NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Gotta love Stern's reverse psychology saying the players are missing out on pay etc etc. Sure some players are effected, but the majority are so well off I dont think it's going to damage them that much. Its the club's and the NBA as an organisation and small businesses who are getting ****ed over by this.

Can struggling teams survive a whole season without play? I dont think all of them can. I feel sorry for pubs and sports bars who televise the games live. They get so many people coming in to watch, and now those places are practically deserted.

masterdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
looks like there will be a 66 games season starting around christmas time

Hibs

Leith San Siro
Reaction score
The terms of the CBA seem likely to improve parity. There is no hard cap but the luxury taxes will make it very cost prohibitive for a team to spend beyond the soft cap. These taxes will then be distributed to the poorer/less lucrative franchises. Implementation of a Salary floor will also mean that the gap in salary from top paying to lowest paying team will be reduced.

All in all good for the NBA imo.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
read somewhere that it will start with a triple header on christmas day in US.
Hence boxing day for us.

NBA, where amazing greed happens.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Woah, Houstan willing to give up all that for Gasol.

so Dwight and Bynum? Even though Bynum is injury prone - it's still over kill.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Bynum will be moved for Dwight if that was to happen but we dont know whats going to happen so we gotta wait and see, im so pumped though lol but i feel sorry for Gasol & Odom.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to a trade in which they will obtain New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul for Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, sources tell ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Houston Rockets are the third team in the trade and will obtain Gasol from the Hornets in return for Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Goran Dragic, and a 2012 first-round pick that Houston received from the New York Knicks, sources said.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...e-pau-gasol-lamar-odom-chris-paul-sources-say

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Here is the complete breakdown of the trade as it is currently structured:

Los Angeles Lakers: PG Chris Paul (from NO Hornets)

New Orleans Hornets: F Lamar Odom (from LA Lakers), SG Kevin Martin (from HOU Rockets), PF Luis Scola (from HOU Rockets), PG Goran Dragic (from HOU Rockets)

Houston Rockets: PF Pau Gasol (from LA Lakers)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-to-lakers-in-3-way-deal-with-hornets-rockets

Hornets got a good deal. But Odom and Scola both play PF - dont think Odom wants to be 6th man again lol

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Lakers have no more assets to trade for D12.
Somehow I dont think Magic want Walton, Brown or Fisher LOL

Unless Bynum is traded with some young guys and Magic restart their roster.
Im sure Lakers dont want both Bynum and Dwight.

Anyone want Greg Oden who has grandma knees?

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Caron Butler ----> Clippers (Official)

(Rumours)-
Brandon Roy ---> Bulls [dont see it happening - Bulls dont have much to offer the Blazers]
Tyson Chandler ---> Knicks [fark he was killing it at Mavs]
Shane Battier ----> Heat (WTF for?) (does he want to play 5min a game?)

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Things are getting ridiculous now, NBA has blocked the trade as they are league owned and the owners of other sides had a sook and vetoed it. It is a complete mess right now.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Caron Butler ----> Clippers (Official) --- This is great. A lot of respect for this guy, he loves a challenge unlike half the other scared stars in the league.

(Rumours)-
Brandon Roy ---> Bulls [dont see it happening - Bulls dont have much to offer the Blazers] - Blazers still might amnesty his arse
Tyson Chandler ---> Knicks [fark he was killing it at Mavs] - Mavs can't afford him now and he'll play as long as he wants at the knicks because no-one else plays defense lol
Shane Battier ----> Heat (WTF for?) (does he want to play 5min a game?)- He'll end up playing in front of Mike Miller and James Jones. He defends AND hits the three, the other two are weak bombers

I'm loving the NBA being back.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I like Brandon Roy but he wont come to the Bulls cuz he wont fit it to what we want. No thanks.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
I'm loving the NBA being back.
Caron Butler will be great for the young Clippers.

Ah, that explains Chandlers move. Mavs might have to start Haywood?
Im not sure if Chandler can run the court as much as the Knicks do.
Poor Chandler, has to play D for the whole team. Knicks D was beyond shocking last season.

IMO, both Miller and Jones are better 3point shooters. They will space the floor much better for Wade and Lebron.
Miller rebound ability and ability to pass is better than Battier.
Im not a fan of Battier. A fit Miller is a better option.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
I like Brandon Roy but he wont come to the Bulls cuz he wont fit it to what we want. No thanks.
As a Blazer fan, I want him to stay. He showed glimpses of his form late last season, even with the injury.
I think Aldridge will take over the star role and have Roy play a smaller role.

Bulls need a pure 3 point shooter apart from Korver.
Rose, Brewer/Bogans, Deng, Boozer, Noah
Thats easily top 3 finish.