'The Dogs'

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys, does it irk you when commentary refers to us as 'the dogs', I'm looking at you Cooper Cronk.

Legendary commentators like Rabs and Sterlo back in the day either refer to us as Canterbury or the Bulldogs,
60+ years a supporter and glad to call them the Doggies as all my mates do.
Better than the Berries.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys, does it irk you when commentary refers to us as 'the dogs', I'm looking at you Cooper Cronk.

Legendary commentators like Rabs and Sterlo back in the day either refer to us as Canterbury or the Bulldogs,

Thoughts?
Who cares what they called them. They supported Parra.
Doggies or Dogs (of War)

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Voss ginane and old timers always talk highly of the old dogs and love when we play good. Stereo always respected us as did gus in commentary. I find johns never says a good thing about us both brothers

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Voss ginane and old timers always talk highly of the old dogs and love when we play good. Stereo always respected us as did gus in commentary. I find johns never says a good thing about us both brothers
Joey is still getting over the kick by Hazem to win the game they were so much better than us in the 1st and we ran them down,

Joey once said" just when you think you have the dogs in the coffin you better check it's nailed shut."

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Joey is still getting over the kick by Hazem to win the game they were so much better than us in the 1st and we ran them down,

Joey once said" just when you think you have the dogs in the coffin you better check it's nailed shut."
I'm pretty sure Matty Johns has a respect to the old Bulldogs fold, how it influenced other clubs, the Melbourne's and Newcastle's, and some other things

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A pack of dog howls when the team enters or to pump the team up would be cool. Like a combined calling card from the crowd, kids can easily get into it too.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the dogs it’s got a fear factor

babypup

New Pup
Reaction score
I cant stand the monotone commentary from Cronk

Bloke really grinds my gears

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t SBW end Andrew John’s career?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Always been - Doggs or Doggies for me!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Gees bro, teaspoon of cement??

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In commentating, We should always be referred to as "Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, previously known as Canterbury Bankstown Berries"