The CAR thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
They certainly look good but I know a couple of people who owned the e92 M3s have had nothing but issues with the DCT.

Issues they have had are:
- gearbox gets very clunky when travelling at low speed
- car looks like it will stall after taking the foot off the accelerator.
- Car stutters when the gearbox is downshifting
- DCT will shift into neutral and reducing the power steering on the car.

Gotta do your due diligence before you spend your hard earned cash on one of these.

Agree with this. Had a 335i with DCT prior to the C63 and the DCT is SHIT!

I hated it. Had the 335 for 6 months before I had to piss it off. Infuriating to drive at any time other that full throttle.

The 7 speed auto in the c63 however, is an absolute pleasure at any speed.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Yeah my mate had to get rid of his M3 cheaply after he owned it for 7 months and he sold it to this dumb Persian chick from Chatswood who just bought it off him instantly with no ifs or buts lol.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with this. Had a 335i with DCT prior to the C63 and the DCT is SHIT!

I hated it. Had the 335 for 6 months before I had to piss it off. Infuriating to drive at any time other that full throttle.

The 7 speed auto in the c63 however, is an absolute pleasure at any speed.
They certainly look good but I know a couple of people who owned the e92 M3s have had nothing but issues with the DCT.

Issues they have had are:
- gearbox gets very clunky when travelling at low speed
- car looks like it will stall after taking the foot off the accelerator.
- Car stutters when the gearbox is downshifting
- DCT will shift into neutral and reducing the power steering on the car.

Gotta do your due diligence before you spend your hard earned cash on one of these.
I haven't heard much of those problems pointed out on the DCT.

But I've done a lot research on a Manual Gear box v DCT, and its ultimately comes down to personal preference. People argue saying moving away from the manual gear box you lose the feel/control for the car down shifting with clutch and what not. But the DCT is a lot quicker in gear change.

But me personally I'm quite happy with the DCT driving to and from work in and out of the city suits me, I've been driving around my friends e92 335i DCT and there aren't any noticeable downfalls, he's also had some work done with BMW Performance exhaust, ECU tune, with other things I can't remember on the top of my head. The thing is a machine (Alpine white)

I was at BMW the other day looking around, the new 4-series is coming out sometime in Novemeber :thumb: hopefully the 3-series e92 drop. Which I think it will considering they're already dropping privately.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I haven't heard much of those problems pointed out on the DCT.

But I've done a lot research on a Manual Gear box v DCT, and its ultimately comes down to personal preference. People argue saying moving away from the manual gear box you lose the feel/control for the car down shifting with clutch and what not. But the DCT is a lot quicker in gear change.

But me personally I'm quite happy with the DCT driving to and from work in and out of the city suits me, I've been driving around my friends e92 335i DCT and there aren't any noticeable downfalls, he's also had some work done with BMW Performance exhaust, ECU tune, with other things I can't remember on the top of my head. The thing is a machine (Alpine white)

I was at BMW the other day looking around, the new 4-series is coming out sometime in Novemeber :thumb: hopefully the 3-series e92 drop. Which I think it will considering they're already dropping privately.
It depends what year model you want to get though... I know the 08/09 E92s had their fair share of issues with the DCT because of what I have mentioned above. They will be cheap with privates of course but if you want to go for that model, best that you buy it from a BMW dealership.

Curious to know about the 4 series, how are they going to be priced?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
These are the stupidest ugliest car on the road this year, who designed it, Bart Simpson?

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Doran's Pro Auto! If you want your car done up!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
These are the stupidest ugliest car on the road this year, who designed it, Bart Simpson?
That's just an unflattering shot of the car. And roof racks make every car look ugly.

I'd rather have that car than the American rubbish Hummer.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Have you driven them?

Their off road capabilities shits on the farken Jeep, x-trail and Patrol. Driven my cousins one at Samurai Beach in Port Stephens

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would never buy an American car. Come to think of it, I wouldn't buy any American product.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would take the Dodge any day. Absolute classic!
This is a classic, only one American car I'd ever want

[video=youtube;N_RSapPaOyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_RSapPaOyg[/video]

lol at how he stalled it

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never buy an American car. Come to think of it, I wouldn't buy any American product.
They are a lot better than they used to be. I just imported a brand new Chevy Camaro ZL1 from the US.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They are a lot better than they used to be. I just imported a brand new Chevy Camaro ZL1 from the US.
Oh! Camaro's/Vette's/Mustangs etc are the exception.

The interiors of Dodges/Jeeps/Chrysler are so poorly built and look and feel cheap.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you driven them?

Their off road capabilities shits on the farken Jeep, x-trail and Patrol. Driven my cousins one at Samurai Beach in Port Stephens
Toyota tough is legendary but this one looks like a Lego toy.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the new corvettes are guns. ZR6 or something like that!
Yeah I've been reading up on them. It's the new C7 Stingray. With the Z51 package its a weapon. Might trade the Camaro for one of them. U won't be able to import the new corvette for a while as the RAW workshops need to first bring them in, convert and get approval from the authorities.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I've been reading up on them. It's the new C7 Stingray. With the Z51 package its a weapon. Might trade the Camaro for one of them. U won't be able to import the new corvette for a while as the RAW workshops need to first bring them in, convert and get approval from the authorities.
I have heard they are the quickest car with a H patten box around Nuremberg.

How did you go with that tender?

Status
Not open for further replies.