The day Reni Maitua turned down the chance to be part of rusty's souths revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good read, true story of redemption via sacrifice and hard work.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Hope he has a blinder if he does play. I have a sneaky feeling he will and defend in the middle, swapping with Finnucane.
He is a solid defender who can move laterally pretty quickly for his age.

Des shows that he is a true champion. Im sure he has helped every single one of our players on and off the field.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reni was always one of my favourites and I was a trifle miffed when he left the Dogs. His attitude and discipline though was revealed as being poor and this followed him to various clubs and eventually a two year ban for drug use. I vividly remember the 2004 GF and the vision of Reni raising his finger to signal one minute to go and the tapping of the club emblem on his jersey in the countdown to full time. I mentioned this to him at one of the fan days this year and he quietly said that he hoped he could do the same again this year. When all of his problems came to light and the fact that he was in such a low ebb that he considered taking the easy way out of life I gained a new respect and insight into the man.He was at ease and open about talking about his problems and he was appreciative that I would take the time to ask how things were. He has done all that the club has asked of him in maintaining discipline and focus, because he knows one wrong step and he is out. He acknowledges the fact that rugby league owes him nothing but he is happy that he can repay the faith shown in him by the Dogs and will do whatever it takes to continue to play the game he loves. He champions the awareness of mental health and devotes his free time to raising funds to support programs aimed at helping those affected. Reni may not play on GF day this year but he has made a contribution along the way and has deserved his place in our squad this year.

N

Natboy

I remember people on here sooking that we don't need him and he is old and useless, too much trouble etc
If Des goes for experience and picks Reni he will have the most important job on the field in this grand final

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Still don't understand the reni love..He's been dissapointing this year tbh. I'd rather he didn't play in the GF.

N

Natboy

Still don't understand the reni love..He's been dissapointing this year tbh. I'd rather he didn't play in the GF.
I would've liked to see him get more minutes mate but then who do you take off

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I would've liked to see him get more minutes mate but then who do you take off
He was always going to struggle to get a spot with our pack of forwards, but he hasn't really impressed me with the opportunities he did get.

As for Reni playing hooker, surely this isn't the solution. Ive never seen him play there before.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
He was always going to struggle to get a spot with our pack of forwards, but he hasn't really impressed me with the opportunities he did get.

As for Reni playing hooker, surely this isn't the solution. Ive never seen him play there before.
Well use his experience as what ever position he'll play.. I put trust in Reni Maitua that he wont let the mighty team down

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he has been great this year either, but he deserves to be in this team, if we were full strength he wouldn't even be close to getting a game, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reni was always one of my favourites and I was a trifle miffed when he left the Dogs. His attitude and discipline though was revealed as being poor and this followed him to various clubs and eventually a two year ban for drug use. I vividly remember the 2004 GF and the vision of Reni raising his finger to signal one minute to go and the tapping of the club emblem on his jersey in the countdown to full time. I mentioned this to him at one of the fan days this year and he quietly said that he hoped he could do the same again this year. When all of his problems came to light and the fact that he was in such a low ebb that he considered taking the easy way out of life I gained a new respect and insight into the man.He was at ease and open about talking about his problems and he was appreciative that I would take the time to ask how things were. He has done all that the club has asked of him in maintaining discipline and focus, because he knows one wrong step and he is out. He acknowledges the fact that rugby league owes him nothing but he is happy that he can repay the faith shown in him by the Dogs and will do whatever it takes to continue to play the game he loves. He champions the awareness of mental health and devotes his free time to raising funds to support programs aimed at helping those affected. Reni may not play on GF day this year but he has made a contribution along the way and has deserved his place in our squad this year.
What a great story it would make if we won on Sunday. Reni became a premiership player with us at the start of his career only to return to the club where he made his name in the twilight of his career to win another premiership. I remember reading an article about Reni breaking down in tears after another Parra loss in Brisbane, let's hope that at the end of Sundays game the only tears we see running down Reni's face are tears of joy and true redemption.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's difficult to judge him when he rarely gets more than 10 mins per game

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Well if he plays hooker, I think his busy style (and the fact that Ennis is normally our top tackler, which is something we need to replace), would suit the side. How many minutes was he getting weekly in NSW Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.