The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too. At mid wicket. Also took a wicket off the second ball this season after having 8 years off. After bowling 8 over straight I was walking around like Steady Eddie for 3 days...
Nice. We have a bloke who hasnt played in 22 years and he scored 66 in his first innings of the season.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't you hate it when you are all psyched up for batting, you make sure your pads etc are all properly done up, you do your stretches and go out and when you get your chance the first ball goes right through you into the stumps and you wonder wtf just happened. You give the bowler a "Can I have another go?" look and then trudge off doing the walk of shame infront of your mates who are all taking the piss outta you.

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you hate it when you are all psyched up for batting, you make sure your pads etc are all properly done up, you do your stretches and go out and when you get your chance the first ball goes right through you into the stumps and you wonder wtf just happened. You give the bowler a "Can I have another go?" look and then trudge off doing the walk of shame infront of your mates who are all taking the piss outta you.
I've had that feeling only once. I was out the 2nd ball of a hattrick.

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bahaha South Africa A bowled a near full strength England side out for 89 off 17.3 overs, Alistar Cook top scored with 22.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bahaha South Africa A bowled a near full strength England side out for 89 off 17.3 overs, Alistar Cook top scored with 22.
LMAO, terrible.

But did you see the pitch. It was swinging like crazy, seaming, spinning and had snakes in it. Pathetic pitch to play a T20 on. No chance for big hitting. SA A almost got done aswell. Most of their runs were edges.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
LMAO, terrible.

But did you see the pitch. It was swinging like crazy, seaming, spinning and had snakes in it. Pathetic pitch to play a T20 on. No chance for big hitting. SA A almost got done aswell. Most of their runs were edges.
well that makes me feel a little better lol

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wash out tonight in India. Can't say i'm too concerned as there's no way that Holland or Cockley had earned the rights to wear the green and gold tonight.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
Wash out tonight in India. Can't say i'm too concerned as there's no way that Holland or Cockley had earned the rights to wear the green and gold tonight.
That is one way of looking at it....... But with so many ODI's and T20's being played now they need young blokes to be thrown in.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Test team pretty much selected

Read this - http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,26342830-23209,00.html

Surprised it is not more headline news. Hildritch pretty much says who is going to make the test cut.

Looks like Hussey keeps his place and there will be no room for Lee or Hughes.

Given the quality of opposition this year I dare say Lee's career in Test cricket could be over if he does not make the starting lineup of the first test or if there isn't an injury.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Confirmed - Lee is out of contention for the first test due to his elbow injury preventing him playing for his states side.

Surely, given the quality of opposition and the lack of need to change a winning side, that has to be the end of his test career perhaps ?

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott and Tuffey picked for tour opener
Cricinfo staff
November 15, 2009

New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has named a 12-man squad to face Pakistan in a three-day warm-up game in Queenstown starting November 18. The squad will be captained by Grant Elliott, who has recovered from his thumb injury, and includes a fit Daryl Tuffey and Test hopefuls Tim McIntosh and Daniel Flynn.

Elliott and Tuffey, who suffered injuries during the ICC Champions Trophy, were ruled out of the ODI and Twenty20 series against Pakistan in the UAE. Mark Greatbatch, a national selector, said the match would provide a good opportunity for them and several other New Zealand players.

McIntosh and Flynn were a part of New Zealand's disappointing Test tour of Sri Lanka earlier this year and did not fare too well in tough conditions and against quality pace and spin. Craig Cumming, who scored a century in the first round of the Plunket Shield this week, has been included as well. Cumming, 34, played the last of his 11 Tests in January 28.

"Grant Elliott and Daryl Tuffey have recovered well from injuries received at the Champions Trophy in South Africa," said Greatbatch. "They have been playing domestic cricket and this will be a further solid workout for them. There are also a few players who are knocking on the door for selection at the top level - and they will get a good opportunity to test themselves against a strong touring side."

Pakistan are due to arrive in New Zealand on Sunday and commence a series of three Tests, the first of which will be played in Dunedin from November 24.

New Zealand Invitation XI squad: Grant Elliott (capt), Craig Cumming, Tim McIntosh, BJ Watling, Daniel Flynn, James Franklin, Reece Young (wk), Daryl Tuffey, Tarun Nethula, Tim Southee, Iain O'Brien, Brent Arnel.

Source: www.cricinfo.com

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Confirmed - Lee is out of contention for the first test due to his elbow injury preventing him playing for his states side.

Surely, given the quality of opposition and the lack of need to change a winning side, that has to be the end of his test career perhaps ?
wouldnt say its over, he still is our best test bowler going around, i dont care how well Johnson has played, he showed in England that he also is human and when not in form can get smashed around the park.

D

dogs_4 lyf

When both in form Lee is way better. Johnson has been poor for a couple of months now and really needs to get his act together. He bowled against Tasmania on the weekend and bowled well i thought.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah agree with the above two but you have to look at the mentality of the selectors.

Lee has broken down a lot over the past year and at 33 they will most likely have an eye to the future. Lee is a big drawcard in the shorter forms of the game and easily the most marketable player for Australia in India (bollywood appearances and songs). The selectors may think thats where his speciality, given his age, may now lie.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
When both in form Lee is way better. Johnson has been poor for a couple of months now and really needs to get his act together. He bowled against Tasmania on the weekend and bowled well i thought.
Spoke to soon darling, Lee re-injured his elbow. He should start to think of hanging up the baggy green!

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nooooooo breeeet :(

He'll be there second match. Hilfenhaus will fail in Aus imo. No swing, therefore no Hilfy.

Johnson
Siddle
Hauritz
Lee

When fit, that should be the bowling attack.

For the first match id go with :

Johnson
Hauritz
Siddle
Clark

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Star studded NSW team lost to Tasmania the other day. Jaques, Clarke, Clark, Lee, Haddin, Hughes, Warner and Katich all played. Smith top scored with 81 from something like 58 or 68 balls. Tasmania won by 6 wickets.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
News just in Lee needs surgery on his elbow.

Hes out for the summer home series.

His test career is over for sure you would think.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
I am currently watching THE MOST BRUTAL display of attacking cricket from a batsman of any generation. Virender Sehwag is totally murdering a Sri Lankan bowling line-up that is ranked 2nd in the world.

India 1/400 off 69 overs, in reply to 393.

Sehwag 262 off 214 balls. 37 4's and 7 6's. Absolute domination.

If he gets to 300 by stumps which is 12 overs to go, he has the entire day 3 to get as much runs as he can and the way he's hitting them he could nail 500.