The Canterbury illusion vs the Melbourne Illusion

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No, I've been pretty consistent....never wanted the cheese.
Fair enough intake the commen back. Before the last month he actually played his best football as a 13 though as hooker in the last month he has done well. All good

Real_Bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't say alot on here, But I prefer JMK over Brandon smith based on the money spent and the potential, we just need the right 1,7 and 13 now and he will be a perfect no.9

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how we seriously underrate players who have been hampered by our system, while seriously overrating players who have benefitted from Melbourne's system.

JMK has double the natural ability as a hooker than Brandon "Australia Post" Smith has, yet we have people here who want us to throw 900k at Smith and are angry we re-signed JMK on chump change. Take Smith away from Bellamy and he'd regress faster than a St George player looking for an escape route from Paul Vaughan's house when the cops rock up.

Great to know Jeremy will be with us for a few more years.
LOL. Good one Nasheed

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep and if Bellamy was the NSW coach with his system they’d beat Qld.

Oh wait...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes Bellamy & Trent Robinson and all the other NRL coaches will have a sleepless night knowing they missed out on JMK ..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not squabbling, I'm providing him comfort after AOC raped him.
Lmfao still going on with rape jokes that you denounce as offensive and sexist misogyny. Anyways have you thought up an answer yet? Imagine simping for AOC and can’t even defend her logic lol.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmfao still going on with rape jokes that you denounce as offensive and sexist misogyny. Anyways have you thought up an answer yet? Imagine simping for AOC and can’t even defend her logic lol.
Shes only 5 foot 4, it's OK you don't have to be afraid of her

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Serious question. Would you give AOC one if she had the voice and groan of Donald Trump?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shes only 5 foot 4, it's OK you don't have to be afraid of her
Lol true. Candace Owens much scarier for you. Black and 5 foot 6. Let’s not be hypocritical now and get back to the othe thread and finally answer even if you say you have no answer which you don’t it still has more credibility than running away

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Serious question. Would you give AOC one if she had the voice and groan of Donald Trump?
Bestiality is against my religion. Have you seen her face? A horse is still a horse no matter what angelic voice or groan you give her.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK has been with us for how many years ? Not just under Barrett, he also played under Pay and Georgalis. He's been SHIT under all 3. Shown f..k all in attack for YEARS. If we were happy enough with a tackle machine, even Lichaa could do that. Didn't JMK's own bro scold him in the Indigenous game for bad service ? He doesn't have a running game, he doesn't provide direction in attack, he doesn't ball play at all. It's extremely rare that he scores. No big surprise though because he's not a natural hooker. He's a manufactured hooker. A five-eight who hasn't been a hooker that long.

Brandon Smith - plays great for his country too when Bellamy isn't holding his hand, not just for the Storm. One of the best hookers in the comp and internationally. Where is JMK rated again ? Like f..king 17th. LOL. In other words he's F..KING LAST - WORST hooker in the whole NRL. The Raiders have 2 better hookers than him. Next year the Sharks will have 2 better hookers than him. He's one of the MAIN reasons we're last in the comp because he's f..king useless like most of his teammates. I'd rather Deitz any day of the week, not just for his running game but also for his passing game. Deitz has been unlucky getting injured when he got his chances. Just needs to improve his defence a bit but so does every c..t in our team.

JMK is just a waste of space. Only thing he's good for is being a speed hump on the way to other teams thrashing us. The other teams interested in him must have been the last placed ESL team and Mounties feeder team.

Anyone who thinks JMK is a good player is too easily pleased and must have totally forgotten what we looked like when we were a good team with a decent hooker or maybe you're a kid (born after the Dogs of War era)

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a weird comment. NSW have a very talented roster. JMK has more talent than Smith.
Good ju ju your way @utility half but me thinks you been spending some time in Nimbin. JMK is possibly an adequate no14 for some clubs in the NRL.

Cheese is an automatic forward pick in ANY team in the Comp.

Please get up now, put the pipe down and never visit Nasheeds Redfern hovel ever again..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
JMK has been with us for how many years ? Not just under Barrett, he also played under Pay and Georgalis. He's been SHIT under all 3. Shown f..k all in attack for YEARS. If we were happy enough with a tackle machine, even Lichaa could do that. Didn't JMK's own bro scold him in the Indigenous game for bad service ? He doesn't have a running game, he doesn't provide direction in attack, he doesn't ball play at all. It's extremely rare that he scores. No big surprise though because he's not a natural hooker. He's a manufactured hooker. A five-eight who hasn't been a hooker that long.

Brandon Smith - plays great for his country too when Bellamy isn't holding his hand, not just for the Storm. One of the best hookers in the comp and internationally. Where is JMK rated again ? Like f..king 17th. LOL. In other words he's F..KING LAST - WORST hooker in the whole NRL. The Raiders have 2 better hookers than him. Next year the Sharks will have 2 better hookers than him. He's one of the MAIN reasons we're last in the comp because he's f..king useless like most of his teammates. I'd rather Deitz any day of the week, not just for his running game but also for his passing game. Deitz has been unlucky getting injured when he got his chances. Just needs to improve his defence a bit but so does every c..t in our team.

JMK is just a waste of space. Only thing he's good for is being a speed hump on the way to other teams thrashing us. The other teams interested in him must have been the last placed ESL team and Mounties feeder team.

Anyone who thinks JMK is a good player is too easily pleased and must have totally forgotten what we looked like when we were a good team with a decent hooker or maybe you're a kid (born after the Dogs of War era)
I wouldn’t exactly say pay or georgalis are among the most astute coaching minds in the game either. Not to mention he plays in a side with a weak and inexperienced side with a lack of leadership.

JMK has a great running game when he uses it, his service and decision making are improving and he’s picking up the position at a reasonable rate. He’d be very good if given the chance to develop under the right mentor.
Smith has taken over four years to start looking like a really good hooker (and I wouldn’t classify him as one of the best in the competition, by any stretch.) He’s worth nothing close to the 900k tag people have been throwing around on here.

I’m far from a kid. The thing about those Dogs of war teams is they were brilliantly coached and managed. Comparing posters from that era to our current crop is apples snd oranges....and that is not entirely the fault of the players who make up our current roster.

I wouldn’t mind Smith at the right price..... but I’d rather keep JMK and still keep an eye out for other options than pay massive overs for a bloke who doesn’t want to be here anyway.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Good ju ju your way @utility half but me thinks you been spending some time in Nimbin. JMK is possibly an adequate no14 for some clubs in the NRL.

Cheese is an automatic forward pick in ANY team in the Comp.

Please get up now, put the pipe down and never visit Nasheeds Redfern hovel ever again..
Sure, he’d walk into our team.... but only because he’s a good back rower. He isn’t a 900k a year back rower though.