The Casualty Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am very sorry about our loss last night to the Cowboys - it was really disappointing.

On a more positive note, there is an injury update on the NRL website today in the article "Wasteful Dogs Rue Missed Chances". I think Chase Stanley can be added to those players listed who could return from injury.

As for Tolman I would say the club will be extra cautious about bringing him back too soon because last time he had a recurrence of his hamstring injury after about 5 minutes of game time against Manly. That cannot happen again.

The extract from the article says: "New South Wales Origin Pivot Josh Reynolds will be back on board for the Bulldogs' blockbuster Friday night clash with the Panthers having served the final week of his three game suspension, while Josh Morris (knee) and props David Klemmer (ankle) and Aiden Tolman (hamstring) are considered strong chances to line up for the Round 21 fixture"

Let's hope the Bulldogs get back on track with a solid win over Panthers

Changing the subject entirely, did anything come from your written complaint to the media watchdog (or whatever it was)?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Changing the subject entirely, did anything come from your written complaint to the media watchdog (or whatever it was)?
Thanks for reminding me DogKat.

Just to recap, I lodged a written complaint with the Australian Communications and Media Authority about Channel 9 reporting on the Dogs Mad Monday celebrations in 2012.

Among other things I noted that it is a statutory offence to record and broadcast private conversations, which I alleged Channel 9 had done.

The ACMA found that the conversation recorded by Channel 9 was not private therefore no offence had been committed. I actually do not accept this because I understand that amplification devices had been used to record the conversation.

Having said that, the AMCA sent me a copy of a long report it prepared. It investigated Channel 9 as a result of my complaint and I am happy to say that the response from Channel 9 came via its solicitors.

So, my complaint at least had partly the desired effect, it put a bit of trouble back in the face of Channel 9 and made it commit time, resources and money responding to the ACMA investigation - so that's good.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mbye is the quickest at the club, although I'm not sure how he matches up against Corey Thompson, who, in open space is a serious speedster as well.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Des usually only gives the 4th man on the bench limited minutes anyway, what's the difference?
It's not a matter of that, it's a matter of no forwards in our full strength squad deserving to be dropped.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
but what pisses me off even more is when their set plays dont go right, there doesnt seem to be anyone that can think outside of the box and come up with something different i.e instead of grubbing in-goal for thompson, hokko goes for the miracle pass that lands in row 3. its clear that the right side isnt his best lol.
Don't know if u realised or not but that ball was beautiful... It was intended for Lafai but for some reason he let it go... He was through.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Don't know if u realised or not but that ball was beautiful... It was intended for Lafai but for some reason he let it go... He was through.
it was a good pass but he had enough time to analyse it & missed the target. what i was alluding to was he isnt used to that side. had he thrown that pass from right to left, he nails it. either way, its back to normal on friday night.

ek999

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He didn't miss the target at all. It was a perfect ball for Lafai to catch, then draw in their winger to give Thompson a clear shot at the try line. Instead he let it go and the ball went out. Not sure why you're trying to blame Hokko for it TBH

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morris, Stanley, Reynolds, Tolman and Pritchard all trained well this morning.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Got it on good authority Morris will more then likely be back game after Penrith.,. Spewing.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Got it on good authority Morris will more then likely be back game after Penrith.,. Spewing.
Doesn't surprise me at all. He will be named again and not play :(

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He didn't miss the target at all. It was a perfect ball for Lafai to catch, then draw in their winger to give Thompson a clear shot at the try line. Instead he let it go and the ball went out. Not sure why you're trying to blame Hokko for it TBH
Thats exactly right laf shouldnt have let it go

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Morris, Stanley, Reynolds, Tolman and Pritchard all trained well this morning.
I'm sure you must be having a lend, or is Pritchard likely to return before end of season. Be great if he could get on the field with a few rounds to go, even if just used from the bench.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
i was filthy at hoko when i first saw that play but after watching the replay a few times it was a magic ball exactly what you want your halves doing putting the ball out in front so the backs can steam onto it, not only that if he had moved forward and taken the ball he was out side his man for a shot at the line or draw and pass for the winger, stupid lafai!! lots of potential but needs more consistancy.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you must be having a lend, or is Pritchard likely to return before end of season. Be great if he could get on the field with a few rounds to go, even if just used from the bench.
He is back training minus the heavy contact work. If he is to play it will be late in the season

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He is back training minus the heavy contact work. If he is to play it will be late in the season
It is late in the season we are entering round 21.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if they would bring Pritchard back for the finals if he was ready. He has been out for sooo long.

Status
Not open for further replies.