'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, Green just beat up another semi-retired boxer

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The biggest fight of the year so far guys. Mosley and Mayweather. I hope Mosley knocks him out. My prediction- Mosley by Split D.

Give me your prediction for this Sunday's fight guys.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
well mayweather won a clear decision

he is too good imo, pacquiao wont have a chance even if he is taking drugs

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the bloke is good... he is just not that exciting to watch... I agree he beats pacman

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great fight this week...if anyone can remember Paul Williams V Sergio Martinez fight of the year in Dec 09 and when Martinez was robbed to receive a draw against Cintron (after Cintron being counted out in the 7th); this fight this weekend shapes up to be a good one

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Man gets issued a serious international challenge by Olympic medallist

* James Hooper

ANTHONY Mundine has been called out to fight for the vacant WBA middleweight belt by an Olympic silver medallist from Kazakhstan. Will he 'Man up' or 'mouse out'?

All right Anthony, here's your chance. Ever since you ditched your footy boots for a pair of boxing gloves, we've repeatedly heard how you're "The Man'', you'll beat anyone, anywhere, you're the fastest, the greatest, the blah blah, etc.

Well, here's your chance to prove all us critics wrong.

A little-known boxer from Kazakhstan has called your bluff, promising to fight you in your own backyard and let your family be the judges. He's pledged to knock you out.

The fight will be for the vacant WBA middleweight world title belt, like the type you're always telling all of Australia you're seriously chasing.

So, after telling us all you're as good as Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Robinson and all the other iconic legends of the fight game you've compared yourself to in your mini-Muhammad Ali mimicking manner, The Daily Telegraph wants to issue you a challenge.

The good news, Anthony, is Golovkin is the No.2 WBA middleweight title contender and you'll get to fight for a middleweight world title belt, just like the type of title belts you're always bleating about being good enough to win in five different weight divisions.

The bad news is Golovkin might be born in Kazhakstan, but he's learned the fight craft in Europe, winning all 18 of his professional fights.

Worse still, in 15 of those fights he finished the evening inside the distance by knocking his opponent out.

And the icing on the cake, Golovkin might only have had 18 pro fights, but he won a silver medal in the 2004 Athens Olympics and boasts a wealth of ring smarts.

He's done all of his fighting, bar one bout in Denmark, in Germany, the same place where Sven Ottke landed that sweet left hook that knocked you out back in 2001.

Golovkin's advisor, Ivaylo Gotzev, has told fightnews.com: "We will fight Mundine on his home turf and win the title if he decides to show up. We don't care if we fight in his backyard.

"Let his family be the judges. When Gennady Golovkin hits him with either hand, nothing else will matter. He will knock Mundine out."

So come on Anthony. After all the ridiculous cases of foot-in-mouth disease where you've told us you're bigger than Don Bradman, Laurie Daley is running on old legs and Johnny Raper is yesterday's man, here's your shot to erase it all.

Bring a decent fight to Australia and beat a credible opponent.

Yes, you're the no.1 rated boxer in the WBA middleweight division right now. Guess what, Golovkin is no.2. If you're for real, you have to take this fight.

So. Are you a man or a mouse? Could this be the silence of ''The Man''?

Lets see if this sparrow comes out and actually does something instead of pretending to be better than he is at everything he does.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the pruse on that was $1.21M to be split 50 - 50, the purse bid was won by Top Rank and Epic Sports Management so they have all the rights to the fight... i doubt Mundine signs on for this although I hope he suprises us all...

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want Mundine V Sturm

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I want Mundine V Sturm
Sturm vacated the belt, I dont think he is fighting anymore or until he sorts out some sort of legal or promotional issues that he has.

This is why Mundine and Golovkin are suppose to fight for the vacant belt

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sturm vacated the belt, I dont think he is fighting anymore or until he sorts out some sort of legal or promotional issues that he has.

This is why Mundine and Golovkin are suppose to fight for the vacant belt
Yeah I know, but I'd love to see them two fight. Even now with Pavlik getting beat up like a rag-doll, wouldn't mind seeing Mundine giving him a beating.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
"Let his family be the judges"

lol i love that comment

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I know, but I'd love to see them two fight. Even now with Pavlik getting beat up like a rag-doll, wouldn't mind seeing Mundine giving him a beating.
Pavlik now decided he is moving up to 168 or even 175... he says he can't make 160 effectively anymore...
also he is not re-matching Martinez... Marinez should now rematch Williams at 154 or Cotto if he wins at 154

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its a dangerous fight for cotto but he needs it

its at the new yankee stadium as well which is interesting

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
its a dangerous fight for cotto but he needs it

its at the new yankee stadium as well which is interesting
Hopefully Cotto knocks the stuffing out of him. I respect Cotto as a fighter and a person. Met him in Vegas years back. Champion bloke.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Hopefully Cotto knocks the stuffing out of him. I respect Cotto as a fighter and a person. Met him in Vegas years back. Champion bloke.
he was my favourite fighter back then

i hope he bounces back because he has lost so much momentum because of the punk margarito

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
he was my favourite fighter back then

i hope he bounces back because he has lost so much momentum because of the punk margarito
Yeah true, and that he sacked his trainer Santiago and is now with Eddy Steward. Let's see how he goes at Jnr Middleweight.