The Consolidated Cricket Thread

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a dumber or lower percentage play than the ramp shot?

Ffs, Twenty20 is cricket for idiots.
Geez the Aussies look hopeless in just about all forms of cricket at the moment.

Who could invisage this fall from grace throughout our golden era?

I mean they were always going to come back to the pack but this Australian team lacks serious quality and it hurts.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
2 more nsw players got a century today there are about 4-5 up and coming batters coming through probably a year away but as always nsw bringing talent through

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Righto, 2 days out from first test....
What are our thoughts guys?
Can we compete with these Indians?
Can we take 20 wickets?

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Righto, 2 days out from first test....
What are our thoughts guys?
Can we compete with these Indians?
Can we take 20 wickets?
No chance... not so worried about our bowling it’s our batting that is the big problem. Twenty20 cricket has destroyed the ability of most to build an innings. They all get out to ridiculously rash shots

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being optimistic but I can see us scoring some runs.
We usually find a way at home to score 350+.
My concern is taking regular wickets and will our pace men last the summer??
We need to win 1st test!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No chance... not so worried about our bowling it’s our batting that is the big problem. Twenty20 cricket has destroyed the ability of most to build an innings. They all get out to ridiculously rash shots
Do not forget the Indian bowling line up is absolutely woeful in these conditions and we have a very good top order player in Khawaja. I think we can compete and might even win. The batting decks will be so flat even our top order should be able to score and our bowlers will be much more dangerous. India would not stand a chance if Smith and Warner were playing IMHO. I know it's only a tour game, but India were comprehensively outplayed by a bunch of 20 year olds in the team's only warm up game and Ishant and Ashwin both average more with the ball in Australia than Kohli does with the bat.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being optimistic but I can see us scoring some runs.
We usually find a way at home to score 350+.
My concern is taking regular wickets and will our pace men last the summer??
We need to win 1st test!
I don't think our bowlers will be a problem. bowling line up is much more formidable than theirs in these conditions. We should get Pattinson back into the side though. Lyon is much better in these conditions than any of their spin options. If Kohli can be contained, Australia should win. It's a big if though...

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think our bowlers will be a problem. bowling line up is much more formidable than theirs in these conditions. We should get Pattinson back into the side though. Lyon is much better in these conditions than any of their spin options. If Kohli can be contained, Australia should win. It's a big if though...
I haven't seen much of India in last 12-15 months.
Didn't they lose badly in England earlier in the year?
Hard to be confident but Aussies to win 2-1

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great start by the Aussies!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How much better is the commentary now it's away from the tired old boring channel 9 crew.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
may well happen this time around.
Face it...India sucks outside of its own backyard. The team crawled to number one on the back of an endless home summer. They have had chances to prove they are the real deal in South Africa and England this year and failed....Now they've started appallingly against an under strength Australian side. Pretenders. :P

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Face it...India sucks outside of its own backyard. The team crawled to number one on the back of an endless home summer. They have had chances to prove they are the real deal in South Africa and England this year and failed....Now they've started appallingly against an under strength Australian side. Pretenders. :P

and Australia went pretty well last month in UAE against the no.8 ranked team, right ?