The Consolidated Boxing Thread

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard on the radio today that Danny Green will fight Paul Briggs. Briggs has been retired for about 3 years or so, so will be interesting to see how he goes. Not sure when or where the fight is.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good win for Cotto. I'm stoked with it.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Carlos Aden Jerez.....

What a gun.

Where's the mungbean supporters?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anthony Mundine says he is the only man who can defeat Floyd Mayweather
By Adrian Warren
June 03, 2010 Anthony Mundine has ambitiously declared he's the only man who can beat the world's best pound-for-pound fighter Floyd Mayweather.

Mundine, who has won world title belts at middleweight and super middleweight, will fight Jorge Danial Miranda for the WBA International junior middleweight title on June 30 at Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

Miranda (36-8, 13 KOs) hardly looms as a major challenge, particularly if Mundine wants to prepare properly for the sublimely skilled Mayweather, who has recently been campaigning a division down at welterweight.

Mundine has reiterated his goal of becoming the first fighter to win world titles in three divisions going down in weight.

He was originally scheduled to fight fellow Sydneysider Robert Medley for the IBO light middleweight title last January, but the bout was shifted to middleweight.

Reports at the time suggested Mundine was having trouble making the weight, though his team's official line was that it had issues with the IBO.

“My main goal and my reborn focus is to fight one man and that man is Floyd Mayweather,'' Mundine said in Brisbane Thursday.

“I want to be the best pound-for-pound in the world. I'm really starting to realise my potential, starting to realise what I can achieve, I want to be the best.”

“There's only one man who can beat Floyd and that's me. I know that because I fight like him.''

Rugby league star turned rugby union player Sonny Bill Williams, who made his professional boxing debut on a Mundine undercard last year, will have another contest on the June 30 promotion.

His opponent is yet to be named.

Williams, who is now with French rugby club Toulon and is being courted by the New Zealand Rugby Union, scored a second round knockout over Garry Gurr on his debut last May.

“I love boxing and am extremely grateful of “Chock” (Mundine) for giving me a chance to feature on his card - I've incorporated boxing into my rugby training in Toulon,” Williams said.
HaHa Mayweather would make Bumdine his *****.i'm sick of him talkin the talk about "Named" fighters then going and fighting a "Never Was" Joe Blow.really,if u think ur that good then go do it...but this fight will never happen cuz Bumdine will find another bum to fight insted.

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
HaHa Mayweather would make Bumdine his *****.i'm sick of him talkin the talk about "Named" fighters then going and fighting a "Never Was" Joe Blow.really,if u think ur that good then go do it...but this fight will never happen cuz Bumdine will find another bum to fight insted.
this article is easily the most ridiculous thing ive heard in boxing...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol at foxsports news saying that mundine is the first boxer to win 3 world titles in a downward fashion weight wise

so the WBA international title is a world title now

ok so here is the list of world titles

WBC
WBA
IBF
IBO
WBO
WBA International
WBC International

so apparently now we have 7 world champions in a division

why not add IBU, WBF, IBA, IBC, WPBF and EBF and have 13 world champions ffs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oh no it wasnt rigged because now rjj lost he wont fight hopkins

LOL
LOL roy jones received a modified deal

you can bet that that means the green loss cost him millions of dollars in the negotiations

you dont understand anything:whacky:
yes but the fight is going ahead

plus i cant recall the part of the article which says he is going to lose millions, if you use everyones logic at the time he is actually making millions because according to the experts he wasnt going to fight hopkins now he is.

infact i do recall a part that says rjj can make more money depending on ppv subscriptions, and that the knockout clause still exists

still no word on the split
oh so tell me you think jones will be in a position to demand a good share of the purse now?

tell me you think that this fight will produce the same or similar ppv numbers as if jones had come in with after a couple of wins?

its common sense that he has suffered because of the loss
im not prepared to make assumtions from my lounge room in australia, allthough it appears that rjj will be making a nice penny from the fight.

I am just happy that the real fight went ahead.

on the contrary to what many kennel experts predicted.
the funny part is everyone was saying oh know rjj will lose millions because he wont fight hopkins.

now he is fighting hopkins but will still lose millions.
lol i was reading a few things about this fight and it reminded me about the argument we had earlier this year

http://www.badlefthook.com/event/4a066DrU

its about the details of the payment of the roy jones vs hopkins fight, and that roy jones would be getting nothing for fighting hopkins

roy jones signed a terrible deal that meant hopkins would receive the first $3.5M of fight revenue and jones would receive the next $3.5M, with the rest being split even

the problem for roy jones was that the fight didnt even make $3.5M, so jones got nothing

so i was right after all, thank you very much

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Oh noes a moth hit me I think i'll go down for a 10 count.

With the farcical bouts the Mundine camp come up with and now this boxing in OZ is a joke not worth paying 5c for a ticket.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
this was a joke to watch... who would pay this sort of crap?

Edgecrusher

Waterboy
Reaction score
When Desiree Washington was assaulted by Mike Tyson she apparently put up a fight for 5 minutes. That's four and a half minutes better than Briggs did tonight.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny can never say anything bad about Mundine's opponents again.... At least Mundine picks guys that can go 12 rounds.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Danny can never say anything bad about Mundine's opponents again.... At least Mundine picks guys that can go 12 rounds.
does he pick guys that can go 12 rounds, or do they go 12 rounds because mundine has nothing in his punches?

its like the chicken and the egg story

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks, Roddy. Now I feel like a chicken omelette.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Thanks, Roddy. Now I feel like a chicken omelette.
you should be glad that now you have something to crave

imagine if i didnt bring it up, you would be like a retard thinking of nothing