The definition of a do or die mentality

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Best comeback of all time
Amen to that!

I was at that game and one of the things I most remember was the feeling once our comeback started.

We weren't gong to be denied.

In the end it was like the Parrascum weren't even on the field. We just kept scoring more and more and more points. I think it was 30 to nil (from the time our comeback started).

Also special that extra time wasn't golden point. So even when we had beaten the dirty Scum we got to score more and more. Travis Norton's try at the end was the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I legit watched the highlights of this a day ago. I think it was footyclassics, a youtuber who broke down the key moments and some funny comments from Rabs, Sterlo, etc.

Enough is enough, we've been in the mud long for too long as it is. We need to rediscover that mentality and team spirit.

Here is the clip I watched:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was at that game and remembered how all my workmates were sending me texts with 15mins to go, saying "Suck shit". Lol, came to work the next day and 3 of the 5 of them were on sick leave and the other 2 copped it all day from me....fucking losers!!!

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this isn’t a comeback in 2004 (obviously nothing sweeter than winning it all) getting smacked to nil in the early rounds by the rooster and then pumping the fuck out them later in the season. Fuck that was so satisfying, Willie Tonga giving Justin Hodges a bath. Think we had our heritage jersey on with the black shorts

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not here to pull you down but to pull you forward, but which ever happens either will be satisfactory.. that would be it :tearsofjoy: !!

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both top teams but it was t a rivalry. Rivalry started due to the 98 game.
It was the 80s mate there is no argument to this !!!!

1980 we won GF
1981 they won GF
1982 they won GF
1983 they won GF and beat us twice in semis
1984 we beat them in GF
1985 we won GF and also beat them in semi final
1986 they beat us in GF ..... only just
1987 Parramatta hibernation started until 1996 .... rivalry missed by Nasheed
1997 Parramatta emerged only after they were gifted 4 of our best players.
1999 Our most epic semi final comeback ever
1999 Nasheed declares a new rivalry is born.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It was the 80s mate there is no argument to this !!!!

1980 we won GF
1981 they won GF
1982 they won GF
1983 they won GF and beat us twice in semis
1984 we beat them in GF
1985 we won GF and also beat them in semi final
1986 they beat us in GF ..... only just
1987 Parramatta hibernation started until 1996 .... rivalry missed by Nasheed
1997 Parramatta emerged only after they were gifted 4 of our best players.
1999 Our most epic semi final comeback ever
1999 Nasheed declares a new rivalry is born.
Why 99? I said 98.
I do agree that there were rumblings when Parra took four of those players but I think it’s pretty unanimous in league circles that we were the bad guys there. Those 4 stayed loyal to ARL but we sold out to News Ltd. So we villain.
Befrie that we had a nice rivalry with the raiders and Penrith and were amicable with eels.
I’d say 80s was more Nadal v Federer but after 98 it was more Russia and Ukraine. Brother wars.
Even @Foxalldayeveryday said the same thing

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You have NFI...

Like King Gus said, it started in the 80's.
Four premierships each in the 80's.

Lamb and Mortimer v Kenny and Sterlo!
Actually, it started in the 70s

Those of us old enough to remember…

76 prelim final Parra did us over

78 elimination final - we had Parra beaten after Turvey scored 2 brilliant individual tries, then they came back late to get us 17-15

79 prelim final - my first finals match at the SCG. Parra score first through a former Berry (Garry Dowling) but we come home strong through the brilliance of Turvey and Garry Hughes to get Glossop’s babes into the GF.

And so a rivalry is born

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You guys just seem to think because we;
A) played them
And
B) Played them in a grand final
That makes us rivals.
In that case roosters are our rivals too. Not to mention they stole Mason, Myles, Atoni and Anasta from us.
So by everyone’s logic here too they are our biggest rivals.
The answer is simply it simmered but was born in 98.
The 70s was the pregnancy test.
The 80s was the ultrasound
The defection of players was the foetus….
But the BIRTH was 98.
But I’m hesitant if the kid still lives bevause pretty sure Parra don’t care about us anymore. Not worth their time.
They get more gee’d up about the Penrith rivalry.
They see us like a hector Salamanca. Used to be dangerous years ago but Penrith is now Lalo Salamanca for the BCS fans. Slick and dangerous but the eels are the Penrith Achilles heel.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Actually, it started in the 70s

Those of us old enough to remember…

76 prelim final Parra did us over

78 elimination final - we had Parra beaten after Turvey scored 2 brilliant individual tries, then they came back late to get us 17-15

79 prelim final - my first finals match at the SCG. Parra score first through a former Berry (Garry Dowling) but we come home strong through the brilliance of Turvey and Garry Hughes to get Glossop’s babes into the GF.

And so a rivalry is born
I was at that game in '79 in the little stand next to the hill at the SCG. What a great game, what a great memory