NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ffs this is bullshit but im going down with the ship

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yeah Lebron is better than MJ what a fucking choke. Went missing those last 2.5 mins

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Warriors played shit. Doubt they can play worse then that but still get up.

Cavs blew the lead late in the game with dumb shots.

But in all honesty I think this warriors team can almost win in any era. Ok they aren't too physical so would struggle in the late 80s early 90s. But when you can shoot like these guys and you have 2 mvps in your squad and 2x 3point champions. And that's not taking into account green and igoudalla. There is too much class.

Like I said earlier last years gsw team was great, ok they were beatable and they weren't 100% fit but they probably should have won it.

You add probably the second best player and second most complete player in the Comp in Durant and you go close to unbeatable. Looks like they might come close to sweeping the finals and the playoff.

I'm not a warriors fan but I just have to watch and marvel how they can flip a switch and make it rain points.

Thompson was on today, curry was on the other day, durant has been on the whole series. So they are a very very hard team to stop and I doubt any east coast team can unless there are major roster changes.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yeah Lebron is better than MJ what a fucking choke. Went missing those last 2.5 mins
lebron pretty much a 40pt triple double and was +7 in 45 minutes, this should enhance his reputation

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol Cavs choked that I'm afraid lmao. And Durant came up clutch.

People will hammer LBJ for not taking it at the end, but he was a fucking beast.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cavs ddnt choke its just that theres no luck involved in basketball and the warriors are the best team

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lebron pretty much a 40pt triple double and was +7 in 45 minutes, this should enhance his reputation
End of the day he didn't carry them over the line. 1 shit in the last 2.5-3 mins and it was blocked. Needed to do more

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Win-Loss records in NBA Finals games:

Michael Jordan= 24-11
Tim Duncan= 23-11
Kobe Bryant= 23-14
Shaquille O'neal= 17-13
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar= 29-27
Larry Bird= 16-15
LeBron James= 17-26

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maradona is 4th best at most.

Ronaldo
Messi
Pele

are all better players.

Cr7 - Greatest goalscorer ever.
Messi - Has more ability to turn a game on its head then Maradona.
Pele - This guys numbers were off the charts.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oh please if you transport messi to the 80's he would destroy everyone worse than maradona, just like lebron would the 90's

players get better over time naturally as the population grows, the benchmarks have been set, the money comes in and the more people do their sport

and i really hate that nba finals w-l stat, jordan is rewarded for being eliminated from the playoffs early and lebron is punished for making it

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
oh please if you transport messi to the 80's he would destroy everyone worse than maradona, just like lebron would the 90's

players get better over time naturally as the population grows, the benchmarks have been set, the money comes in and the more people do their sport

and i really hate that nba finals w-l stat, jordan is rewarded for being eliminated from the playoffs early and lebron is punished for making it
Lol no. Soccer hasn't changed much. Defenses were way better in the 90's. Messi has no world cup so no GOAT.

So in your opinion Anthony Joshua beats Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson in a boxing match?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Lol no. Soccer hasn't changed much. Defenses were way better in the 90's. Messi has no world cup so no GOAT.

So in your opinion Anthony Joshua beats Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson in a boxing match?
i dont know about anthony joshua but this is not the same situation because boxing has declined and it doesnt attract the best athletes anymore

yes soccer has changed, defenses were way better because they didnt have to deal with messi etc

so in your opinion usain bolt doesnt beat carl lewis in a sprint? lol thats the sport that hasnt changed at all and you get to see the improvement im talking about, if there wasnt any timing involved in sprinting im pretty sure there would be people who would say carl lewis would win

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
i dont know about anthony joshua but this is not the same situation because boxing has declined and it doesnt attract the best athletes anymore

yes soccer has changed, defenses were way better because they didnt have to deal with messi etc

so in your opinion usain bolt doesnt beat carl lewis in a sprint? lol thats the sport that hasnt changed at all and you get to see the improvement im talking about, if there wasnt any timing involved in sprinting im pretty sure there would be people who would say carl lewis would win
You're funny. You completely disregard boxing then bring up sprinting which everyone knows probably every sprinter is on steroids. Great work disregarding boxing just because it doesn't help your argument!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Defences were more physical but these days the amount of tactical training that goes into setting a defence is through the roof and thats why these days its alot harder to score/assist.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You're funny. You completely disregard boxing then bring up sprinting which everyone knows probably every sprinter is on steroids. Great work disregarding boxing just because it doesn't help your argument!
lol i think you have the bigger problem because you just accused usain bolt of being on steroids to help your argument, you also act like steroids were invented in 2004 and thats when people started running faster, the winning time in the 100m sprint in 1900 was 11.0 and that guy would be in a photo finish just to get a bronze if he ran that time in 1920, steroids as well?

my point is when there is more money and interest in the sport then there is more participation and competition so the players are better, i guarantee you would say the same thing if i argue that wilt chamberlain, kareem and bill russell were better than jordan, because they all are if you look at it on paper

schumacher would destroy the 1950's F1 field, serena williams right now as a pregnant woman would rape margaret court 6-0 4-0* (*margaret court quits and blames an injury), lebron is a better basketball player and person than jordan, durant is better than jordan, the bulldogs right now would defeat the dragons 11 in a row team by 56-4, usain bolt would win the 100m sprint by maybe 20m in 1900, ive never even heard of the guy you mentioned but klitschko would defeat both tyson and ali, steph curry is better than reggie miller and all the swimming world records have been set in the last 10 years

jordan is only better than lebron if you adjust for inflation

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
lol i think you have the bigger problem because you just accused usain bolt of being on steroids to help your argument, you also act like steroids were invented in 2004 and thats when people started running faster, the winning time in the 100m sprint in 1900 was 11.0 and that guy would be in a photo finish just to get a bronze if he ran that time in 1920, steroids as well?

my point is when there is more money and interest in the sport then there is more participation and competition so the players are better, i guarantee you would say the same thing if i argue that wilt chamberlain, kareem and bill russell were better than jordan, because they all are if you look at it on paper

schumacher would destroy the 1950's F1 field, serena williams right now as a pregnant woman would rape margaret court 6-0 4-0* (*margaret court quits and blames an injury), lebron is a better basketball player and person than jordan, durant is better than jordan, the bulldogs right now would defeat the dragons 11 in a row team by 56-4, usain bolt would win the 100m sprint by maybe 20m in 1900, ive never even heard of the guy you mentioned but klitschko would defeat both tyson and ali, steph curry is better than reggie miller and all the swimming world records have been set in the last 10 years

jordan is only better than lebron if you adjust for inflation

Shumacher is the GOAT, Usain Bolt is the GOAT, Michael Jordan is the GOAT, Maradona is the GOAT. The decade they played in had nothing to do with it.