The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Warner is not appealing the sentence.

I bet Warner will sell his story to the highest bidder.

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2003: Warne got banned for a year

2018: Warner got banned for a year

if in 2033 an aussie cricketer named Warnest gets banned for a year, then illuminate is confirmed!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2003: Warne got banned for a year

2018: Warner got banned for a year

if in 2033 an aussie cricketer named Warnest gets banned for a year, then illuminate is confirmed!
Prior to that there was the Arab-Israelie WAR in 1973

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not that I really follow cricket but BIG news...

Ch9 have lost some coverage to Ch7.

Would that be all games Australia play in internationally, or just local tests and Big Bash?

upload_2018-4-13_13-39-53.png

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score

Would that be all games Australia play in internationally, or just local tests and Big Bash?

View attachment 5582
Doesn't matter, who's going to want to watch us get pumped for the next year or so without Smith and Warner lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

View attachment 5582
Channel 10 have lost the rights to the bigbash as well. anyway this pic shows it all

edit: holy shit i didn't realise the pic was so big haha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow so 9 have lost everything cricket related.

Now all they need do is lose the NRL and they are sunk as a channel.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cricket Australia press release. I like the idea of a proper Fox Cricket channel

Landmark Cricket broadcast partnership announced

Australian cricket fans will have access to more cricket coverage than ever following a landmark partnership with FOX SPORTS and Seven West Media, announced by Cricket Australia (CA) today.

Women’s cricket has been placed at the forefront of the partnership with all Women’s Commonwealth Bank International matches and 23 Rebel Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) matches each season to be broadcast on Seven and FOX SPORTS. CA will live stream the remaining WBBL matches on cricket.com.au and the CA Live App.

In addition to women’s cricket, Men’s International Cricket will take a new shape, with Seven and FOX SPORTS broadcasting all Test Matches throughout the summer. FOX SPORTS will exclusively broadcast Men’s Gillette One-Day and T20 Internationals.

This summer the KFC Big Bash League (BBL) will become a full Home and Away season for the first time. Identical to last season 43 BBL matches will be broadcast on free to air TV through new partner Seven, while FOX SPORTS will broadcast all 59 matches.

There will also be a new digital partnership between FOX SPORTS and CA’s digital arm, Cricket Network. This partnership will bring more content than ever to Cricket Australia Live App and cricket.com.au users.

FOX SPORTS will also launch a dedicated FOX cricket channel along with broadcasting 13 JLT One-Day Cup matches, the JLT Sheffield Shield Final along with some Tour matches.

Cricket Australia will continue to deliver broadcast-quality streaming of matches not broadcast by the two networks including International tour matches, non-broadcast JLT One-Day Cup and JLT Sheffield Shield matches, all available through cricket.com.au and the CA Live Pass. Fans will also still be able to access all the highlights they have come to enjoy through cricket.com.au and Cricket Australia Live.

The new six-year broadcast and digital partnership will result in overall benefit to the sport worth $1.182b over six years.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This TV deal is a good thing. Gotta shake it up sometimes.
Yep the 9 coverage had become just so stale and boring, i'm happy to see them not telecast it anymore. Shame 10 lost the BBL rights though, they actually had really awesome coverage of that. So all up 9 loose the cricket but gained the aus open in the tennis, not sure about that lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
ab de villiers has announced his retirement from international cricket, damn mofo could have done that a few months ago, we may not have even needed the sand paper.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You know what.... FUCK Cricket and FUCK Cricket Australia.

They have ruled out approaching Todd Geenberg for their head position.

Would have been a perfect way to get rid of this idiot from the NRL.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It makes me wonder that there are 8 players who played in the last game for Australia in an ODI who weren't playing in this series. I understand Smith & Warner can't play, but why the other 6? Did they know about the sandpapergate & were quietly suspended?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It makes me wonder that there are 8 players who played in the last game for Australia in an ODI who weren't playing in this series. I understand Smith & Warner can't play, but why the other 6? Did they know about the sandpapergate & were quietly suspended?
Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood and Mitch Marsh are all injured, that is why our bowling lineup is so horrible.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need them back now!

I wanted to scratch my eyes out when I seen the score this morning!