News The heat is on’: Ciraldo’s bold optimism questioned as Bulldogs’ ‘big kill’ theory emerges

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And who would really believe that? Outside of critta the rest are average nrl players
Doesn't matter mate, I'm just saying the most recent pre season and the one before when the coach first started that there have been allot of positive articles about the club and NRL squad. Not just negative buzz bs and that's what gives the fans optimism that the team's going to be competitive.

Gosh how many positive stories were there about the "return of the Prince" on his train and trial deal? Fuck me the media ate that one up hook line and sinker.

During the season we do tend to get hammered and rightly so but leading into a new season I think we get as much positive press as any other team if not more.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But look at what they replaced. Is anyone seriously missing any of the duds that have played here the last few seasons?

We all know the majority of signings are place holders till the kids come through
Yeah you would think that, but some had themselves convinced we are a top eight side with our current roster, and when it they realized that was a pipe dream, the usual pitchforking of Gus, players and coach arcs up. It's nothing if not entertaining. Our first four games are against top eight sides so the dribble will continue until we get win. We are still looking like a 10-12th side IMO and that's an improvement on last year regardless of the hysteria.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The reason why we ended up not buying a big name prop is because there weren't many available. We went for Blake but he chose the Sharks and Flegler was always staying in Qld. Tino was always staying in Qld. The rest were average or young. Like Leniu who I am glad we didn't get.

The same with halves. Dearden and Mam were always styaing in Qld. Dearden just arrived at Cowboys and Mam well Broncos ween't lettutting him go. That left only 1 decent half available Brooks.

Apart from that players like Clifford and Sezer changed clubs who are average and it looks like Sezer has been dropped to the bench for the Tigers.

So there were no top players available so what do we do with all the cap money. We did but Critta and I reckon the other players are handy and fill gaps wer identified from last year in lacking backups and excperience. I reckon Tracy and Curran are top grade players and deserved to be in first grade.

Taaffe is a good signing for the future as hes fairly young. Turpin would have been cheap and will be handy as a backup hooker which we never really had. Xerri was cheap and who would not pickup a young player on the verge of rep footy before he was banned.

That leaves Hutch and Salmon. Yeah maybe we didn't need therm and they are excess. But I am sure Hutch was not dear and he is a great utility especially the issue we have had with halves. I think I would rather Hutch than Sezer or Clifford. Salmon well he's young and will come in handy.

But most only have a 2 year contract so by the time their contracts are up we will be having a few developed locals coming through which I would say is exactly how the rebuild was designed to happen. The utilities in the meantime help the young players develop.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The reason why we ended up not buying a big name prop is because there weren't many available. We went for Blake but he chose the Sharks and Flegler was always staying in Qld. Tino was always staying in Qld. The rest were average or young. Like Leniu who I am glad we didn't get.

The same with halves. Dearden and Mam were always styaing in Qld. Dearden just arrived at Cowboys and Mam well Broncos ween't lettutting him go. That left only 1 decent half available Brooks.

Apart from that players like Clifford and Sezer changed clubs who are average and it looks like Sezer has been dropped to the bench for the Tigers.

So there were no top players available so what do we do with all the cap money. We did but Critta and I reckon the other players are handy and fill gaps wer identified from last year in lacking backups and excperience. I reckon Tracy and Curran are top grade players and deserved to be in first grade.

Taaffe is a good signing for the future as hes fairly young. Turpin would have been cheap and will be handy as a backup hooker which we never really had. Xerri was cheap and who would not pickup a young player on the verge of rep footy before he was banned.

That leaves Hutch and Salmon. Yeah maybe we didn't need therm and they are excess. But I am sure Hutch was not dear and he is a great utility especially the issue we have had with halves. I think I would rather Hutch than Sezer or Clifford. Salmon well he's young and will come in handy.

But most only have a 2 year contract so by the time their contracts are up we will be having a few developed locals coming through which I would say is exactly how the rebuild was designed to happen. The utilities in the meantime help the young players develop.
Yep. Salary cap went up at the wrong time for us. Everybody needs middles, and we would really have to overpay like Souths did for Asotasi to get one that will take that mantle to lead the way and change that forward culture.