NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol no defence? Tell me more. How many teams have won the chip over the last 2 decades with bad defence?

LeBron has always been on strong teams? He carried a bunch of scrubs to the finals in 07. Not until Miami where he actually had a supporting cast and that's only been the last 6 years (incl 2 years in cleveland to date). One thing about all those teams is regardless how good they are, they go as far as Lebron takes them.
I dislike how much hate Lebron cops, when clearly he is on track to be the greatest, if not on par with Jordan. By the time Lebrons career is done his individual numbers will be better than Jordan, yet people will still probably fall back on the rings (if he doesn't get 6), which is not fair.

Will be funny when Lebron retires and how bad the league becomes without him. Appreciate his greatness while he's here. Don't hate.
Couldn't have said it better myself malla. Spot on with everything.

No one can doubt jordans scoring ability. But people forget it took him a long long time to get to a NBA final. Not only did lebron start in the NBA at a younger age he carried some teams on his shoulders and has never lost a first round play off. Says a lot about his professionalism. He has more sweeps then Duncan too now which shows he knows how to win and close series out.

It's impossible to compare eras and players. Without a doubt lebron is the best in his era. Not only does he have the numbers and performances to back him up. But he has gotten through almost every single season for 13 years without major injury, which speaks volumes about his athleticism and his professionalism. The guy runs private boot camps during preseasons with his team mates. He watches hours and hours of footage of himself, his team mates and his opponents.

Really hope he can get his 6 rings just to be on par with Jordan in that regards. I don't he will and I don't think he has the legs to carry the team for 3-4 more years as the main man, but hopefully he can get some support players around him. The guy was on the court for the most mins this season. He is 33 in December so it's crazy for him to still be putting out such high mins.

Not sure if the cavs have what it takes to knock off the west if they make the final. But his form and especially his 3 point shooting these play offs have been phenomenal. Ok his opponents haven't been anything of note. But his dominance in the games has been unreal to watch. I think he had a hand in over 50% of the points against Toronto. Crazy numbers.

In my books as an all round player (scoring, assisting), as a forward, as a player that can guard 1-5 as a athlete I haven't seen anyone else do what he has done for as long as he has done. For his size he should not be doing what he does. He should not be ripping no look passes or playing with such finess.

I grew up idolising Jordan. Without him I wouldn't follow NBA. But I have appreciated what lebron has done so much. Especially being older now and watching him come through from a 18 year old high school kid into a global superstar I feel like I have been privledged to have witnessed him.

Definitely agree that NBA will be a dud league without him. They will be desperate for some new superstars to come through soon. We have been lucky to witness 2 once in a generation players come through so close to each other (Jordan and lebron).

Malla

Reaction score
You know the year Jordan left Basketball to play baseball .. .the Bulls season record was 2 games short of their record the previous season with Jordan there and they were a game away from playing the finals.

Also laughable people think Jordan had stiffer competition... Lebron is winning chips through the super team era. He overcame the big 3 in Boston, he overcame the big 3 in San Antonio, he overcame the team with the greatest reg season record in history. Jordan had better competition lol I dont wanna hear it.

Beldig

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you were writing a screenplay about a superstar basketball player and you used jordans career as the model, the movie execs would throw the script back in your face and tell you that it was too unbelievable.
It's almost as if people need to try and bring jordan down a level or two just because they can't fathom a world in which an athlete like that existed.
It isn't about what Lebron can do to surpass Jordan, it's about what he can't undo, and that is the 2 Finals losses that nobody can make excuses for him about.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know the year Jordan left Basketball to play baseball .. .the Bulls season record was 2 games short of their record the previous season with Jordan there and they were a game away from playing the finals.

Also laughable people think Jordan had stiffer competition... Lebron is winning chips through the super team era. He overcame the big 3 in Boston, he overcame the big 3 in San Antonio, he overcame the team with the greatest reg season record in history. Jordan had better competition lol I dont wanna hear it.
Do you listen to Cowherd or Nick Wright?

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant remember the play offs being this boring cant wait for warriors v cavs tho should be able to make up for all this trash

Malla

Reaction score
If you were writing a screenplay about a superstar basketball player and you used jordans career as the model, the movie execs would throw the script back in your face and tell you that it was too unbelievable.
It's almost as if people need to try and bring jordan down a level or two just because they can't fathom a world in which an athlete like that existed.
It isn't about what Lebron can do to surpass Jordan, it's about what he can't undo, and that is the 2 Finals losses that nobody can make excuses for him about.
jordan can't undo 8 years of failure before even making the finals lol

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
None. Jalen and Jacoby all the way haha I used to like Coherd but couldn't cop his Westbrook hate lol
Yeah I'll skip him talking about Westbrook but I really like his analysis in general. Can't cop SAS or Skip and Shannon

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah I'll skip him talking about Westbrook but I really like his analysis in general. Can't cop SAS or Skip and Shannon
Yeah he is usually very subjective. I like J&J because they are just that...always analyse without bias.

Malla

Reaction score
Broussard is damn good too
His podcast is awesome... just has an annoying tone at times, but what he's trying to do I like.

Im sure you listen to Bill Simmons. Celtic bias aside, he's probably the best in the business. Actually he isn't biased about the Celtics, he just talks about them so much lol but he's probably my favourite.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol golden state getting blown out so they decide to play dirty to finish off kawhi's injured ankle

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
dont worry its not over even if kawhi cant play, spurs will play harder now

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If LeBron beats this Warriors team he will surpass Jordan for me. He will finish his career with more points, assists, rebounds as well as beating 2-3 superteams, something Jordan never done.

Malla

Reaction score
Not over. Pop can prepare without Kawhi - lucky thing for him is he has someone like Simmons who is as versatile as Kawhi, not as good but can still do Kawhi things.

Still expect Warriors to win from here. 5/6 games.