The CAR thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Realistic car AMG C63 Black edition please thanks :thumb:

Audi RS5 is nice

Would never buy another Nissan even the GTR35 I personally don't think its worth that much money when you can get a nice euro car for that much.
Fair enough, I don't think they should be worth that much either but I wouldn't spend $150k on a euro car either :p

I was meant to drive one at the fuji speedway back in 2012 but the guy who had it before me blew the transmission so I missed out taking the gtr for a spin on the track .

Thankfully I'm going back in late March and get another chance to drive the gtr :D

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On another note, there were 2 P platers driving a murcielago and a 458 yesterday around Bondi.

Needless to say they were being P platers lol.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
On another note, there were 2 P platers driving a murcielago and a 458 yesterday around Bondi.

Needless to say they were being P platers lol.
Life isn't fair to us who have to struggle ey...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of the pissed cops cheered him at all?

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a question for all you manual drivers.

When slowing down, do you prefer to downshift or put your car in neutral? I've heard mixed reviews about what's better.

Apparently neutral reeks havoc on the clutch, but downshifting affects the wear and tear of the engine, so you're better off replacing a clutch than engine parts.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

When slowing down, do you prefer to downshift or put your car in neutral? I've heard mixed reviews about what's better.

Apparently neutral reeks havoc on the clutch, but downshifting affects the wear and tear of the engine, so you're better off replacing a clutch than engine parts.
General driving just leave it in neutral. Going hot into corners downshift the gears.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

As someone who used to teach others how to drive rally cars, and with a few advanced and defensive driving courses undertaken....

Think of it as accelerating in reverse.

Always always ALWAYS downshift, as you get the added benefit of engine braking, and you'd be amazed how quickly you can pull up a car with a combination of engine braking and brakes.

That doesn't mean you have to run it through all gears though. Sometimes if I'm in 4th and coming to a stop I'll go straight from 4th, through third and straight into 2nd quickly.

Neutral is commonly known as "angel gear", because when you are in it, you're in the hands of gods (no control).

I'm no mechanic, but neutral shouldn't reak havoc on a clutch as the clutch plates are disengaged when in neutral. Downshifting will only wear gearbox and clutch components if: the car's gearbox oil is not maintained on a regular basis, you abuse the gearbox, you don't use the clutch, you force the gears, or you come off the clutch violentely (i.e dropping it and smashing the clutch plates together).

FWIW in an emergency braking situation where you might have severly reduced, or complete failure of brakes, often engine braking is used (at the sacrifice of the gearbox), to slow the car down to a complete stop, in combination with the hand brake (also at the sacrifice of your tyres). It's not recomended, but if it's life or death, its your best option (http://www.smartdriving.co.uk/Driving/Driving_emergencies/Brakes_fail.htm).

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As someone who used to teach others how to drive rally cars, and with a few advanced and defensive driving courses undertaken....

Think of it as accelerating in reverse.

Always always ALWAYS downshift, as you get the added benefit of engine braking, and you'd be amazed how quickly you can pull up a car with a combination of engine braking and brakes.

That doesn't mean you have to run it through all gears though. Sometimes if I'm in 4th and coming to a stop I'll go straight from 4th, through third and straight into 2nd quickly.

Neutral is commonly known as "angel gear", because when you are in it, you're in the hands of gods (no control).

I'm no mechanic, but neutral shouldn't reak havoc on a clutch as the clutch plates are disengaged when in neutral. Downshifting will only wear gearbox and clutch components if: the car's gearbox oil is not maintained on a regular basis, you abuse the gearbox, you don't use the clutch, you force the gears, or you come off the clutch violentely (i.e dropping it and smashing the clutch plates together).

FWIW in an emergency braking situation where you might have severly reduced, or complete failure of brakes, often engine braking is used (at the sacrifice of the gearbox), to slow the car down to a complete stop, in combination with the hand brake (also at the sacrifice of your tyres). It's not recomended, but if it's life or death, its your best option (http://www.smartdriving.co.uk/Driving/Driving_emergencies/Brakes_fail.htm).
Wear & tear on a clutch is normal. If used correctly there is no problem.

If you can blip the throttle to get the right revs in a downshift while heel / toeing then downshifting is always the way to go when racing. There is no wear when done correctly.

General driving, neutral is fine. There is no wear & tear anyway but you do work the brakes slightly harder. Who cares!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Always use some engine braking but not lots as not all gear teeth are designed for it, helps save brakes too.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep done that that at a wedding today in Parra.

We had a VL, a R35, 2 R34 & 2 R32 GTR's.

I have got a I-Phone so I hope I can post pics tomorrow. I hate Iphones with a passion & dont know how to use them!

I-Phone 5 c is crap...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep done that that at a wedding today in Parra.

We had a VL, a R35, 2 R34 & 2 R32 GTR's.

I have got a I-Phone so I hope I can post pics tomorrow. I hate Iphones with a passion & dont know how to use them!

I-Phone 5 c is crap...
I think I might of seen some of these cars around today lol

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I might of seen some of these cars around today lol
Here are the cars. Dropped a few burnouts for fun! There was a guy in a VL that was quite funny.

Funnily enough the 2 R34 are a his (blue) & hers (white) cars. Currently engaged & will drive their own cars to the wedding!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here are the cars. Dropped a few burnouts for fun! There was a guy in a VL that was quite funny.

Funnily enough the 2 R34 are a his (blue) & hers (white) cars. Currently engaged & will drive their own cars to the wedding!

Ah that chick the R34 my bro tried hitting on her a few times before lol, do you know them or something?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah that chick the R34 my bro tried hitting on her a few times before lol, do you know them or something?
She is a cute little blondie. Not bad to look at but she think shes really hot.

I dont know all that much about them. They seem ok!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She is a cute little blondie. Not bad to look at but she think shes really hot.

I dont know all that much about them. They seem ok!
Yeah she has an ego that guys want her due to her car I bet you, you can find much better then her who don't own a car ego like her lol

Status
Not open for further replies.