The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot recall being in a better position after day one when batting first. Quality all round great to see Usman get his ton.
would almost have to go back to 2002, after England sent the Aussies in at the Gabba. 2-364 following centuries by Matthew Hayden and Ricky Ponting.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I cannot recall being in a better position after day one when batting first. Quality all round great to see Usman get his ton.
Score would have even higher if nz weren't so slow with the bowling rate (only 88 overs were bowled).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I live about 11km from the Gabba as the crow flies.

Looking south it doesn't look too bad. But there is definitely a rain "smell" around.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ok i spoke a bit soon.

Trivia: Australia is 6 runs shy of the biggest 4th innings chase of all time.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is raining over my house. but i think we will get more play soon

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
would almost have to go back to 2002, after England sent the Aussies in at the Gabba. 2-364 following centuries by Matthew Hayden and Ricky Ponting.
Either you know your cricket really well or you have been listening to the commentary team cause they made the exact same comment. Surely it is the first cause I for one can't stand the commentary team. I think the only ones I can tolerate is Mark Nicholas, Hussey and Lee. The others are useless live way too much in the past and only want to talk about themselves and what they did when they were playing!!!

Kiwis getting raped
Haha I think that is an understatement and a half. Would be a record chase if they were to get there! Even getting close would be a record. This almost makes up for our world cup defeat in the union

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either you know your cricket really well or you have been listening to the commentary team cause they made the exact same comment. Surely it is the first cause I for one can't stand the commentary team. I think the only ones I can tolerate is Mark Nicholas, Hussey and Lee. The others are useless live way too much in the past and only want to talk about themselves and what they did when they were playing!!!

Haha I think that is an understatement and a half. Would be a record chase if they were to get there! Even getting close would be a record. This almost makes up for our world cup defeat in the union
That test was one of my favourites lol, Haydo made 197 and 103 in the match and Punter scored a century too..it was the test where Harmison bowled a mega wide it ended up at 2nd slip

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Warne v Tendulkar all stars thingy from New York this morning?

I only caught the last 15 minutes or so.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone see the Warne v Tendulkar all stars thingy from New York this morning?

I only caught the last 15 minutes or so.
Nah i dont have Gem, would have been good to watch though. Warney got out Lara and Tendulker

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That test was one of my favourites lol, Haydo made 197 and 103 in the match and Punter scored a century too..it was the test where Harmison bowled a mega wide it ended up at 2nd slip
That wasn't 2002 that was 06. Was just after they had cleaned us up back in England and everyone said they would come out to Australia and destroy us. I saw that first ball and I knew that we were gonna smash them. And boy did we ever smash them. One of my favourite test series. Always love a good whitewash especially against the poms!!!

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That wasn't 2002 that was 06. Was just after they had cleaned us up back in England and everyone said they would come out to Australia and destroy us. I saw that first ball and I knew that we were gonna smash them. And boy did we ever smash them. One of my favourite test series. Always love a good whitewash especially against the poms!!!
Oh yea 02 was when Simon Jones hurt himself, 06 was awesome, luckily i was at the SCG to see McGrath, Warne and Langer all play their last test

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure whether I enjoy smashing new Zealand or getting a bit bored by it.

It's only going to get worse v Windies.