The Club needs a Clean out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need a major clean out.
Our style of footy is not of a premiership team.
Our mix of players are too similar.
Tolman and Graham are too the same. Wanna be halves.
Eastwood is too predictable. Good in defense the same as Jackson.
Our hooker Liecha offers nothing compared to other hookers.
Kasiano tries hard but wants to be too fancy.
Our halves are playing restricted yet really they dont have any spontaneous instincs. They play too an act.
Our backline can finish a try but rarely create anything, more they get a result from poor opposition defence.
Finally the coach had a good resume but has not really made us better. Other teams are way more damaging.

We need one great hooker. One creative half and one big strong speedy centre and one old style hard prop to replace Tolman.

Thats just my opinion.

Mike Z

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Apart from the Sharks, every other Sydney team is below us on the ladder. Relax.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our halves are playing restricted yet really they dont have any spontaneous instincs. They play too an act.
Our backline can finish a try but rarely create anything, more they get a result from poor opposition defence.
Finally the coach had a good resume but has not really made us better. Other teams are way more damaging.

We need one great hooker. One creative half and one big strong speedy centre and one old style hard prop to replace Tolman.

Thats just my opinion.

Mike Z
Ok then. Heres your chance. If you're in charge of the clean out hypothetically speaking, name your squad and coach. Remember that you have to achieve better than what you already have.

Im happy with what we have.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our structure needs a revamp, i don't think we need a full on cleanout other than a few players being moved on and brought in.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we are fine at moment. Just need a replacement for Dorothy next year and maybe a new hooker. Last game no Hoppa. No Josh or Brett Morris, no Klemmer, no Jackson and Kasiano only lasted 10mins.

That the 6 best players in the team not playing. Looks how roosters went with their 6 best out.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we take out Salary cap cheats such as Broncos we are in the top 4

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Revamp our playing structure.

2. Dispose of Dorothy

3. Find another 1st grade backrower

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have severe curvature of the spine.
Addressing that would be a good start

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way some are carrying on... It's as if we just lost to the knights with a full team by 50 points.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Thats just my opinion.

Mike Z
/rant

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have severe curvature of the spine.
Addressing that would be a good start
Very true. Although it will probably require major surgery to remove Graham and Tolman. Also a psychiatrist to gently inform our super coach of the value of attack in Rugby League.

I'll set myself up for ridicule here and name the seventeen I would prefer:

1 Hopoate
2 Rona
3 J Morris
4 Mbye (Has played centre and has gone exceptionally well)
5 Perrett (Sam usually has a mistake free day out)
6 Reynolds
7 Chisholm (Not brilliant but will back himself. Has a good short kicking game)
8 Klemmer
9 Lichaa
10 Graham (For the defence aspect of his game + hit ups. No more captain should bring more mongrel)
11 Jackson
12 Eastwood (c)
13 Garvey (Very strong and tough defender. Only get smart with the ball if the occasion is there)
__________________________________________________________________________________
14 Kasiano
15 Faitala-Mariner
16 Fualalo
17 Elliott

Tolman and Browne? Personally I think they've become toothless Bulldogs
Holland? His goal kicking has now become sometimes great other times shit. As a player just not good enough as a first grade centre. I think that is why Josh Jackson was playing there against theb Roosters

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Very true. Although it will probably require major surgery to remove Graham and Tolman. Also a psychiatrist to gently inform our super coach of the value of attack in Rugby League.

1 Hopoate
2 Rona
3 J Morris
6 Reynolds
8 Klemmer
9 Lichaa
10 Graham (For the defence aspect of his game + hit ups. No more captain should bring more mongrel)
11 Jackson
12 Eastwood (c)
13 Garvey (Very strong and tough defender. Only get smart with the ball if the occasion is there)
__________________________________________________________________________________
14 Kasiano
15 Faitala-Mariner
16 Fualalo
17 Elliott

Holland? His goal kicking has now become sometimes great other times shit. As a player just not good enough as a first grade centre. I think that is why Josh Jackson was playing there against theb Roosters
You see Garveys attempt on Tapine yesterday? Send him back to St George with a 'thanks, but no thanks' note.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1 Hopoate
2 Rona
3 J Morris
6 Reynolds
8 Klemmer
9 Lichaa
11 Jackson
12 Eastwood (c)
14 Kasiano
15 Faitala-Mariner
16 Fualalo
17 Elliott

Garvey shouldn't be anywhere near our bench let alone a starting line up, has brain explosions and poor reads in defence unless he's in the middle.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You see Garveys attempt on Tapine yesterday? Send him back to St George with a 'thanks, but no thanks' note.
Garvey shouldn't be anywhere near our bench let alone a starting line up, has brain explosions and poor reads in defence unless he's in the middle.
Okay, that's Garvey sent to the gallows. :smiley: How about the rest of 'em?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure on wholesale changes, it's not like we are strugglers, but yeah, in terms of having a roster that is a genuine premiership contender, we don't have it. Our spine is still the issue, Hopoate (every 3rd week), Reynolds, Mybe and Lichaa are major concerns. How can you compare to Coote, Morgan, Thurston, Granville or Boyd, Hunt, Milford, McCullough or Slater, Green, Cronk, Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.