NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Malla

Reaction score
OKC and Rockets would both be issues for the warriors. Bit rich for them to say they are feeling fatigued. What can Lebron say about 7 straight finals. So not only 82 games season but add another 5 best of 7 series on top of that. Bit rich they are looking for recruits too :p lol they have 2 top 5 players, 4 all stars. And they want to strengthen their team :joycat:

Anyways I wouldn't say I will be surprised if they make the final again, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get knocked out before the conference final either. The way OKC and the rockets play, with their big men, their speed and their shooting. Much more balanced then the warriors who's only option is hit 3s of get KD to dominate the paint. OKC and Rockets have the fire power to match the 3pt game but have an inside game and rim defence that would worry a smaller warriors line up.
There's only one reason why they would be trying to sign Bradley and that's to keep him away from OKC, otherwise they don't need him and it's absolute rubbish to say they need to strengthen their bench. They are top heavy and made that choice when they signed KD.

Only reason why I think OKC have a better chance is because they play bully ball and are much better defensively than Houston. If Houston aren't hitting their shots they have no hope. OKC can win in multiple ways and it starts with their defence. Last night Adams, PG and Russ were bullying Warriors inside. I actually think had Adams not been in foul trouble early they probably would have won by 30. They have no answer to Adams.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Not pointless. Coming out party for Simmons I think - he's on the up
if you look at the standings it's 1.5 games between 1st or 8th pick, which could be the difference between a star or stuck in mediocity. We missed out on embiid by 1 spot (doesn't help that cleveland jumped to the no.1 spot) and missed out on pozingis by 1 spot (who hennigan wanted to pick) so we need someone like trae or ayton especially how this team is built. I understand players don't want to lose and there's a bit of luck involved but atm just frustrates me to no end half arsing it

Malla

Reaction score
if you look at the standings it's 1.5 games between 1st or 8th pick, which could be the difference between a star or stuck in mediocity. We missed out on embiid by 1 spot (doesn't help that cleveland jumped to the no.1 spot) and missed out on pozingis by 1 spot (who hennigan wanted to pick) so we need someone like trae or ayton especially how this team is built. I understand players don't want to lose and there's a bit of luck involved but atm just frustrates me to no end half arsing it
Thats true but I reckon anything in the top 10 this year is gold - this draft class is unbelievable and much better than last year - Trae young isn't even projected top 5 so that says something. I think Trae would be perfect for Magic. They haven't had a scoring PG since Hardaway lol

I like Magic, I reckon with Gordon and Simmons they can build something in the east - both good perimeter defenders and extremely athletic plus Gordon improved so much from the perimeter and mid-range. Put a good PG and ball handler there and they're easily a play-off team in the east. They already have inside presence too.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Thats true but I reckon anything in the top 10 this year is gold - this draft class is unbelievable and much better than last year - Trae young isn't even projected top 5 so that says something. I think Trae would be perfect for Magic. They haven't had a scoring PG since Hardaway lol

I like Magic, I reckon with Gordon and Simmons they can build something in the east - both good perimeter defenders and extremely athletic plus Gordon improved so much from the perimeter and mid-range. Put a good PG and ball handler there and they're easily a play-off team in the east. They already have inside presence too.
We also have isaac who's basically been one of the few that can or willing to defend but just needs to put on a few KGs. I think they are basically the only guys that wouldn't be traded atm

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Danny Ainge is a genius. Gets Kyrie and now the Cavs have traded I.T lol

Malla

Reaction score
Danny Ainge is a genius. Gets Kyrie and now the Cavs have traded I.T lol
Not really - Cavs are the geniuses here man

They basically flipped Kyrie for Hill, Nance, Clarkson and Hood - that's pretty fkn amazing. They are automatically the best in the East now with that team.

While Boston are probably chuffed they got Kyrie, this just shows what they could have got with IT and their asset(s). Ainge sitting on those draft picks is going to cost him.

Malla

Reaction score
AND they managed that even with IT having a bung hip.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really - Cavs are the geniuses here man

They basically flipped Kyrie for Hill, Nance, Clarkson and Hood - that's pretty fkn amazing. They are automatically the best in the East now with that team.

While Boston are probably chuffed they got Kyrie, this just shows what they could have got with IT and their asset(s). Ainge sitting on those draft picks is going to cost him.
Amazing? Really.

Do you think they are better than when Kyrie was there?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Cavs are worse than they were and Boston better but somehow the Cavs are geniuses?

OK agree to disagree.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And seriously before Kyrie wanted to leave and you put that scenario to the Cavs fans trade Kyrie for those four they would laugh in your face.

Malla

Reaction score
And seriously before Kyrie wanted to leave and you put that scenario to the Cavs fans trade Kyrie for those four they would laugh in your face.
Thats true, but that isn't the case and if Kyrie wanted to stay they wouldnt have had to trade. End of the day they flipped Kyrie for what they got which imo was genius.

Boston aren't geniuses here lol

I've learnt tho anything that relates to Lebron you disagree with because you are a hater ;)

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats true, but that isn't the case and if Kyrie wanted to stay they wouldnt have had to trade. End of the day they flipped Kyrie for what they got which imo was genius.

Boston aren't geniuses here lol

I've learnt tho anything that relates to Lebron you disagree with because you are a hater ;)
I'm not being a hater here lmao. It's just facts Kyrie better than those four players. End of story. Boston traded a bung IT and Crowder with whatever else and got a superstar, while the Cavs ended up having to trade that trash for four OK players lol.

It only looks good to you LBJ lovers because they were so terrible. Again one team ended up with a superstar the other got some bench players and a few decent players.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
people act as if the cavs miss kyrie when they really miss delly

1) cavs won more games in the year delly played more minutes than kyrie because of injury
2) boston was number 1 seed last year
3) cleveland were bad last year as well
4) the bucks are rising with delly

Malla

Reaction score
I'm not being a hater here lmao. It's just facts Kyrie better than those four players. End of story. Boston traded a bung IT and Crowder with whatever else and got a superstar, while the Cavs ended up having to trade that trash for four OK players lol.

It only looks good to you LBJ lovers because they were so terrible. Again one team ended up with a superstar the other got some bench players and a few decent players.
Kyrie is better than those 4 players of course - I never said he wasn't, but the fact he wanted out and they managed to flip him (through IT and Crowder) for what they got, that's genius. As a Basketball fan (not a Lebron hater) you should appreciate that.

Kyrie wanted out, nothing you can do about that. Probably did him a favour for trading as opposed to making him stick with it.

I'm no LBJ lover, just a basketball fan.

Malla

Reaction score
people act as if the cavs miss kyrie when they really miss delly

1) cavs won more games in the year delly played more minutes than kyrie because of injury
2) boston was number 1 seed last year
3) cleveland were bad last year as well
4) the bucks are rising with delly
Delly was perfect for Cavs cause his game was perfect with Lebron.