The dog charged with saving desperate Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbyes got a whole heap of potential.. but im yet to see anything from him that suggests hes a number 7..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In my opinion brad abbey needs to be elevated to the top side this year. Whether he succeeds or fails is irrelevant, we need to know if he has the goods. If he fails and mbye doesnt prove himself in the 7, we piss abbey and lichaa off and free up some cap space and go all out for a quality half, and push mbye to the back, and bring woolford in at 9.
Next year could go either way. A few players step up and we do well. Or, those same players struggle and we start looking to 2018, which i have to say looks pretty good with some of the guys we have coming through like woolford, kerr, keighran, lewis, montoya etc.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol so reynolds.... the experienced half gets off scot free without a mention.... must be a slow news day
That's right because Reynolds is limited in his abilities, all the experts know he can't be the one to step up and control games. He has played long enough and hasn't matured at all to take on added responsibility. Whether it's 6 or 7 it doesn't really matter.. for his fg experience it's time to expand his game management skills. Soward was 5/8 for the Dragons in 09/10 and was able to control games with his kicking. Reynolds lacks the finesse to control games.

The pressure hinges on the younger players like Lichaa and Mbye, they have the potential and could change our fortunes on the field if they come good.

Fullback position is still a major issue for us, another lack of an attacking option. Hopoate is safe but is not a complete fullback like D. Boyd for example who acts like an extra half or 5/8 in set plays. Des will utilise skillful fullbacks as he did with Barba or B. Stewart at Manly on set plays. Haven't seen Abbey play, could he be the one to add the extra dimension to our attack?

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also Mbye would benefit having a cool head along side him in the halves: Cronk, Maloney, Pearce, A. Reynolds, (Foran before he went off the rails) heck even Soward. Disclaimer I would not want Coward at this club.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
A tip for those who have never actually played this game. A 5/8 dressed up as a 7 regardless of ability will never succeed when the entire forward pack get the ball first and then stand around in the way. It's just footy 1'o'1!

I am not saying our players don't have faults but until we have a proper plan in place this is what we will see....and have for 4 years now! Had Des not blown our Salary Cap on forwards than perhaps Mbye would actually have a number 7 next to him that could help instead of a rogue inside him?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
‘Desperate’ Des Hasler’s future at Canterbury hinges on Moses Mbye

And Moses, with a smile said: "Yeah, its a big job... but I'll give you a quote".

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
is it wrong that i dont give a fuck any more about next year?

am i still fan of the great Canterbury bulldogs club?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des doesn't want to be saved because he won't be hanging out for our shit administration to make decisions! he'll be making his own decision, saying bye bye to the Dogs, thank you for the $7.2 million it was great hanging out using your facilities till 3am, it saved me a shit load of money on my home power bills!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
AAAHHH true words for a change, pretty much says it all!!
They do and hence the predicament we are in that we havnt won shit in 5 years under Des...

Status
Not open for further replies.