The Blue Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Dunno, has it been a fail in every target or have they jagged one?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be interesting to list all the possible reasons why our once great club has deteriorated so badly and is continually going down hill. I'm 73 years old and have been following the dogs since 1967 when they stopped St George's run, the main problem with a review is that we all have ego's which doesn't allow us to consider other participants thoughts, mind you some posts are not worth reading. Not many people like reading negative stuff but when things are bad you have no choice if you want to solve the problem, as the great Andrew Carnegie wrote a problem well stated is a problem half solved, I have learned that if you are very clear about understanding the problem your chances of solving is much better than 50%.
I learned in business that when things aren't going well most people grab at straws in a desperate attempt to survive, I have seen some business going to the wall because the owners were to afraid to face the truth.

Following I have listed some of the reasons why our club has gone down hill.

(1) Bullfrog and Quayle had a big fallowing out about the time of Sl, the following result was that a certain high profile person began a vendetta campaign through the media against our club, and he had a big influence with many involved in running then game and many RL fans. I can still see many game commentators celebrating when we lose no matter who we were playing, this is also obvious with some jurnos, lets not forget what Fifita said on ch9 after he had signed wit us. This hate may have affected and is very probably still affecting our recruitment and retention.

(2) I'm certain that this hate hit Des like a ton of bricks when he first came to our club, and I think that this could be the reason why he has only been going through the motions of coaching.

(3) As a result our club is now trying to sing former supper stars who have gone over the rails, in an effort to get the club back on track, this is classical case of grabbing at straws, IMHO buying established players has led to success on very few occasions.

(4) Also I believe that it is because of the hate, that our club has gone overboard in trying to look nice, i.e. the planting of trees a few years ago, employing a very nice person as CEO, not keeping hard nosed players such as Tapau, ( think that some of our current forwards should play in skirts.)

(5) I don't know the reason behind our board decision to appoint Des for another 2 years, perhaps they may have had a good reason, I do not believe that their was no one else willing to take the job including Jimmy.

(6) I doubt very much that we can win a comp in the next few years, the problem will only be solved if our club finds someone who bleeds blue and white ( I don't think Cleal was really having a go) to scout far and wide to find young talent who have supported our club from a very young age like Klemmer or who have not been affected by the hate media.

(7) Our board might think that when they sign someone they are signing a professional person, well the truth is that all professional people are also human and all humans have likes and dislikes and some even carry deep seated prejudices for life.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It would be interesting to list all the possible reasons why our once great club has deteriorated so badly and is continually going down hill. I'm 73 years old and have been following the dogs since 1967 when they stopped St George's run, the main problem with a review is that we all have ego's which doesn't allow us to consider other participants thoughts, mind you some posts are not worth reading. Not many people like reading negative stuff but when things are bad you have no choice if you want to solve the problem, as the great Andrew Carnegie wrote a problem well stated is a problem half solved, I have learned that if you are very clear about understanding the problem your chances of solving is much better than 50%.
I learned in business that when things aren't going well most people grab at straws in a desperate attempt to survive, I have seen some business going to the wall because the owners were to afraid to face the truth.

Following I have listed some of the reasons why our club has gone down hill.

(1) Bullfrog and Quayle had a big fallowing out about the time of Sl, the following result was that a certain high profile person began a vendetta campaign through the media against our club, and he had a big influence with many involved in running then game and many RL fans. I can still see many game commentators celebrating when we lose no matter who we were playing, this is also obvious with some jurnos, lets not forget what Fifita said on ch9 after he had signed wit us. This hate may have affected and is very probably still affecting our recruitment and retention.

(2) I'm certain that this hate hit Des like a ton of bricks when he first came to our club, and I think that this could be the reason why he has only been going through the motions of coaching.

(3) As a result our club is now trying to sing former supper stars who have gone over the rails, in an effort to get the club back on track, this is classical case of grabbing at straws, IMHO buying established players has led to success on very few occasions.

(4) Also I believe that it is because of the hate, that our club has gone overboard in trying to look nice, i.e. the planting of trees a few years ago, employing a very nice person as CEO, not keeping hard nosed players such as Tapau, ( think that some of our current forwards should play in skirts.)

(5) I don't know the reason behind our board decision to appoint Des for another 2 years, perhaps they may have had a good reason, I do not believe that their was no one else willing to take the job including Jimmy.

(6) I doubt very much that we can win a comp in the next few years, the problem will only be solved if our club finds someone who bleeds blue and white ( I don't think Cleal was really having a go) to scout far and wide to find young talent who have supported our club from a very young age like Klemmer or who have not been affected by the hate media.

(7) Our board might think that when they sign someone they are signing a professional person, well the truth is that all professional people are also human and all humans have likes and dislikes and some even carry deep seated prejudices for life.
Does that mean these stars are singing for their former supper? Nil comprendi I'm afraid :-((

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is the club revenue now.

Are they close to the target. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.