Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yay or nay?

Just read an article on Troy Davis, who was convicted of killing an off duty police officer over 20 years ago. And it got me thinking..

Are you for or against it?

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really hard call. I'm not completely against it. What is the definition of an extreme case?

People are meant to only be found guilty in a court of law when there is no doubt, yet DNA has proved people have been put to death in the US when they were innocent.

Mind you, would be cheaper to put people like paedophiles in a prison with slightly lacking security... let the other inmates do the job.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It is a tough one but I guess the current justice system isnt being really harsh enough when it comes to convicting criminals for murder, rape, drug trafficing and pedos

You had one case where police officers who were being shot at while on duty and the offender ended up getting off scotch free, what sort of msg does that send out?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well thats the tough bit with extreme cases - what some would deem excessive and cruel others may see every day.

But I would probably go along the lines of Bilal Skaf and what the criminals did to Anita Cobby as more of the vulguar, extreme situations.

For the record - im a dead set against it. There's a lot of pro's and con's to the situation, but one thing that I can never get my head around is the fact that even if they are worthy of it, how can you put the responsiblity of one persons life down to the pushing of a button? As in - in what right does one person have to take the life of another in this more civilised society.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No. Killing them is their easy way out. Locking them up for life, eternal boredom is a way more harsher punishment.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Cold blooded Murder and Rape should get the death sentence in this country. This has to be proven 100% without a doubt, not 99%

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I'm for it, expecially for African refugee's who rape white women and boys. Fckin filthmongers

P

Paint.

Did a debate for this last year :p Stats point largely towards the death penalty.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im for it, why should murderers, ******s, pedo's all the rest always get away with crimes, but i think let them serve 25 years in jail first, and if inmates havent killed em, or they aint killed themselfs, then give them the death penality, doing it straight away gives them the easy way out, but really australias justise system is totally f*cked up, sum1 with pot can get 8 9 years jail, and someone rapes a child and walks free, hmmm makes u wonder who's in charge of making these laws and sh*t.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you take someone elses life you should pay for it with your own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
make them watch the nutty professor 2 and then let them go

for extreme cases then make them watch the movie twice

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Killing them is their easy way out. Locking them up for life, eternal boredom is a way more harsher punishment.

WTF are you on about "the easy way out"? Have you seen a person who is about to get executed?? The fear on their face is nothing you could ever imagine....The could be the most cold hearted criminal, but just before the needle or the chair their eyes gaze with fear...
They could live the rest of their life in pprison and never experiance something like that...Hell for som e of them Prison life is much better than a life on the outside.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Have you seen a person who is about to get executed??
have you?

btw i agree with life in prison is a better situation for the criminal, but the fear of the death penalty is obviously not enough to assuage their killing intentions

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
and btw yes, the word assuage is my word of the week

ive been using it everywhere since i heard it on a star trek episode

Status
Not open for further replies.