The game that makes or breaks our season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tonight I witnessed something I have not seen or have not seen in a long long time....blatant refereeing that decides a game from the first kick off!

I do not blame our boys one single bit for tonight's game..absolutely no way at all!

I will admit that I have my beer goggles and blue & white ones on at the same time but crikey what was with the refs tonight?

Our guys got absolutely cremated on atleast 2 tries and every single 50/50 call the entire night. Our guys turned up to play, no doubt about it and several of our players were playing perfectly at the start. But due to constant bad calls lasting until the game was lost around the 50th minute we got plain ROBBED!!!!!

Someone please tell me that they agree with me because it was ridiculous!

So where do our guys go from here? We will be around 6th or something by the end of the weekend and looking at being genuine underdogs come finals time. Top 4 I assume is gone now so if we want to take the next step this year and hold aloft the trophy than we are at a junction at our season. ARE we good enough to step up and TAKE the title or are we going to just fade away? How will our guys go this week knowing that they got hard done by?? Next week we play the donkey's in Brisbane, our chances are running out to step up for this year?

For our guys tonight I hope you turn this crap into passion and kick on because its us against the world now and that tastes best with a trophy in September so I for one hope we use this as a platform to TAKE this years title!

Special mention to Moses, I thought he played well tonight at wing and centre. Optional kick off to gain the scrum was an excellent decision and was an indication of this guys abilities.....this guy will be a superstar mark my words boys!!!

Des has his wish.......we are now underdogs! Time to decide!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Youre right about the importance of this match. We're now out of the top 4 and it'll be hard to get back in with our torrid points differential. With the cowboys and warriors on fire we may even find ourselves finishing in 7th or 8th which would find us playing an elimination final in Townsville or NZ.
We seriously need to pick it up

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we are in major trouble if we cant beat brisbane, we are outsiders as well ffs

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we dont beat brisbane with tolman and jmoz back, then we can definitely kiss our season good bye.

Top 4 finish doesnt bother me as we have already beaten top 4 teams barring panthers and we can do it again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It was one of those games we were never going to win. From the initial BS call, you could tell we were going to cop them all night.

But hey, when the NRL has 10 officials that are betting on games, and fails to act on them in any way, this is what happens.

NRL bought in more and more betting partners.
NRL then bought in an additional referee.
NRL also bought in the video ref.

None of this has been for the good of the game, it has all been for making match fixing easier.

This is also why none of the players or clubs (well next to none) know about the match fixing, as it's being done at a far higher level sadly.

Ban betting on our great game.
Sack the dual ref system.
Abolish the video ref.

We won't get 100% correct calls ALL the time, but at least it'll bring us back to years gone by when very few ref complaints where being made.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The first howler set the tone when idris kicked it on the last and both elijah taylor and whare were atleast 5 metres offside and penrith got the penalty!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The way our season is heading i can see us out of the top 4 along with Penrith... and playing them in an elimination final week 1.... It could be like our run ins with the Knights in 2013. I hope i am wrong. So keen for a fullback though, Thompson should be there now, but ill be watching the waratahs game tonight and envisioning Beale or Folau in the blue and white.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
That game could could very much cost us a top four position. That being said if we can't beat these teams we don't deserve to be there come finals. This time of year always sorts out contenders from pretenders

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stop making excuses, the boys were crap and you will never be in with a chance if you don't hold the ball.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stop making excuses, the boys were crap and you will never be in with a chance if you don't hold the ball.
A fair argument is that we were just always behind the 8-ball due to the dud calls that we were left with no choice but to chance our arm and play catchup footy.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about top 4 guys.
With our run home, and our horrible points differential, we're a fair chance of missing the finals altogether.
I hope last night gave them the kick in the ass they need, but to be honest, the tigers game 3 weeks ago, should've done that.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
we are in major trouble if we cant beat brisbane, we are outsiders as well ffs
The fact we would be outsiders doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The officiating last night was easily the worst I have ever seen in a very long time!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The dud calls in the first half, a half we were the better team, frustrated the players and they played that way. No patience, no planning, just anger. They got their act together too late in the match. 5 more minutes we would have won by 8 the way it was going.

Reynolds needed the run, and will be better for it. He played like it was his first match in a month (and it was). JMoz will help in many ways. He makes better decisions out wide than anyone in the team and his defence is missed. We will need to get him playing soon because he hasnt played in a while and may come back flat and need a run or 2 for match fitness, like Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.