The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Starc still has the second best strike rate of any aus bowler in test cricket over 100 wickets...when he gets it right he’s the best fast bowler in the world. He’s just been a bit off lately which is frustrating
Only difference is that he hasn't been mopping up tails lately. He's made a test career out of effectively mopping up tails. I'd love to see the stats - I reckon his test average against top 6 batsmen would be between 40 and 50, and would account for less than half of his overall wickets.

I could name 10 better current fast bowlers who are better than him at their best.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Only difference is that he hasn't been mopping up tails lately. He's made a test career out of effectively mopping up tails. I'd love to see the stats - I reckon his test average against top 6 batsmen would be between 40 and 50, and would account for less than half of his overall wickets.

I could name 10 better current fast bowlers who are better than him at their best.
starc.png

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rabada, Cummins, Bumrah, Steyn, Boult, Anderson, Hazelwood, Philander, Abbas, Roach.

I'd take any of those 10 over Starc.
I guess most of them th their best would be better than Starc in a form slump :grinning: , including the 51 year old Jimmy Anderson (i'm saying this before he probably bloody well destroys us in August)...

(TBF, I actually had to re look up Kemar Roach's figures - better than I remember him).

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess most of them th their best would be better than Starc in a form slump :grinning: , including the 51 year old Jimmy Anderson (i'm saying this before he probably bloody well destroys us in August)...

(TBF, I actually had to re look up Kemar Roach's figures - better than I remember him).
Roach is definitely underrated/forgotten when talking about the world's best fast bowlers atm. His record is even more impressive when you consider the fact that the majority of his bowling has been done on lifeless wickets.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
WILL STOINIS PLAY ANYMORE BBL GAMES???

I literally could not care less about any other form of cricket other than Big Bash and i need to know if the GOAT will play anymore or should i trade him...

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well he has only been called into the squad for the last test match at this stage, it is not known if he will play, it will depend on what they make of the wicket, if it is a flat wicket he will very likely play. If he doesn't make the team i don't think they will bother making him 12th man or anything so i would guess if that happens he would return to the bbl. If he does make the team, the test is between feb 1-5, after that there is a T20/ODI tour of india kicking off on feb 24th

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do I keep him in the team or no? Only have an hour or so left to decide lol.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
shit i think i am late lol ... mate it is 50/50 , i have a feeling they wouldn't have called him into the squad and dropped renshaw out of the squad if he wasn't going to be playing but who really knows

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if he was in the test, how many games would he miss between now and feb 5? i didn't look at the bbl schedule.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Aussies already 2 wkts down?!!!
Ussie is in BIG trouble for ashes selection.
Harris another poor shot after a start.
And paine won the toss haha!

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Khawaja is a shot duck and although he has played quiet well I am not sold on Labuschagne.

Warner should come straight back in to open with Harris or Burns.

Probably prefer a top 4 of

Warner
Harris
Burns
Smith.

Thoughts?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Khawaja is a shot duck and although he has played quiet well I am not sold on Labuschagne.

Warner should come straight back in to open with Harris or Burns.

Probably prefer a top 4 of

Warner
Harris
Burns
Smith.

Thoughts?
I'd still back Khawaja for the Ashes, he's still the best equipped player technically against the moving ball. Just needs to sharpen up mentally.

I'd go with;

1. Warner
2. Burns
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head
6. Patterson/Pucovski/Stoinis (dependant on form/conditions)

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd still back Khawaja for the Ashes, he's still the best equipped player technically against the moving ball. Just needs to sharpen up mentally.

I'd go with;

1. Warner
2. Burns
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head

That’s a fair argument.
Somehow I just don’t feel confident with Khawaja at 3.
He needs to improve against spin for a start

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd go with;

1. Warner
2. Burns
3. Khawaja
4. Smith
5. Head
This for sure. Patterson at 6. The kid has all the talent in the world.

Pucovski is a huge talent but struggling off the field

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How great was it seeing Patterson's proud parents?

Just wishesd they didn't declare so early.