare ones that does reach his full potential, but the question one must ask is whether he is worth throwing so much money at considering the risks?

I'm glad Tinkler has withdrawn his offer, and I hope we can keep Idris for as long as possible with as less an impact on the salary cap as possible.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure Greenberg will do what is best for the club. If he has a strong season on the field he deserves a good deal, the club did pay for his eye surgery so they may have some bargaining power. Tinkler has to understand whether he owns the club or not contracts have to approved by the NRL he cant just throw money like Crowe did at Inglis because it wont be honoured.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Jamal is worth whatever the market will pay him. He is an exceptional athlete and now that he has had his sight fixed he could be one of the top 10 players in the NRL. I would like him to play for the Dogs but realistically if someone offers him 100k more he would be an idiot not to take it (in saying that, I don't know what the comparative offers are). Plenty of teams have paid plenty for big names but Bennett didn't do it for Saints and Sheens hasn't done it for the Tigers. Over the years we have seen the scalp hunter clubs fail. Look at Souths.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone else hearing the rumour of idris being offered big bucks at the eels for next year?

Getting louder and louder now....

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone else hearing the rumour of idris being offered big bucks at the eels for next year?

Getting louder and louder now....
You would have to be on big bucks to consider that rabble. Its like permanent 'night of the long knives' at that joint.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Oh No! I don't like the sounds of it tbh :(

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Might be a silly questions but do the players have PR managers aswell?

Like the big 'stars' have their own individual PR managers or they media trained through their club only?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I heard he was close to resigning with the Dogs!

Either way I'm not worried... He leaks more tries then any other player at the club!

BLEEDING BLUE

Waterboy
Reaction score
The 350k price tag is ridiculous for a 20y.o centre with defensive faults. too much money to throw on potential.. he needs to prove himself first for mine.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't believe he'll leave. In saying that I wouldn't pay him more than $300,000 a year. The Dogs don't have 1 player worth more than that to be honest.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
meh... no big loss tbh

good luck to him i say cause he really needs it

Status
Not open for further replies.