The Chelsea FC Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
'Relieved' Terry signs new deal
From correspondents in London
July 28, 2007 CHELSEA and England captain John Terry expressed his relief at signing a new five-year contract with the club overnight, after talks collapsed towards the end of last season.

Terry, who is now reported to be England's highest paid player on wages of around £130,000 ($308,000)-a-week, has been at the club since joining the youth system as a 14 year-old.

"I'm really happy this has now been concluded. There has been a lot of speculation but these things take time and I never had doubts that I wanted to stay at Chelsea and that the club wanted me to stay," said the centre-half, who had two years left of his contract, now superseded by the new one.

"I hope the fans can see that we are all trying to build something special here, both for now and for the future, and I want to be a part of that. I have been at Chelsea all my career and have the privilege of being captain.

"Now it's time to look forward to the new season which we are all very confident about.

Chelsea's chief executive Peter Kenyon echoed Terry's relief at the long-term commitment, which keeps the player at the club until 2012, and added: "This is an important day for Chelsea. This was the right deal for us and for John.

"As a club we are committed to try and keep our players together on long term deals and this was a natural progression from last season when other players also committed themselves for the long term.

"As captain, John is clearly a key player for Chelsea and also a great symbol of the club, so naturally we are pleased this has been agreed."

Terry was voted the club's player of the year for the 2001-02 season and has led the club to two Premier League titles, two League Cups and an FA Cup triumph.

With the Terry issue wrapped up there now remains the question mark over the futures of England international midfield player Frank Lampard and Dutch international winger Arjen Robben.

Lampard has two years left to run on his contract and Robben's anticipated move to Real Madrid still hangs in the balance.

Negotiations with the Dutch international over a new contract at Chelsea are understood to be at an impasse, with Real merely awaiting the green light from the Londoner before completing a transfer it has talked about for most of the (northern) summer.

Mourinho wants Lampard, who has been linked with Barcelona, to stay and will be hoping that Terry's decision can provide the initiative to follow suit before both players decide to move on.

Terry, 26, the England captain who has spent all his career at Chelsea, playing more than 300 games for the club, told its website: "I'm really happy this has now been concluded.

"There has been a lot of speculation but these things take time and I never had any doubts that I wanted to stay at Chelsea and that the club wanted me to stay."

Terry had just over two years on his old contract, which has now been superseded.

Reuters

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22148232-23215,00.html

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Chelsea are going to be gun this year!!! I treally think they have a good chance of winning the EPL.

DrHouse

Waterboy
Reaction score
Chelsea will win the EPL and the will go well in the CL
Go you Blues

Faz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

L

Licker

*****ing bump!*

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
barnsley's win against liverpool wasn't a fluke then. I feel much better then knocked out chelski now.

DrHouse

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm so happy we beat Arsenal.................Bring on Man U

Supremacy

Maz's Superman
Reaction score
LOL @ avram grumpy.

Chelsea FC should change their name to Roman FC

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this thread didnt turn out to be that Super after all

cmrn

can i buy a vowel please?
Reaction score
did you honestly expect anything from this thread??

DrHouse

Waterboy
Reaction score
Nothing super about chelsea...only cold hard cash
Nothing Super? We beat Manure, ARSEnal and next will be LiverPOO

Just a note Manure spent more money on players than any ther club in the EPL.................this season

Chelsea deserved the win they totally out played Manure...
Manure should of played there strongest side. A win would of won them the title and they put a team and performance like that?
I wouldn't be surprised if they drop more points.........and lose to Barca.....

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
I am happy chelsea won and i am a liverpool fan. Anything in a manchester united i hate hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.