The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Warner should have been sacked years ago.

He is toxic to the team.

Smith should be fined big time for throwing the leadership group under the bus, when it looks like it was Warner who came up with the idea.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hahaha what a joke.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So renshaw, maxwell and joe burns will be replacing smith, warner & bancroft for the last test.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What are backroom staff and why would they be sacked.

In any case, Lehman hasn't been sacked, so this is BS.
I don't get why people are putting pressure on lehman, if 3 players sneak off into a corner and conjure up some utterly ridiculous plan to tamper with the ball, how is this lehman's fault?

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get why people are putting pressure on lehman, if 3 players sneak off into a corner and conjure up some utterly ridiculous plan to tamper with the ball, how is this lehman's fault?
Because, at best, he is incompetent for allowing it to happen or because he fostered the toxic dressing room environment and “win at any cost” attitude among the players ........

.....but most likely because he looked guilty AF on TV using the walkie talkie tp communicate with the 12th man, when TV cameras first picked up Bancroft rubbing the ball. He even hid his mouth so cameras couldn’t read his lips.

Also, he looked like a weasel by remaining silent while his players were publicly hung out to dry.

Also by it is inconceivable that he was not part of the “leadership group”

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because, at best, he is incompetent for allowing it to happen or because he fostered the toxic dressing room environment and “win at any cost” attitude among the players ........

.....but most likely because he looked guilty AF on TV using the walkie talkie tp communicate with the 12th man, when TV cameras first picked up Bancroft rubbing the ball. He even hid his mouth so cameras couldn’t read his lips.

Also, he looked like a weasel by remaining silent while his players were publicly hung out to dry.

exactly this.

Lehman is the coach , even if he is not involved (which is an absolute BS given the video footage and the nervous guilty look on his face during the phone call to 12th man) , it happened under his watch.

If players are getting a year ban, lehman deserves some too.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah he may have harboured a toxic dressing room but how on earth do you know what he said into the walkie talkie? He may have seen the footage and was raging wtf are they doing? He could have said anything, who knows, i know you and i certainly don't because we were not there.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
exactly this.

Lehman is the coach , even if he is not involved (which is an absolute BS given the video footage and the nervous guilty look on his face during the phone call to 12th man) , it happened under his watch.

If players are getting a year ban, lehman deserves some too.
why was the south African coach not sacked for the multiple times players got caught under his watch for ball tampering? Why was the indian coach not sacked when tendulkar or dravid were both sanctioned for ball tampering? This list could go on and on....The video footage is hardly evidence, it could have easily been shock as much as it was guilt, how would you know?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
why was the south African coach not sacked for the multiple times players got caught under his watch for ball tampering? Why was the indian coach not sacked when tendulkar or dravid were both sanctioned for ball tampering? This list could go on and on....The video footage is hardly evidence, it could have easily been shock as much as it was guilt, how would you know?

I am not asking for any ones sacking if you have been reading what I have been saying on this topic.

but considering 3 players are going to be banned for a year and may avoid the firing squad for this incident, Lehman has been let off very lightly.

Lehman is absolutely part of it given he is the coach and should cop the same punishment as others.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he may have harboured a toxic dressing room but how on earth do you know what he said into the walkie talkie? He may have seen the footage and was raging wtf are they doing? He could have said anything, who knows, i know you and i certainly don't because we were not there.
This. It is completely conceivable that the first time he saw what was going on was on the screen along with everyone else.

Plus as I mentioned somewhere else, a coach's role in a cricket team is very different to, say a footy team. Whilst a coach is big on strategy and training etc, once a cricket game is underway, stuff on the field is under control of the captain.

Cricket Australia has no incentive to sack Warner, Smith and Bancroft and leave Lehman unharmed if he was in the thick it.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This. It is completely conceivable that the first time he saw what was going on was on the screen along with everyone else.

Plus as I mentioned somewhere else, a coach's role in a cricket team is very different to, say a footy team. Whilst a coach is big on strategy and training etc, once a cricket game is underway, stuff on the field is under control of the captain.

Cricket Australia has no incentive to sack Warner, Smith and Bancroft and leave Lehman unharmed if he was in the thick it.
Yeah i just don't see the point why CA would go easy on lehman if they had any evidence of him been involved in this, he is going to retire soonish anyway and it's actually a fairly convenient time right now to be changing the coach because we don't have another test for ages (as you pointed yesterday). CA did mention they are reviewing the whole culture thing so he still could very well be given the boot.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i just don't see the point why CA would go easy on lehman if they had any evidence of him been involved in this, he is going to retire soonish anyway and it's actually a fairly convenient time right now to be changing the coach because we don't have another test for ages (as you pointed yesterday). CA did mention they are reviewing the whole culture thing so he still could very well be given the boot.
And there is a suitable replacement in Langer waiting in the wings, and the next test for 6 months starts in 2 days. There is virtually no incentive to spare Lehman.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
My 2 cents:

Warner should never be picked for the national team ever again. He is a cancer much like Hayne is.

With rumours going around that Warner was the instigator and Smith knew about it but didn't stop it from happening he will lose the captaincy. I feel he will be back for the aussie summer at the latest. I'll be shocked if it's a 1 year ban.

Bancroft will get a few test matches at the max but he will probably be dropped anyways.

I can't believe Lehman has got off.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith and Warner have both been given 12 months suspension..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does that mean Candice Warner will now have to work.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Also means both can't play in the IPL this $eason either