Opinion The Bulldogs supporters used to be the most tight knit fan base in the comp!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I bleed blue and white just like all of us here on The Kennel, and I have always been very proud of us Dogs fans and how extremely tight our bond has been over the years through the good times and the bad, through thick and thin. We have always been galvanised through our love of our proud club. Our fan base is multicultural and diverse, we come from all types of backgrounds but this has never been an issue for us as a supporter base. I can still remember being at Kogarah oval up against the Wayne Bennett coached Dragons back in 2009 on a Friday night, it was an extremely tight match back and fourth the whole game, but as the clock ran down in the dying seconds my mates and I heads down started to leave the ground until Patten made a clean break through the middle and passed to Jamal Idris to score as the siren sounded, I grabbbed the nearest bunch of Lebanese brothers and we all celebrated uncontrollably screaming like school girls FUCK YEAH, until the video ref rulled obstruction and we all know the end result! My point is win lose or draw us Doggies tragics have always been close like brothers regardless of how tough times are for us and the club, but all I see lately here is we are all turning on each other and it pisses me off! So come on fellas let’s grow some sack, anti up and forgive our brothers who weve turned on over the years because good fortune is just around the corner, but it has to start with us!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Na fuck them

Dog R Us

Waterboy
Reaction score
Everything you say is true. Its just when you are so used to success and then you've had years of rubbish then you want answers ....and theres no doubt we have been let down by managements inept decisions. Now we are finally breaking the shackles of Haslers salary cap mess my only concern is do we have the right people in charge to take us back to the top? I don't know the answer to that

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Everything you say is true. Its just when you are so used to success and then you've had years of rubbish then you want answers ....and theres no doubt we have been let down by managements inept decisions. Now we are finally breaking the shackles of Haslers salary cap mess my only concern is do we have the right people in charge to take us back to the top? I don't know the answer to that
Answers.
The previous management ruined our salary cap until 2021. The team we're putting out on the field is more a 6-7m team.
We're going to recruit another 2-3m worth of talent for 2021.
We'll be finding out real shortly if we have the right board/recruitment team to get us back into the top eight/finals (which is our next goal).
If we stuff up recruitment we'll have to wait another ~three years before we can turn over the roster. The board will also be moved on at the next election.
We're not going to be a realistic premiership contender until ~2024 if we get a lot of things right.
We have a rebuild coach and the club is waiting for a top coach to be available. Maybe Pay will get one more year with a competitive roster but if he fails to meet expectations he'll be moved on.
If you need another club/team e.g. the Knights of 2017 (their recruitment) is basically where we're next year, we just have a better base to work with and more salary cap to spend in the first year. Their whole rebuild in general is very similar to what we're going through and going to go through.

The fan base will never be united until we're successful on the field. For some that's contending or winning a premiership every year.

Reactions: ATT

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I bleed blue and white just like all of us here on The Kennel, and I have always been very proud of us Dogs fans and how extremely tight our bond has been over the years through the good times and the bad, through thick and thin. We have always been galvanised through our love of our proud club. Our fan base is multicultural and diverse, we come from all types of backgrounds but this has never been an issue for us as a supporter base. I can still remember being at Kogarah oval up against the Wayne Bennett coached Dragons back in 2009 on a Friday night, it was an extremely tight match back and fourth the whole game, but as the clock ran down in the dying seconds my mates and I heads down started to leave the ground until Patten made a clean break through the middle and passed to Jamal Idris to score as the siren sounded, I grabbbed the nearest bunch of Lebanese brothers and we all celebrated uncontrollably screaming like school girls FUCK YEAH, until the video ref rulled obstruction and we all know the end result! My point is win lose or draw us Doggies tragics have always been close like brothers regardless of how tough times are for us and the club, but all I see lately here is we are all turning on each other and it pisses me off! So come on fellas let’s grow some sack, anti up and forgive our brothers who weve turned on over the years because good fortune is just around the corner, but it has to start with us!
Good post agree 100%

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good post agree 100%