The government should pay people to give blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why don't doctor's work for free then. You have no idea. Humanity. Plus the cost would be astronomical, it already costs a fortune to run the organization.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

G

Gladiator.

Honestly who gives a phuck... If I was married and had a family, and I wanna donate MY OWN blood then I'll phucking do that...
who the phuck are you to tell what I can or can't do?

dogslyfe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"" no way "" bad idea.. You dont give money for blood !!! All the junkies will then be giving there polluted blood, thats why they dont pay!!

Chances of contracting hiv and aids will be extremely high...

Blood only lasts for 2weeks.. Hiv is only detected after 3 months of contamination .. Its called a window period...

There is still risks of catching aids during a blood transfusion..

Do your research...

Thats why the government doesnt pay for blood.. Do your research.
This is the most stupid thing I have ever read. Bar none. So OK the Gov pays for blood now, that means they drop all screening processes because of it??? The same high standards of testing the blood and assessment of the givers character will still be there, they will just have more donations to process (and more staff, facilities etc), and more people to turn away (those 'junkies)

Change your name to 'STUPID DOG' without delay.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
"" no way "" bad idea.. You dont give money for blood !!! All the junkies will then be giving there polluted blood, thats why they dont pay!!

Chances of contracting hiv and aids will be extremely high...

Blood only lasts for 2weeks.. Hiv is only detected after 3 months of contamination .. Its called a window period...

There is still risks of catching aids during a blood transfusion..

Do your research...

Thats why the government doesnt pay for blood.. Do your research.
i did some research

http://www.donateblood.com.au/faq#14n73

What is my blood tested for?

After donation, all blood is tested at every donation for blood type, the presence of red cell antibodies and for the following infections: HIV1 & 2, hepatitis B & C, HTLV I & II and syphilis. Some donations are also tested for malaria depending on the donor's answers to the questions on the donor questionnaire.

For more information, click here.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
They won't take mine here, even if I wanted to give it.

Apparently, I'm riddled with Mad Cow Disease based on nationality alone.
Guy at work was talking about this today. When him & his wife came to Australia in the early 80s they gave blood regularly then out of nowhere they just wouldnt accept it for that reason.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy at work was talking about this today. When him & his wife came to Australia in the early 80s they gave blood regularly then out of nowhere they just wouldnt accept it for that reason.
Actually, in my case, I've probably consumed enough ****ty standard gravy and eaten enough low-quality meat pies that I'm a likely candidate should BSE ever strike from tainted beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.