The centre merry go round

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll cut straight to the point because this has been peeing me off all day.
The gronkos got James roberts
the rorters got dale copely
the parrascum got Michael Jennings
Womanly got Dylan walker
the merge got Timmy lafai and we got; drum roll please
william floppoate
its the first time I think we have helped parra and let them get one up on us in regards to recruitment.
i don't believe recruitment and retention team has performed at anywhere near a satisfactory level to compete for the title in the next 1-2 years minimum.
i hope I'm wrong.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree finchie our recruitment has been a disgrace ,we should have gone hard for james roberts,daniel tupou and sezar

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tupou and Rona would have formed an awesome wing combo for the next 5-6 years easily.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll cut straight to the point because this has been peeing me off all day.
The gronkos got James roberts
the rorters got dale copely
the parrascum got Michael Jennings
Womanly got Dylan walker
the merge got Timmy lafai and we got; drum roll please
william floppoate
its the first time I think we have helped parra and let them get one up on us in regards to recruitment.
i don't believe recruitment and retention team has performed at anywhere near a satisfactory level to compete for the title in the next 1-2 years minimum.
i hope I'm wrong.
I think it has to do with cost cutting, hoppa probably is paid the least out of all of them

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pathetic but we are still the envy of many clubs..

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopoate has always had talent and has a point to prove under a coach he respects. I am confident he will perform well this year.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We seem to buy a lot of lower grade players who everyone says are going to be stars then they end up being released. Its good that the club is trying to build a future but they need to think about now as well.

We missed out on some very good players in the last year who could have added a lot to the team.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Would've been happy with Jennings or walker instead of hopa.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I know a Parramatta Eels board member and he was making fun of Hoppa coming to The Dogs. They didnt want him. He also wouldnt let me forget loko.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would've been happy with Jennings or walker instead of hopa.
I would've even been happy with clint gutherson. But one thing is for sure with our recruitment. No matter how good you are on the field it comes down to how friendly you are with the coach.

I just hope hoppa has a big year, and we can be Sam perrett free soon. The guy (perrett) single handedly cost us 2-3 games last year, there is no other NRL team that will carry a player that is so under skilled in his position that opposition players run past his untouched. But only at the Bulldogs.

Hpefully Des pulls something out of his hat and we can be competitive this year because I have some concerns

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder what goes through Dessies head when he passes off gun players and signs the worst player on the list....

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopoate better ****ing play good because as finchie said alot of good centres were available...

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a Parramatta Eels board member and he was making fun of Hoppa coming to The Dogs. They didnt want him. He also wouldnt let me forget loko.
How could a parramatta board member or even a fan have anything to laugh at? They've been the joke of the league for years now.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
How could a parramatta board member or even a fan have anything to laugh at? They've been the joke of the league for years now.
Yep.. I think i might have almost used that sentence word for word, when talking to him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree Hoppa really has to rip shit apart this year and return to his Manly form.

Jennings, Walker, Roberts (despite his woeful defense) are light years ahead. Throw in Lafai moving, Copley etc.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I would've even been happy with clint gutherson. But one thing is for sure with our recruitment. No matter how good you are on the field it comes down to how friendly you are with the coach.

I just hope hoppa has a big year, and we can be Sam perrett free soon. The guy (perrett) single handedly cost us 2-3 games last year, there is no other NRL team that will carry a player that is so under skilled in his position that opposition players run past his untouched. But only at the Bulldogs.

Hpefully Des pulls something out of his hat and we can be competitive this year because I have some concerns 
I think this year will find out how good des really is cause keeping perrett signing hoper is not a good idea .

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walker wants to play 6 which he wouldn't do here.
Roberts was always going to the Broncos. He'll most likely get unreal TPAs that we could never match.
Copley was available too late and it was never a decision for the club to choose between him or Hoppa. Which means Jennings was a no too.
We may have had a chance at Gutherson but he requested a release to go to Parra under Arthur.
I don't see any of that to being 'poor recruitment' by the club. We'll just have to see who plays better out of Hoppa or Lafai.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the biggest disappointment with the whole of the bulldogs club would have to be the poor / non existing recruitment of any quality players, for a club that is reported to have great facilities, top staff and run as one of the biggest and best clubs we are a failure when it comes to retention of our better younger players, and recruiting quality players to fill a specified position within the team.

im not seeing des hasler as the great coach hes been made out to be, if he was we would be getting the players we need

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Does said board member shop at Woolworths or Coles?

This is an important question. In particular has he ever shopped at Woolworths Dural!

Status
Not open for further replies.