The Blame-game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kane 'em

I was fleetingly watching the game illegally while watching the channel nine game so i cant answer that but
the scoreboard tells me something wasnt right,one does not simply get their asses handed to them by canberra

I'm as perplexed as the next guy. Interesting to see how the Dogs respond next week. Prior to tonight, we hadn't lost a match since May.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldn't get a mindset on it, no supporter base.
Is that the best they could do?
Not done yet.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
tonight was depressing and soon it will be a distant memory :grinning:

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that Des wouldve been hammering the boys at training of late building a fitness base for the finals. i have thought this
for a few weeks now even though the team have been winning the performances have not been convincing.

A loss will do us no harm and once the training taper kicks in, hopefully next weekend, the composed, enthusiastic
football will return.

Jono Wright is our weak link and was exposed accordingly last night, however he did have some partners in crime.
The other thing is we really have nobody to replace him with Goodwin hardly being the answer to our prayers
and mcdougall seemingly further down the pecking order again.

We only need to win 4 in a row to win the comp now, not 18 : )

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A loss will do us no harm and once the training taper kicks in, hopefully next weekend, the composed, enthusiastic
football will return.
I thought this before the game last night. But the way we lost can not be good for anyone!

Their mental strength is what saw us flying in the middle part of the streak. They have shown moments of weakness over the last month. Tonight was 80 minutes of it.

I just hope it is the pressure release they needed as far as the winning so many games in a row thing.

We have to trust Des & hope!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Its hard to stay mentally focused all the time, especially when we have been on top of the ladder for so long. The media has been talking about finals for 6 weeks now, Im sure our players sort of feel like they just want the finals to get here already. Lets hope the loss is a freshen up for us, a wake up call. We are back at home next week and then the real competition begins. Des will have us firing!

bullpup1971

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
]]now thats seems like a fair call

'\
no menace
wright had a shocker
offensivley no1 stood up
poor completetion rate
got smashed early in penalties and just couldnt recover
we will be back next week to bring the Mp home!
and start our momentum going into the finals

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really wouldnt be surprised if Des actually wanted this loss. He is the best mind coach you will ever see.

This releases the pressure of our winning streak. Lets face, it was bound to start getting to the players if it hdb't already!

Giving the hooker a rest is another sign that he didnt really take this game as seriously as our past games.

Its hard to motivate a team thats coming first and on a winning streak. Now with a big loss he can get them mentally to the next level..

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Im glad that Desmond didn't rest more players, because then the loss would of been excused and not taken seriously and hide the areas we need work in.

I hope the boys remember the feeling yesterday at full time getting belted by a lower dud team

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Glad is was now and not the last game of the year. Heads should be back on this week at training and ready for a demolition job on the Roosters. The loss has come and gone, it is done, lets all move on.

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im glad that Desmond didn't rest more players, because then the loss would of been excused and not taken seriously and hide the areas we need work in.

I hope the boys remember the feeling yesterday at full time getting belted by a lower dud team
X 2...the flaws in our side have been there for all to see in the last couple or weeks..it doesnt take a genius coach to figure it out...just for the players to execute the right plays(ie kickinin behind jono)hopefully we not a team on the slide heading into the semis

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is just a hiccup, just like when we lost 35-0 to the jewsters in 2004

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
X 2...the flaws in our side have been there for all to see in the last couple or weeks..it doesnt take a genius coach to figure it out...just for the players to execute the right plays(ie kickinin behind jono)hopefully we not a team on the slide heading into the semis
O yea show little faith. :(

P

Paint.

ffs i say sack ennis, how dare he not take it one at a time and think he deserves a rest over the other players and cost us the win.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I blame Des Hasler for saving that butthurt WoManly club from extinction !!!

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Fine actually,we've won 2 comps in the last decade :grinning:

We lost to 2 lucky kick tries and an intercept missing probably
a handful of internationals

The line wasn't broken,how was losing to a team struggling to make
the 8 via a cricket score?
Mate you should know how it feels.

Manly got completely towelled up by Newcastle 5 or 6 weeks ago and Newcastle aren't anywhere near as good a side as Canberra.

So, you have answered your own question.

P

Paint.

Fine actually,we've won 2 comps in the last decade :grinning:

We lost to 2 lucky kick tries and an intercept missing probably
a handful of internationals

The line wasn't broken,how was losing to a team struggling to make
the 8 via a cricket score?
tbh in cricket both teams usually crack the 100 mark.
No team has ever scored over 100 pts in one rugby league match
therefore it is logically highly improbable for a cricket score to be put on during a rugby league match.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.