Opinion The board

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im with you mate also a long time fan 44 years and ive never seen us so pathetic and average,this is what parra fans went through not us ,there is a problem,sadly i think lyn is way over her head and is a 1 trick pony basically bulldog dna bulldog dna and thats it

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Easy to say for Dean Pay to be replaced but we need to find a great coach that's going to take the clubs places,Justin Holbrook was our man

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey mate.

I think you should have a read of this as I don't think you actually know why we're where we're today.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...ase-big-names-until-2021-20180517-p4zfz3.html

Our previous board F'd us hard and we're trying to rebuild back to where we were under Des.

I'd also like to say that we're paying overs even if Bellamy is our coach. Our current roster isn't attractive. Money is the only incentive.

I was the same as you back in 2018 and that's how I came across this forum as I was looking for answers.
What u put out there is old news,kasiano,payments finished,2019,graham also,Woods,finished,in the words of our CEO,at the last members forum we are not paying for players at other clubs,the ratchet clause only valid ,if the salary cap rises,the salary cap is likely to stay the same,or actually may go down a couple of hundred thousand,mr vlandys own words on 100% footy last week.the problem we are having is we have 10 or so players coming of contract,the club should have told these guys perform or perish,likewise to the coach,spineless bunch

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that’s different since that article of 2 years ago is Anderson (resigned), Farrar and McDonnell (sacked) and Costa (unsure) are all gone now. Interested to know who apart from Pay and Hill are now on the recruitment and retention committee.
Vince Costa is now the CFO at the Sharks;very shrewd operator but was seen as a remnant of the Dib era after 14 years with Club,is no more.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Vince Costa is now the CFO at the Sharks;very shrewd operator but was seen as a remnant of the Dib era after 14 years with Club,is no more.
Yeah I knew he was gone and at the Sharks I wasn’t 100% sure on whether he was pushed or jumped but you’ve pretty much answered that. No issue with some new blood and fresh thinking, there’s plenty of good CFO’s around, so it ultimately might be a good thing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Great post mate, I think Pay, if he really does love the club and wants to help us build for the future, should fall on his sword.

That at least will win back some support from the fans!
Enjoy your posts mate but honestly there’s no way this will happen, emotionally or rationally speaking. Most only get one shot at being an NRL coach and it’s not something you walk away from unless you have no choice. Pay won’t jump, he’ll have to be pushed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What u put out there is old news,kasiano,payments finished,2019,graham also,Woods,finished,in the words of our CEO,at the last members forum we are not paying for players at other clubs,the ratchet clause only valid ,if the salary cap rises,the salary cap is likely to stay the same,or actually may go down a couple of hundred thousand,mr vlandys own words on 100% footy last week.the problem we are having is we have 10 or so players coming of contract,the club should have told these guys perform or perish,likewise to the coach,spineless bunch
There are more players than who you mentioned. We're still carrying current players on back ended contracts. There is ~2m in salary cap tied up between Foran and Tolman alone. We have ~3m to spend for 2021 and that doesn't include the players we've re-signed (or re-signing in regards to Elliott, Foran and Wakeham).

Perform or perish isn't an option unless another club will take the player. Tigers have Packer and McQueen rotting in reserve grade.

The salary cap won't go down and if it does every player will take a % cut. It wouldn't affect us whatsoever.

A

Alexander the Great

We need proper business acumen on the board not past players or board members who sit out of spite. The other pre requisite must be a passion of the sport and our history.
I would also add piss pots to that list. No drunks on the board please.

A

Alexander the Great

Could not agree more. The more varied the backgrounds and experience of board members the better.
They got rid of Anter who came across as a young man with drive and hunger. From memory his back ground was working with the wanderers and really knew his shit.

Unfortunately he was axed when the board took over. They should maybe look into types of kids like that for another point of view on things.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Enjoy your posts mate but honestly there’s no way this will happen, emotionally or rationally speaking. Most only get one shot at being an NRL coach and it’s not something you walk away from unless you have no choice. Pay won’t jump, he’ll have to be pushed.
Only a matter of time

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They got rid of Anter who came across as a young man with drive and hunger. From memory his back ground was working with the wanderers and really knew his shit.

Unfortunately he was axed when the board took over. They should maybe look into types of kids like that for another point of view on things.
Anter was on the previous Board with Dib. He’s currently Chairman of Football NSW. Held in the highest regard at National level by the FFA. Would be a wise move as well as a goodwill gesture to bring his talent back to the Club. Has international corporate connections.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like we are surrounded by yes men stroking Mr Adolf Andersons ego.

A

Alexander the Great

Anter was on the previous Board with Dib. He’s currently Chairman of Football NSW. Held in the highest regard at National level by the FFA. Would be a wise move as well as a goodwill gesture to bring his talent back to the Club. Has international corporate connections.

Looks like that worked out well for him in a way.
I've spoke to him a few times he was the one person I thought should have stayed on when the wanted to cleanse the old board out for the new future of the club

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this talk about a former director calling all the shots behind the scenes,(as mentioned here and in the media) , if true this is outrageous.
Irrespective of whether he is not a director on the books, he is still acting as a director and from what i understand this is illegal.
Wonder if the football club is paying him huge amount of consultancy fees??
Truth always comes out in the end...