Rumour The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Has he had Chinese with Gus and the crew at CL?

2. Is he following the Dogs on #Insta?

3. Has he had a Tomahawk with Gus and the crew at The Locker Room?

4. Has Jobel added him to the murial?

5. Is Gus denying it on Twitter?

6. Is Matt Burton following him on #Insta?
7 Has Tino requested all dogs fans who booed him turn up to first game with signs "We Love Tino"

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All clubs are different. I personally don't like TPA's in the game because it can be used as a way to "cheat" the salary cap. In theory everyone should be doing it and we might as well not have a salary cap too while we're at it.

Here's an e.g. from 2019, not sure if there's a more updated one.

View attachment 76067

You'd think with our board and Gus we'll be towards the top of the TPA's moving forward.
It’s quiet bizarre isn’t it. Is there a cap on TPA ? Agree why have a salary cap if TPAs are not the same across all teams?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve never heard any player booed as much as Tino against the Bulldogs last year in Parramatta.

It was next level and rightfully deserved after what he did to Burton.

He should be nowhere near our team to be honest.
I was there. He even had security around him when he went over to his supporters....I'm up in the air with this one.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can laundy offer a 3rd party deal when he is the major sponsor?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sign Tino then offer haas 500k and shares in multiple pubs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So Uncle Nick is ok but not Uncle Arthur...
Rooster was one of the lowest TPA clubs when they won the comp in 2019, not sure if that's changed since. If they were giving players extra $ it was using different methods...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Rooster was one of the lowest TPA clubs when they won the comp in 2019, not sure if that's changed since. If they were giving players extra $ it was using different methods...
I'm sure there are plenty of "grey areas" that can/are exploited.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree and that’s why we need to divest away from it.

How ironic we are promoting gambling aware ads yet accepting revenue from that source.

We should practise what we preach.

The good news is only a few solid corporate partnerships would remove Leagues Club funding.

It would also simplify the board who will then be aligned to do what’s best for the team and not their financial interests.
That’s not how our Football Club and Leagues Club are linked. The majority of Directors on the Leagues Club Board are appointed by the Football Club. That’s how Peter Moore set it up, so the Football Club would always have control. Other clubs are not so fortunate.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I spoke to a few members over the past two games and we’ve come to the same conclusion.

Laundy is a shrewd businessman and a leach. He will always prioritise his business interests before the club.

The further we can distance ourselves from alcohol and gaming businesses, the better off the Bulldogs will be in the long run.

I will never buy a jersey with his logo at the front.
Oh well that's money saved for the next TEN YEARS at least then .. :p