The dogs might be getting Will Hopoate

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he would have to be incredibly cheap ... nothing like the player he was before leaving for his sabbatical ... handy wing or fullback but we need to spend dollars elsewhere
like another centre if lafai is let go

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still think phillips has alot of potential and stanley is a very good winger not centre

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I still think phillips has alot of potential and stanley is a very good winger not centre
Stanley when he played wing last season was amazing tbh. Positioning was great, strong kick returns and was extremely confident under the highball. Too bad he is almost always injured.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stanley when he played wing last season was amazing tbh. Positioning was great, strong kick returns and was extremely confident under the highball. Too bad he is almost always injured.

agreed .. Stanley when fit is very good and I still think phillips has plenty to offer if he gets some regular game time

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
agreed .. Stanley when fit is very good and I still think phillips has plenty to offer if he gets some regular game time
Id rather keep both of them instead of bringing over floppa.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stanleys a good winger but is made out of glass.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thompson, Perrett, Phillips and Loko > Hoppa v2.0

Heck, even Jonno Wright and Mitch Brown are more attacking wingers (yes I went there).

Even his 2011 highlights package (his best season), shows there is absolutely nothing at all there for people to go "wow this bloke will be a superstar". Every single try he scores is something every other NRL playing winger would also score (even the fringe first graders).

He was overhyped based on his name and coming through the junior ranks, and has yet to show even an inch of skill that would make people go "wow watch out for this kid".

Parra would have been better of keeping Ken Sio, and sending Will Hopoate (who they thought would be the saving grace at fullback) to ESL.

In summary: One big, massive, **** NO from me.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WILL HOPPA BECOME A DOG?

Could Will Hopoate end up at the Bulldogs?

The NSW Origin flyer and his management are in a standoff with the Eels after the club attempted to alters the terms of his new contract.

The deal is yet to be registered by the NRL, making the 22-year-old a free agent.

Things are threatening to get messy, with Fairfax reporting the battle could end up in the Supreme Court.

There are murmurs Des Hasler is keen on bringing Hopoate to Belmore should the Eels not honour their deal with him.

Source

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
there would need to be significant 3rd party deals to secure hoppa, really cannot see the value in him at the reported $800k
to much money for someone whos to inconsistent and not ranked in the top half dozen in that position
cannot see where he adds anymore to what we already have

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
...and slow

Bulldogs80

New Pup
Reaction score
1.B Abbey
2.B Morris
3.Hoppa
4.J. Morris
5.Rona

Still looks better then having lafai and perret there!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No No No No No ...

Here's a list of people cheaper, and currently better than Hoppa, and who are off contract this year:

Cheyse Blair - Winger / Centre
Hymel Hunt - Centre
Richard Kennar - Centre
Joey "BJ" Leilua - Centre / Second Row (bit of a derp, but he goes well and IS ONLY 23!)
Ken Maumalo - Centre (this bloke IS something special)
Matt Duffie - Wing
Ngani Laumape - Wing / Centre
Reece Robinson - Wing / Centre / Fullback
Daniel Vidot - Wing / Centre / Fullback / Second Row / Prop

Heck I'd even take Keith Lulia, Brad Tighe or Dane Nielsen over Hoppa.

===============
===============

As for Lafai to Manly rumours, why would they?

1. Brett Stewart (not going anywhere)
2. Blair / Hiku / Taufua / Tommy Turbo / Gutho
3. Lyon / Gutho / Taufua / Blair
4. Matai / Gutho / Tuafua / Blair
5. Blair / Hiku / Taufua / Tommy Turbo / Gutho

They have an oversupply of backs already.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No No No No No ...

Here's a list of people cheaper, and currently better than Hoppa, and who are off contract this year:

Cheyse Blair - Winger / Centre
Hymel Hunt - Centre
Richard Kennar - Centre
Joey "BJ" Leilua - Centre / Second Row (bit of a derp, but he goes well and IS ONLY 23!)
Ken Maumalo - Centre (this bloke IS something special)
Matt Duffie - Wing
Ngani Laumape - Wing / Centre
Reece Robinson - Wing / Centre / Fullback
Daniel Vidot - Wing / Centre / Fullback / Second Row / Prop

Heck I'd even take Keith Lulia, Brad Tighe or Dane Nielsen over Hoppa.

===============
===============

As for Lafai to Manly rumours, why would they?

1. Brett Stewart (not going anywhere)
2. Blair / Hiku / Taufua / Tommy Turbo / Gutho
3. Lyon / Gutho / Taufua / Blair
4. Matai / Gutho / Tuafua / Blair
5. Blair / Hiku / Taufua / Tommy Turbo / Gutho

They have an oversupply of backs already.
definitely , always liked reece robinson do not know why we didn't go for him also leilua but sticky wont let him go

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
BJ's off contract this year. Comes across as not the most intelligent bloke, and gives away dumb penalties, but as a powerful centre he's pretty decent.

Reece is having a cracker of a season. With decent players around him he would shine.

But then Perrett isn't really THAT bad, and Lafai being moved on is all Rumour Mill stuff.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Des might be able to get the best out of him but he needs to toughen up to play for this club

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
BJ's off contract this year. Comes across as not the most intelligent bloke, and gives away dumb penalties, but as a powerful centre he's pretty decent.

Reece is having a cracker of a season. With decent players around him he would shine.

But then Perrett isn't really THAT bad, and Lafai being moved on is all Rumour Mill stuff.
I don't think Des would be interested in Joey. He is pretty close to Frank P (Frank is the one who announced he was going to Canberra) so he could have come over this year if he wanted to. He seems like a loose canon with anger management issues.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think Des would be interested in Joey. He is pretty close to Frank P (Frank is the one who announced he was going to Canberra) so he could have come over this year if he wanted to. He seems like a loose canon with anger management issues.
Like we don't have one of those at the club already...

Status
Not open for further replies.