NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i guess so. I think his defence is better than average (not his his blocks). Has strength to push Randolph and the likes off the block.
He affects a fair chunk of shots and runs the floor hard though.
Improved mid range jumper. Little to no post game though.

Impressive leaping ability too
His jumper is money if he's left open, he's one of the best in the league at shooting it from mid range.

I wish more big men had post moves. Watching highlights of Hakeem is so good.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
If only Ibaka had post moves. But Westbrook/Durant take a lot of ball away from him.

Hakeem dream shake!
Duncan has some nifty post moves. Scola has some interesting scoop shots.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
As soon as the Clippers got knocked out by Memphis I pretty much stopped caring about NBA again like I do every year so I've missed alot of the trades..

Just saw that the Clips traded Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler out and got Jared Dudley, JJ Redick and Darren Collison in return. Also see that Chauncey is gone..

Wtf? I loved Bledsoe, he was a wildcard and I can't see how we've benefited from the trade. Can someone explain?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As soon as the Clippers got knocked out by Memphis I pretty much stopped caring about NBA again like I do every year so I've missed alot of the trades..

Just saw that the Clips traded Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler out and got Jared Dudley, JJ Redick and Darren Collison in return. Also see that Chauncey is gone..

Wtf? I loved Bledsoe, he was a wildcard and I can't see how we've benefited from the trade. Can someone explain?
First of all, they didn't get Collison in the trade. They signed Collison as a free agent.

Bledsoe is out of contract next off season and will want a big deal. He has no chance of a starting berth at LAC with CP3 there. Also, with his promising play in the 11-12 playoffs, as well as his play this season, the Clippers most likely saw this as a chance to get some assets in return for a player that envisions himself in a starting role in the near future (and doesn't completely fit their own plans).

Personally, I don't think Bledsoe is good at running an offense, he's not a very good shooter either. His main traits are his athleticism, his hustle and his good defensive play (which is due to his hustling style). He's not an integral piece for a contender imo. I believe he's a luxury for a team like the clippers and it's better off trading him and getting pieces that fit their team better. They've now got two great shooters in Redick and Dudley to play off Griffin and Paul.

Clips also signed Byron Mullens on a 2yr $2million deal. Will be interesting to see how he goes under a better and more organised system. He can play the 4 and 5 and stretch the floor with his shooting, so he may be a good fit for some minutes alongside Blake and DJ. I think the Clips will probably pick up one more big before they're done.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good stuff, yeah I have no real knowledge of the ins and outs of basketball. Highlights suit me fine. Still didn't understand losing Butler, Bledsoe and Billups and picking up a couple guys who i have no idea about.

Under Doc Rivers hopefully we can be a stronger unit. Who knows.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Bledsoe gets a lot of steals and runs the floor hard. Can leap for a small bloke.
But stuck behind CP3 Billups and Crawford.
They stocked up on shooters to spread the floor for Griffin.

Bucks got a makeover.
More than half their team is new.
Knight, OJ Mayo, Delfino, Ilyasova, Sanders

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
I cringe every time i hear Odens name..
Had so much potential, too bad he had knees made of glass.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sooo pumped for this seaason to get going whos buying a league Pass this year?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pistons are going to have a chucktastic season with Jennings a Smoove. This could end up being really terrible.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You should be pumped as a Rockets fan.

I always get it. Its a must for all NBA fans.
Yea I usually share the pass with a mate but he's a Celtics fan so I dunno if he wants to bother going halves this season lol.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
paid $214AU last year, including the finals.

Or you can just a pass for just your team which is much cheaper.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
bought one last yr, didn't use it as much as i thought i would so will probably just get the magic package

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
I have a 10% discount code for the regular pack, and a 15% off premium pack.

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/116230

Just bought it. Will be a good season.

My team: Damian Lillard, Wesley Mathews, Nicolas Natum, LaMarcus Aldridge, Robin Lopez
CJ Mc Cullum, Mo Williams, Victor Claver, Will Barton, Dorrell Wright, Myers Leonard, Thomas Robinson.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard is having a sook that Orlando magic are letting another player wear his number 12 jersey

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard is having a sook that Orlando magic are letting another player wear his number 12 jersey
Hahaha such fukn douche. I'm so glad the lakers are free from his drama this year. I actually think we'll do better without him. A team of role players who actually wanna play as a team. I guess it all depends on how kobe recovers. Knowing him, he'll hit beast mode when he comes back.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Howard is a headache. With his size and athletism, he should be a 20/15 guy.

Kaman will start at centre? Paul and Hill to share some of the minutes.

Not sure where Nick Young fits in though. That guy takes the strangest shots.